UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - June 4, 2016

This is great! Can't wait to see all the people who quit UO actually come back again! Hybrid should make adds so old players now know that the dreaded hybrid armor will be gone, im sure we will get a couple more players...... Maby the 3 players who constantly bitch and cry about it on forums will actually make a hybrid account instead of playing on UOforever?
upload_2016-6-5_12-23-23.png

it is my belief that any "econmic" issues will even out when there is a larger playerbase. More people that play the server, more transactions among players spreading wealth, and stimulating competition, which will drive down prices. There will always be wealthy players, and poor players... besides i think there are many avenues for a player to propagate a income.
that's very true that more players will affect the economy, but being able to churn out 40k regs every 90 mins per town, or 40k ingots completely destroys any sense of mining iron or buying regs from regular town vendors. If ingots weren't so abundant to the extreme that they are, perhaps bolas wouldn't be so cheap and stocked so hard.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
What is the current mindset on faction vendors? Their effects on the reg/bottle/ingot(bola) market?
We have considered lowering the maximum amount to buy from 999 to 499. After deliberation, this is not necessarily a problem. As, we are developing a resource intensive system for craftable items that will antiquate our current system.

Additionally, longer sigil timers and faction incentives will be on the docket once we feel comfortable with PvP changes.

Thank you all for the support!

I knew I didn't have complete faith in the new GM's for no reason! People thought I was crazy, like beating dead horse.. great job guys. Hope to see hybrid popping again. Seems like things are moving a bit steady now and they seem to have a nice vison, going into future updates.. love it. Can we please see an update on swamp dragon prices to retrieve? We see 0 swamp dragons during PvP, it honestly can't hurt anything putting the price to 50k? Also, thoughts on making wands-g heal wands disruptable?

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
Can we please see an update on swamp dragon prices to retrieve? Also, thoughts on making wands-g heal wands disruptable?
We will address the retrieval costs of all animals on the ranger within the next 2 weeks. The latter suggestion would make a good individual thread in the General Discussion section.

ploki

Knight
that's very true that more players will affect the economy, but being able to churn out 40k regs every 90 mins per town, or 40k ingots completely destroys any sense of mining iron or buying regs from regular town vendors. If ingots weren't so abundant to the extreme that they are, perhaps bolas wouldn't be so cheap and stocked so hard.
that must have changed, from when I used to buy/sell reagents. It used to be every 4 hours. And it was a fight to get them a lot of the time.

they should disable capture availability over night then.

i felt the best thing they could do is every 3 days, have a 12 hour window of availability to steal sigils. If after 12 hours you cant capture the sigils, then they are on cool down for another 3 days. Inside the 12 hours, make it 2-3 hours for sigil corruption, allowing there to be lots of peak battles in clutch situations. Have the 12 hour window be noon to midnight, server location time zone.

Anything else, especially with reduced sigil corruption rates, then kids will just stay at home during the work day, or play at 2 am and capture sigils when nobody is on. And since owning towns are a major thing in factions, that's really bad.

sssuuu

Knight
Can we please see an update on swamp dragon prices to retrieve? We see 0 swamp dragons during PvP, it honestly can't hurt anything putting the price to 50k? Also, thoughts on making wands-g heal wands disruptable?

Shouldn't the prices of swampys be like a 100k since it could have armor on it plus its already bonded which should be worth something. 50k is cheap on cheap. I need to sell my swampy armor damnit!

But yah 500k for a bonded swampy, not even close to worth it.

*Rides away on an emu*

Shouldn't the prices of swampys be like a 100k since it could have armor on it plus its already bonded which should be worth something. 50k is cheap on cheap. I need to sell my swampy armor damnit!

But yah 500k for a bonded swampy, not even close to worth it.

*Rides away on an emu*

beetle is like 750 gold and way more useful. I could see a pay scale going up on claiming a regular swampy vs a valorite one. The bonding issue shouldn't even be a factor considering that is the only way to claim it.

I bet your sales will soar soon as the price is adjusted. I rather use a swamp dragon than a bettle... I have plenty of stock.

Also, the main reason people don't use the swamp is because they will be stolen almost every fight. People grief way too hard on this shard to make it worth using. They know you will not claim it, and it only hinders pvp if you end up not being able to use a mount. They kill the beetle because they know how cheap it is, but swampy is just luring to grief.