UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Client Crashing During Login

Rainn Drops

Sorceror
Hi guys--I am trying to come back to UO and have properly installed the client but as soon as I log into my account and select my character the 'entering brit' screen comes up then the client either freezes or crashes.

I've read a bunch of troubleshooting posts on here but haven't seen anyone else with this particular issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Sorceror
Would be nice to see a screenshot of the crash.
Not much information you're giving out here.
Have you updated UO?

Rainn Drops

Sorceror
Yeah sorry, I guess I'm being vague here. Running razor--I can't really take a quick screen shot because as soon as I click on my characters name the normal 'entering britannia' screen appears and then the client crashes. :(

I've been told to run as administrator and still encountering issues here. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled, everything is properly patched and up to date. I'm so close but it won't work!

Tobias

Sorceror
I think it would help if you took a screenshot of the crash itself, with the "crash notification", that may point out what is causing the error.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Does it happen on multiple characters, on multiple accounts? If so, then it's a client-related problem. Might not be patched enough, or you're missing files (try running the client without Razor to let it patch).

If it only happens on one character, but not on others, it's likely a bad local game profile. Go into Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data, open your account folder, then go into UOGamers, then either rename or delete the folder of the character you're having problems with.

Rainn Drops

Sorceror
Hi Montana!!!

I have it up and running folks, I am back in business. Sad to see how quiet the server is though. I was able to place a house in open space (yikes)!

Rainn Drops

Sorceror
Does it happen on multiple characters, on multiple accounts? If so, then it's a client-related problem. Might not be patched enough, or you're missing files (try running the client without Razor to let it patch).

If it only happens on one character, but not on others, it's likely a bad local game profile. Go into Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data, open your account folder, then go into UOGamers, then either rename or delete the folder of the character you're having problems with.
Got it to work thanks!!!