UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changing automatic client detection

seekrutj89

Sorceror
So I really hate to piss on this thread, but your inability to just provide a 64 bit example with the registry properly inserted, basically skunked my ass because of what [your path] is implying is to copy and paste it, well thats all well and good, but you have to

ADD *** one extra \ to 'C:\' to have it reference the correct installation folder.

In fact had I known how difficult this would have actually been, I would have just modified the 32bit version of your text to include the logical 64 bit extension, which would have saved time on this entire process. because your original example includes the original installation path of the client.

in short i hate you, but i now have sallos.

Death To You

Sorceror
So I really hate to piss on this thread, but your inability to just provide a 64 bit example with the registry properly inserted, basically skunked my ass because of what [your path] is implying is to copy and paste it, well thats all well and good, but you have to

ADD *** one extra \ to 'C:\' to have it reference the correct installation folder.

In fact had I known how difficult this would have actually been, I would have just modified the 32bit version of your text to include the logical 64 bit extension, which would have saved time on this entire process. because your original example includes the original installation path of the client.

in short i hate you, but i now have sallos.
I don't understand the problem you had, it says to do double brackets.

eltaco

Sorceror
hey shino,

I've done everything step by step. the reg file worked.

when running razor, i get this dialog box called "Unhandled exception".
it goes like this:

System.ArgumentException: La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés, codage 'Unicode (UTF-8)' de secours 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Nom du paramètre : chars
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
à System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
à System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
à Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
à Assistant.Language.Load(String lang)
à Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

any idea what might be the cause of that?

eltaco

Sorceror
the amount of time i spent on fixing this whole thing makes this post-worthy:

I FUCKING GOT IT TO WOOOARK

downloaded .net framework 1.1 to fix the error noted above

Durzza

Traveler
Razor and Sallos both use an automatic client detection technique to locate your client. If you have multiple clients installed, or if you installed UO from a newer client installer, the correct client may not be selected. Razor and Sallos both infer the client's location from the registry keys, put there by the UO installer.

To change the detected directory, you can manually change the registry keys. You can do this as follows:
  1. Open Notepad from the start menu, under Accessories. (Any plain text editor will work. Do not use Wordpad or Microsoft Word.)
  2. Copy and paste the appropriate code for you into Notepad.

If you have 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7, use:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="[your client path]\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="[your client path]"
    "PatchExePath"="[your client path]\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="[your client path]\\uo.exe"

If you have 64-bit Windows XP/Vista/7, use:
    Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="[your client path]\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="[your client path]"
    "PatchExePath"="[your client path]\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="[your client path]\\uo.exe"

If you are not sure which version you have, open the C:\ drive. If you see both a folder named "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)", you have 64-bit Windows. If you only see a folder named "Program Files", you have 32-bit Windows.
  3. Replace every instance of "[your client path]" with the path you want Razor and Sallos to use. This must match your UO client location exactly. You must also use double slashes. Examples of files paths are:

C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic
    C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic
    D:\\Games\\Ultima Online

If you don't know where you installed your client, start a Windows search for "uo.exe".

This is an example of what the code should look like now, for 32-bit Windows and the first example directory:
    Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic"
    "PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
  4. Click File -> Save As...

Use "uo.reg" as the file name.
    Save as type "All Files (*.*)".

Save it. You can put it anywhere you want, just remember the location for the next step.
  5. Close Notepad and browse to where you saved the file. Right-click the file and select Merge. If that option is not available, right-click the file again and select Open with -> Registry Editor.
  6. The Registry Editor will ask you for confirmation. Confirm the import action.
You can now restart Razor or Sallos to see if the changes were successful. If you experience any issues using this, please post below.

Shino im stuck in between steps 2 and 3..... HELP PLEASE!

Durzza

Traveler
This is what i have so far in my notepad

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\uo.exe"

Durzza

Traveler

"ExePath"="C:\Users\ROB\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\Users\ROB\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss"
"PatchExePath"="C:\Users\ROB\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\Users\ROB\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\\uo.exe"

Should it read like this? Do you have skype man? I might need like a thorough break down for this. And im using a 64 bit

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This is what i have so far in my notepad

"ExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\\uo.exe"
This is right, but you need to be using double slashes for the path everywhere, like this:

Code:

"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uo.exe"

Give that one a try!

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Still not a thing working. Did it all im uninstalling everything. and probably kissing UO goodbye
If you can't get it to work you can also just set your Razor's "UO Data Directory" to your client folder and ignore the cliloc error.

The UO Data Directory setting is in the welcome screen. If you don't see the welcome screen when starting Razor, go into the General tab and enable "Show Welcome Screen".