UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"and geek squad can personalize it for ya"

Re: "and geek squad can personalize it for ya"

For a mere $179.95 they can do nothing that a 12yo couldn't do. Install virus protection you say? That'll be $59.99 plus tax.

Gedron

Wanderer

HAHA I used to work for Geek Squad, we had to con people into believing they couldn't do the easiest stuff in the world. Very crooked business I dont recommend anyone taking their systems there. Also half of the people there are script kitties who don't know anything about pc's.

i've worked as a small business computer technician and a staples easy technician.

big retail corporations are all about completely fucking people over. staples advertised pc tune ups for $9.99, which included a check for spyware and viruses (using company programs that hadn't been updated in about a year) we weren't supposed to remove any of it, just let them know that it was there. do a defrag and remove the dust from the computer.

now, when people brought their computers to me, i would fix whatever problem they had, make it run like new, and charge them for a $10 tune up. for a couple of reasons. to spend an hour sitting on my ass as opposed to trying to sell warranties on label makers, i had a lot of people who really liked my work and would call me out to do work for them on the side, which i could have been fired for .. but didn't care. and also because my boss was a stupid redneck who enjoyed making commission off of paying me $7.50 an hour to fix computers and the fact that i was spreading the word about the local staples doing extremely well priced work for 10 bucks, which just increased my laziness at work.

not sure why i typed all that out, but yeah, anyone can find better help than best buy's geek squad. bringing your shit to them is nothing but a waste of money

Addicted

Disciple

PC Tech is such an easy scam these days.

For the last two years, around xmas time, some friends from school and I would put ads in the papers about how we would set up your new pc for you blah blah blah...long story short, we would make $50 a pop to take a comp out of a box, plug it in and start it up. It was easy money.

orange thing

Wanderer

The last few people I knew to buy computers, I pleaded with them to not use Geek Squad's services. In fact I felt so bad for them I literally said "I'll do anything! Just don't go there!"

Typically people pay me for my help on computers. But I felt like a crook taking any money from them on those situations, so I rejected any payment and instantly felt better about being me.

For awhile I didn't think geek squad existed. Then low and behold I watch one of those beedy eyed monsters crawl to their primitive car, getting ready to ruin another life.