UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - October 4, 2014

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
The following changes have been made during server wars:
  • Razor/UOSteam feature negotiation is now mandatory. Make sure "Negotiate features with server" in your Razor/UOSteam options is enabled, or you will not be able to stay connected.
  • Potions are now a deedable commodity.
  • Explosion potions can no longer be kicked.
  • Player vendors will now display their pack item count and weight to their owner.

Shini

Page
Now if you could remove delay macros and disable the hit c on sallos too that would be perfect.

Thanks you.

Last edited:

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
Are you kidding me? Why the hell would you remove scav'ing pots?????????????????? You're just removing a staple to my dueling/pvp and yet you're only doing this because the lesser pvp'ers weren't able to do it, so you're basically catering to the noobies.

Seriously, I'm so done with this server. You guys need to learn to do votes for large pvp changes such as this, ruining PvP even more by releasing ridiculous changes like this are going to be the final killing blow to an already dying server.

Smh...all the other changes are fine, considering they don't have a huge effect on gameplay.

Hit me up on skype anybody that sees this that would like free stuff.

Shini

Page
Are you kidding me? Why the hell would you remove scav'ing pots?????????????????? You're just removing a staple to my dueling/pvp and yet you're only doing this because the lesser pvp'ers weren't able to do it, so you're basically catering to the noobies.

Seriously, I'm so done with this server. You guys need to learn to do votes for large pvp changes such as this, ruining PvP even more by releasing ridiculous changes like this are going to be the final killing blow to an already dying server.

Smh...all the other changes are fine, considering they don't have a huge effect on gameplay.

Well im assuming that you are trolling but if you are not i will take some , i wanna play but i don't have wands and pots ZzZzZzZzZz.

Last edited:

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
Well im assuming that you are trolling but if you are not i will take some , i wanna play but i don't have wands and pots.
Shini, it's no troll. They seriously took away one of my staples for dueling/pvp...Out of EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PLAYER that pvps on the shard, I was the ONLY ONE that regularly ran pots into people if they threw them early...now, I cannot do so. It took skill, it took timing, and it was FUN and awesome to watch on video...they basically attacked ME in this change, and I'm not okay with that. It has ZERO effect on anybody else because nobody else did it due to its ability to backfire.

Sure, back in the day the OLD pot kicking was bad and abused, but they removed that and they did a great job at it...removing it entirely is just stupid.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
Wasn't pot kicking disabled ages ago?
The ACTUAL pot kicking was, the one that was able to be abused...however, you could still pick the pots up off the ground once thrown by scavenging them. Then, all you'd need to do is rethrow it in time...it took skill, and good timing, otherwise it would backfire...but it added more urgency to dueling/fielding and it took a good degree of skill to do...yet, of course - why should we allow duels/pvp to be interesting? Let's just remove EVERYTHING and add MORE ANIMALS THAT CAN INSTANTLY KILL SOMEBODY...fml...so dumb.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
It requires skill because you had to run to the pot, use a button that you BOUND to scavenge, then kept an eye on the short amount of time left, used your pot key and threw it at them. It required skill because if you didn't time it correctly, you got hit by dmg which then you'd have to mediate and turn defense to heal, OR run directly into them to interrupt their casting...Obviously, if they threw at 4 you pick up by 3, have less than a second to throw...if they threw at 3 you MUST be close enough and fast enough to hit the scav button and rethrow WHILE STILL CASTING, etc....it takes skill. With that being said, ANYBODY can do it with enough practice and they had it set up perfectly to where it could NOT be exploited by UOSteam scripts or Razor scripts.

Why remove something that was working and not able to be exploited? Blows my mind.

Last edited:
That guy is a great troll. Only idiots that throw at the 3/4 was he able to actually even kick, and the reason nobody else pot kicked like this wasn't because it was hard but because it was not necessary. If they throw the pot at the 4, simply run away and take over offense or heal to full on defense. Why even try to make a play thats only going to put your pot on a timer? I doubt he's within kill shot range anyways so it's unlikely you'll be landing a kill. He said he'd run the pot into them as a last resort, when people do that without having to scav.

Seems like the dude is just an ultimate troll, because I highly doubt anybody serious would have thought this was some sort of skillful advantage that added flavor to dueling. I'd love to throw a pot on the 4 at you just to watch you blow yourself up.

Good changes all in all, Suzy. I hope the coding of the major projects are making progress as well.

Newk

Sorceror

I would like free stuff. Skype is newk-uog

shader

Sorceror
The reason why this server is dying, is because of pots in the first place. People play free UO servers for nostalgia, because they want to play the game as they remember it, back in the 97-00 era. I played in that era, religiously, everyday. Literally 10-12 hours, it dominated my life. I PvPed all day long everyday. And at NO POINT IN TIME during that entire era, do I EVER remember people running around throwing pots at each other. At NO POINT IN TIME during that entire era, do I even remember people SUGGESTING having alchemy in PvP builds. Yet...this server is literally dominated, ruled, and over-run by it. This server has less PvP diveristy than any other UO server I have ever seen. THAT is why this server is dying. Unfortunately, the people who make decisions here, are clueless. If they haven't woken up by now, they never will.

Valentino

Sorceror
The reason why this server is dying, is because of pots in the first place. People play free UO servers for nostalgia, because they want to play the game as they remember it, back in the 97-00 era. I played in that era, religiously, everyday. Literally 10-12 hours, it dominated my life. I PvPed all day long everyday. And at NO POINT IN TIME during that entire era, do I EVER remember people running around throwing pots at each other. At NO POINT IN TIME during that entire era, do I even remember people SUGGESTING having alchemy in PvP builds. Yet...this server is literally dominated, ruled, and over-run by it. This server has less PvP diveristy than any other UO server I have ever seen. THAT is why this server is dying. Unfortunately, the people who make decisions here, are clueless. If they haven't woken up by now, they never will.

I don't know about that being the reason the server is "dying" -- but certainly your points about alchemy having no place in PvP during the OSI-era is true. This server has evolved its own style of PvP though, which really doesn't resemble OSI-era pvp. For example, very rarely did people use wands on OSI.

the whole 'Pots are why this server is dying' held how much salt when there were over 1.2k+ players playing? The game has gotten stale, and while OSI held different pvp standards than UOG hybrid, purple potions are not why this server is 'dying', as you so put.

It's easy to point at anything as the reason for the population declining, but please have something more intuitive to say than purple potions. That's like linking ice cream sales to murder.

One fighting style. Wands and pots.

That's what he is saying.

And it's crap, I agree.

Its why everyone is going to uoforever.

And back when this server was 1k+ on the regular, no one used pots.

The less skilled brought that up to norm.

And it's crap, I agree.

shut up now, everyone know UOF has crap pvp, dont mind me, but who the fuck are you?

Wands are kind gay, pvp is hot as we speak, if u cant handle it noob, stay out. Are you scared?

And it's crap, I agree.

The only players that I know of that have actually stayed at forever, are complete trash players that offered nil to the betterment of hybrid.
And you are joking about the population never using potions, right?

I know you want instaswing really bad, so I insist that you go play an instaswing server to your liking. If you can find one.