UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - October 25, 2014 - True AoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
Starting tonight after server wars, we will introduce a new area of effect system that merges the two systems we've switched back and forth between over the past few years. The system mostly consists of the classic system, in which everyone, regardless of party/guild affiliation, is hit by your area of effect spells. However, this new system will not target innocent (blue) players if they are inside a guardzone, to prevent indirect criminal actions. A blue inside a guardzone would have to flag and become gray to you first, or be otherwise attackable already.

This change will be announced in the message of the day on login as well. Be aware of the change before casting AoE spells around others!

Other general changes that are being applied tonight:
  • The Hybrid Dragon is now immune to poison, and will always have red scales when carved.
  • Lowered runic kit/saw drop rates.
  • Ore elementals now always drop 25 ore again (instead of 2 when spawned in the wild).

Vlek

Sorceror
All I can say is, "Thank you". Thank you very much. Does this also include fields, EV's, and blade spirits?

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Starting tonight after server wars, we will introduce a new area of effect system that merges the two systems we've switched back and forth between over the past few years. The system mostly consists of the classic system, in which everyone, regardless of party/guild affiliation, is hit by your area of effect spells. However, this new system will not target innocent (blue) players if they are inside a guardzone, to prevent indirect criminal actions. A blue inside a guardzone would have to flag and become gray to you first, or be otherwise attackable already.

This change will be announced in the message of the day on login as well. Be aware of the change before casting AoE spells around others!

Other general changes that are being applied tonight:
  • The Hybrid Dragon is now immune to poison, and will always have red scales when carved.
  • Lowered runic kit/saw drop rates.
  • Ore elementals now always drop 25 ore again (instead of 2 when spawned in the wild).

Why dont we just turn on REAL AOE in guards too, but make pets take on the owners notoriety?

i mean are u serious? this basically caters to the reds.... wow i cant beleive this shit anyone who gave an argument why this should be changed in the poll thread was shot down by me and some other players.....

Seems like everyone who posted in the thread agreed with me and others.... this is stupid and caters to the reds. fucking stupid shit man

"this new system will not target innocent (blue) players if they are inside a guardzone, to prevent indirect criminal actions. A blue inside a guardzone would have to flag and become gray to you first, or be otherwise attackable already."

Seriously? is this a saftey net for pks or from town killing?

lmfao..... Now i figured it out! Is this because you want to keep explo potions in town? because you cant cast any of these spells in town. Basically everything that was changed was for the benefit to reds because they were getting attacked by EV/BS lol these new age cry baby trammy pks cant handle shit and think being a murder shouldnt affect your game play.

i mean you cant even cast these fucking spells in town anyways, and if your stupid enough to use them right outside of the guards, and get G wacked you deserve to die.

basically this is the only major drawback of being a red gone now.

well now Fire Fields, Poison Fields, and Para fields serve no real purpose anymore. basically made all the fucking mages farming spells wave a big flag in the air to come count them

Last edited:

Vizeroth

Sorceror
If there are two blue players and player A gets hit by player B's AOE, then attacks player B, player B should be able to legally defend himself. That would largely solve the issue of AOE being made a pointless liability for blues.

On the bright side, blue factioners will no longer be able to throw explosion potions with impunity while red factioners risk blowing up their teammates.

Teterios

Sorceror
Yes i agree vizeroth now u can run there pots into each other which in turn helps the soloist. I like this way more more power to red fuck it no one plays reds much anyone nowadays. Anti christ your crazy dude u must banksit with a blue chill out what does it matter for u anyhow?

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Yes i agree vizeroth now u can run there pots into each other which in turn helps the soloist. I like this way more more power to red fuck it no one plays reds much anyone nowadays. Anti christ your crazy dude u must banksit with a blue chill out what does it matter for u anyhow?

actually i dont, but when i state out valid points and how this makes it easier for red... Then the entire thread was people agreeing with what i had said it seems like everyone who cared enough to post was against it. Seems like Ghost just told friends to vote yes (he was only one who posted why he was for it and probably was his idea)...... Pretty much i think i won that debate.

