UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Common Templates on Hybrid

anon1

Wanderer
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

Crowd Controlling Tamer

Taming/Vet/Lore/Magery/Resist/Music/Provocation

My drag kills anything one on one. Anything not one on one they kill each other and then my dragon helps.

Why is peacemaking so much more popular nowadays?

asherg

Wanderer
Re: Common Templates on Hybrid

Under the "dex monkey" section, what benefit does magery do, other than the obvious. Does it give a bonus to something else?

If I'm building an alchy dexer, does magery bring anything to the party? I was only going to have 35 INT so mana is going to limit what spells I can use.. unless there is some kind of bonus it seems like a waste to GM it.

Mana Dumper

Traveler
I used to solo alot on an LJ char.
100 str
100 dex
25 int

100 swords
100 tactics
100 LJ
100 healing
100 resist
100 anatomy
60 hiding
40 magery

Magery to recall and after many fizzles I could usually cast reflect. Hiding was useful because well, I was rolling solo and needed to hide from gank squads here and there.

@ asherg,
The many bonuses of magery in terms of a party situation:
-cross heal your friends <--- best use of magery for a dexxer with no eval/med
-invis yourself/friends if your mount gets killed or if you get bola'd off an ethereal
-being able to recall is vital to any pvp
-teleport up hills and over rivers to escape bad situations
-you can magic arrow your mates to get them out of paralyze
-energy field is good for keeping people out of their houses

The more magery you have, the less you will fizzle. Also, your magery factors into the formula that determines how many circles of reflect you can obtain. This formula is:

If you are not gm in inscription, the number of circles you can reflect can be calculated as:
1 + (Magery + Inscription) /100) x 7 = circles of reflection
~Tessa's Cove Hybrid Cliffnotes

L

Lustian

I need to know opinions about this PvM tamer template:

Animal taming
Animal lore
Veterinary
Musicianship
Provocation & discordance or discordance & peacemaking
Magery

it would be a good or a bad template?, pros? cons?.
I'm new to this server (not to Ultima Online). I got a bit confused on why everybody use Resisting Spells and Peacemaking on tamers.
I want a tamer PvM oriented, just to have fun raiding dungeons and killing all type of monsters. And also make some coins to buy my first house. :)

Thanks in advance for helping me

WarEagle

Page
I need to know opinions about this PvM tamer template:

Animal taming
Animal lore
Veterinary
Musicianship
Provocation & discordance or discordance & peacemaking
Magery

it would be a good or a bad template?, pros? cons?.
I'm new to this server (not to Ultima Online). I got a bit confused on why everybody use Resisting Spells and Peacemaking on tamers.
I want a tamer PvM oriented, just to have fun raiding dungeons and killing all type of monsters. And also make some coins to buy my first house. :)

Thanks in advance for helping me

If you go with Tame, Lore, Vet, Music, Peace, Discord, and Magery, you will be able to painlessly solo anything in the game. Disco is fantastic as it has a very low repeat limit and when it succeeds, it lowers the MOB's difficulty to peace.

The downfall is the complete and utter lack of defense from pks. If you have a macro set up to recall and are quick on it, you will be fine most of the time. One interruption will probably be the death of you though.

I like to use it to take my two mares out. It lets me stay mobile since I can ride a mount and my mares are much more mobile than dragons or wyrms. I will then use it to carve through smaller mobs (Titans, Ice Fiends, Blood Eles) since discord turns them into pretty quick work. I can do pretty decently in the cash farming provided I'm not molested by pks.

V1RTU4L

Page
i am using following macer/mage-template right now and am thinking about lowering the anatomy skill in favor of a bit inscription (for better magic reflect).

my skills are:
magery
evalint
meditation
resisting spells
mace
anatomy
tactics

what is the benefit of having the full 100% anatomy compared to having 80% anatomy only... i think i read that the melee bonus of anatomy was marginally anyways ... what do i miss ?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
i am using following macer/mage-template right now and am thinking about lowering the anatomy skill in favor of a bit inscription (for better magic reflect).

my skills are:
magery
evalint
meditation
resisting spells
mace
anatomy
tactics

what is the benefit of having the full 100% anatomy compared to having 80% anatomy only... i think i read that the melee bonus of anatomy was marginally anyways ... what do i miss ?

Eval Int + Anatomy = Defensive wrestling.

Which means that if you drop your anatomy, you'll probably be more likely to be disturbed.

It would be to weight in whether or not you think that 20 inscribe would make any difference to your reflect? I would think barely if any.

V1RTU4L

Page
so you mean healing via greater heal would give 10% more lifepoints or by drinking a greater heal potion ?

ok, that defensive wrestling feature was what i was missing... i had it somewhere in my mind but did not know the exact combination of skills needed.

and yes, i think 20% of inscribing does indeed make i difference... my train of thought was, perhaps being able to reflect the usually used spell to wear of magic reflection plus a flamestrike. ((1+20+100)/100)* 7 equals 8 circles of magic reflection which would mean one magic arrow plus one flamestrike. 30% inscription would already give 9 circles ... but if you say this is unrealistic thinking, i admit i do not pvp enough to know if it makes sense

This is what I meant, sorry I wasn't clear I was busy at the time.

• Anatomy gives a bonus to the Healing skill of 1% for every 5 points in Anatomy
  • Gm Anatomy gives a 10% bonus to healing
also

• Anatomy increases melee damage by 5% for every 10 points of anatomy.
~Hybrid Cliffnotes

Peakaboo

Sorceror
Alchy/macerMacefighting​
Tactics​
Anatomy​
Healing​
Magery​
Resist​
Alchemy​
THE God class of warriors. Does not rely on dex, allowing for greater armour. No need for an additional skill for extra damage, so has magery. Chase people down, potting them non-stop. When they stop to heal, whomp them good.​

I'm new on Hybrid and I was thinking about the above build for my first pvp build. I found the tank/mage builds the most interesting, but I haven't played UO in a long while and I've never done a lot of pvp'ing, so I figured this one might be good to start off with, and fairly easy to modify once I think I'm ready for the tank/mage. I got curious about the "Does not rely on dex" bit, though. What should my starting stats look like (would 100/90/35 be fine for instance?), and I'm also curious if this means that plate mail is viable for this build, or is the dex loss still too big?

100/35/90 is fine.

Though i suggest 100str/60dex/65int.

More mana for instant healing, and with a dex pot you will never notice the smaller dex score.

Thank you for the reply. I take it that this means that using plate mail is out of the question even with this build?
No, you can use platemail, war-hammers don't have a really wide dex-to-swing ratio.

100 dex warhammer swing-speed= 3 seconds.
50 dex war hammer swing-speed= 3.5 seconds.

Anenigma

Sorceror
have to be honest...I have never seen the point of resist on a PVM Peace/tamer I prefer med for faster mana regen...when recalling from spawn to spawn