UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

access IRC via port 80?

fishbonz

Wanderer
access IRC via port 80?

anyone know of a way or a site that will access IRC via port 80?

Where I work they block the IRC ports and I would like to keep #demise open while I work.

I have an IIS server running at home so if it requires me running any kind of script/site there I can do that.

Also have access to an Apache/PHP server with my ISP so I can set it up there as well.

If you only want to read and don't mind if you can't type anything, there are some nice IRC logger bots that can be running from your home PC and outputting to a text file. If you have a web server running on the same PC, you can make that file accessible from the web.

Another way is to set up a Linux/*BSD/cygwin PC to listen to ssh connections on port 80, then use an ssh client at your work to connect to that PC, and from there you run a text IRC client.

Yet another way is to set up a tunnel. There is a nice chatbot called j-alice at http://j-alice.sourceforge.net/
This bot can be running from your home PC and connect to IRC. You can set it up to listen for connections on any port you want (port 80 for example), then from your work you can set up your IRC client to connect to your PC on that port as if it were an IRC server, and the bot will stop auto-replying, giving to you complete control of it. You type something and the bot says it. You will see everything as if it were a normal IRC server, with just a few limitations.
If you want to keep your web server running on port 80, then you may need to check what other ports are permitted on your work, or setup another PC for your IRC tunneling.