Now if you want to get technical tet ill tell you what i am for, TRUE AOE potions (including town), MS, EQ, CL,............. ADD the feature where pets take on the notoriety of the owner. THis is the only reason this AOE bs is in right now, and this solution would take all and any problems with the old aoe.

Then Have EV,BS, poison field, Fire, and para field all be smart AOS..... its Logical and this will Give these spells a use because the only people who will use these are reds right now these are key spells to hunt with. Hell i would even like a toggle [AOE command for the Ev,bs, and field spells one for smart and one for basic aoe.

Clearly me and you agree on this according to your post. you say it gives more power to reds, and why do they need it? most of the time they are all synced with mics fighting random blues that run around w/ their heads cut off. These reds are more trammy than bank sitters sometimes :eek:

Anyways you have to think about all player types and not just one when making changes like that.

lucascyb

Sorceror
Yea these changes suck and do cater to reds. This change even sounds like it was a group of "popular kids" on the shard who made a WHOLE decision for all of us 99%. I mean FFS most people who use AOS are newbie blues who don't even log on the forums to vote and now we all get fucked.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
If you don't like the changes, how the shard is ran etc, well you can get the RunUO software and start your own server to cater to just your petty lil needs. Otherwise shut up, its FREE and you aren't really adding anything valuable just because you log in.

Honestly the only thing that made me timid about this entire idea was the fact that blues could hop pots in order to guardwhack. Kudos to staff for finding a way to circumvent that, at least from what I've read.

On the field it may be different having to be careful with your potions/AOE as a blue, but honestly it should be like that. Reds shouldn't have to worry about who their potions/AOE hits because they are red. Blues should take caution if they don't want to be murderers. Now that we are making pvp distinctions between red/blue on the field that makes players have to decide on their play style, (rather than simply noting that reds get ganked a lot more than blues), we may actually start to see more red group pvp and bring more red culture back into hybrid.

In other words, quit being bitches and learn that being a trammy blue has consequences in and of itself. Good change, Suzy.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Honestly the only thing that made me timid about this entire idea was the fact that blues could hop pots in order to guardwhack. Kudos to staff for finding a way to circumvent that, at least from what I've read.

On the field it may be different having to be careful with your potions/AOE as a blue, but honestly it should be like that. Reds shouldn't have to worry about who their potions/AOE hits because they are red. Blues should take caution if they don't want to be murderers. Now that we are making pvp distinctions between red/blue on the field that makes players have to decide on their play style, (rather than simply noting that reds get ganked a lot more than blues), we may actually start to see more red group pvp and bring more red culture back into hybrid.

In other words, quit being bitches and learn that being a trammy blue has consequences in and of itself. Good change, Suzy.
lol sad little man

SAFE POTS IN TOWN = TRAM PEts take on Notoriety of the OWNER is more like hybrids style imo

ghost got his way and thats sad im starting to see what base jumper is talking about i used to think he was silly. its true though lol

Last edited:

Valentino

Sorceror
Not really a fan of the "true AoE" -- I liked the way it was. Now all it does is encourages blues to troll faction fights and give murder counts.

Ele

Wanderer
Great changes! I've havn't had that much fun pvping in a while. So many people going grey, they've gotten lazy just casting AoE spells for so long.

Are you mentally impaired? Skill has nothing to do with what I just said. Under your idiotic system, if a person throws a potion in town, they're simply dead. How is that desirable?
Word of advice, arguing with anti.christ is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win....

And generally speaking, if you simply let him speak his mind he will beat himself in the argument.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Word of advice, arguing with anti.christ is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win....

And generally speaking, if you simply let him speak his mind he will beat himself in the argument.

some ones is butt hurt still over me proving your stupid ass nine theory to be bogus .

Sorry bro instead of speaking out of my ass like you i dotest shit out before making a claim.. :(

i still love u boom boom

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Are you mentally impaired? Skill has nothing to do with what I just said. Under your idiotic system, if a person throws a potion in town, they're simply dead. How is that desirable?

lol why would they die? I have posted a fix for the horse guard wack shit people used. In fact this fix would also help with adding a little balance to tamers.

i know one of the best alchy stun players right now agrees with me . The safe explo pots take the thrill out of it and require less field awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.