UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A new day and with it goals...

Ventesa

Wanderer
A new day and with it goals...

Hearth roared with its amber hues, and the flames were only apparent when a poker was instigated into it, as means to adjust the logs. Ventesa watched, shifted the ambers again, watched, and shifted it again.

“That seems to be as close as I can get it..,” she told herself; a clear statement that would meant for preparing the hearth in order to cook.

It had been a long week filled with adventure and this day was marked to cook cookies and prepare for the holiday. No venturing outside her humble home –least so she thought? As Ventesa checked the spice crate; most of the things needed to bake were not within it. She could only conclude in disappointment that perchance Lezet took some of those things with her to the new home. So, the next best thing was to head to the bank and get money to by products at the market.

The ride to the yew bank was not a tedious task. Only a bit frustrating because the houses were spawning everywhere; making it more dangerous to turn every corner were a thief or orc, creature to capture her and cause a serious issue. Lucky today Ventesa was able to cross the lands without being attacked, something that is rare – let that be known.

When arriving at the Yew bank the lines was not as crowded to the teller; the usual outsiders, locals gathered about chatting of their slaughtering, speaking to counter-parts sweet nothings. Ventesa stood patiently allowing her sea-eyes to glance here and there; noticing in view a board outwardly identifying recruits for the Royal Council of Britannia. Before she could further investigate the parchment posted, a man that had literally been robbed of his clothing, wounds that were severed came into the bank. His steady ride was that around her before speaking to a teller to open his bank.

Ventesa listened to him agonizing curse. “ I need regs….”

“I have regs,” she didn’t know him but felt empathy to his condition.

“Oh, I found them” he replied.

“That’s good to hear.” She remarked. Ventesa seem happy to learn he found his recall material so that he could not be stranded in lands that may not be his own. She finished shifting about in her bags and then closed it and handed it back to the teller. Turning about she found herself side-glancing over to the stranger who seem to be struggling. Finally out of some spur of need she came up to him and helped the stranger adjust his bag so he wouldn’t wince so much when it was anchored on the injured arm.

He began to explain to Ventesa his name was Faust. An out of her generosity Faust offered to have her come to a tavern and indulge in a dinner. Naturally she was inclined to return home and continue to finish cooking; but it would be nice to least have some decent conversations. Why? Because, since Lezet has been gone the house has been entirely lonely; so, nervously she agreed.

Through a portal they did travel (Faust and Ventesa) and they came to the other side to a very busy tavern. Ventesa took a seat, and in the beginning took liberties to turn her head away while Faust spoke with an acquaintance who was giving him new fresh wound bandages, and cloths. She was a woman of noble stature and to see him undressed would not be dignified and scandalous. But he did his dressing in public and this was something she had not been used to. There was a moment she almost thought to leave.

Finally, the two men came to the table and formalities passed back and forth. There was a lot to learn of Faust, he for a long time eluded his stature in rank. Clearly Ventesa could understand that; men of his strengths tend to pick up woman who want only money, and be associated with another in power. However, he recognized that Ventesa was not that sort and did not treat her ill-mindedly. Of course, being anew he was blunt, needed to learn about her.

Faust was definitely a man of war and not something Ventesa could be of any use to him. She was a woman of political diplomacy; so you could only imagine how much those made the evening seem a bit awkward for both parties. Though, she did not leave him unsatisfied; indeed she threw out bait to romantically dominating side and offered bit of information that satiated his nature.

“I have a warrior sister name Lezet” Ventesa smiled perfectly innocent.

Oh, this indeed piqued his interest and all the questions floored left to right. Ventesa was happy to gear his nature. Faust was a very attractive man –but he and Ventesa would not be a good mixture; and would certainly bore him with that aristocratic nature. Well, that was her speculations.

The evening ended soon and Faust was kind to teleport her back home. He was persistent even when they came back to the house. Ventesa liked the attention but knew better to maintain a good level of the evening and not to fall into infatuations. She believed that he was a bit blunt because he did drink a lot at dinner time?
_______

After Faust left the hour was late and she didn’t feel very up to cooking. It so happen through the window a bird flew in and took liberties to perch itself on her arm. Ventesa gently picked up the bird and placed it on her table. She noticed that it was pecking at a piece of artifact on its ankle.

“Strange, what is this?” Right feminine eye brow arose in question and it was a missive made specifically for sparrow courier. The missive was unlatched and open up.

“Hail, my name is Antos K’Odin, Captain of the House of Wisp within the royal Council of Britannia. “ The letter opened up to remark, it seems that Ventesa had received a cordial invitation to the royal Council village. The same place not to long before meeting Faust she saw a piece of parchment nailed to the bank wall stating it was looking for recruitment.
This was exceedingly turning out to be one beneficial day? Ventesa took no time to saddle her horse and take advantage in the travels to the location were the Royal Council Village built north of Vesper. The ride was shorten by mere magical portals but more appreciatively Ventesa always did enjoy Vespers country side. So filled with new homes that were there last time she had ridden through the dirt roads.

Several patrons were asked to locate the buildings and when she did all was silent. The grand stature that stood erected was taken in with a single breath in appreciation.

“What a fine village,” Ventesa said to herself. Most importantly her eyes light up with viewing the Library. Some books were scattered and she didn’t wish to disturb them cause they might be on the floor some reason. Carefully, she picked up a few and looked through them.

Some books gave insight to the very understanding what the Royal Council represented. This continued to bring infatuations to the young Dreylock. Hour came and gone and still no one had returned to this pleasant place. It brought sadness to Ventesa, but by chance she was able to leave a words at the building an application of interest to their facility. How she wanted to be part of something to utilize her talents, personality and assistance.

The application was tied to one of the recruiter’s chairs in hopes they would see it and take a gander over her traits. Before night fell Ventesa rode home in order to elude any dangerous things that go pump in the night.

------- to be continued ----

DirtyJerkins

Wanderer
Re: A new day and with it goals...

At work and totally OOC.

It's Dystandius.
Hey you. Was nice to interact with ya'. Sorry that the RP was blemished by the murderous beat-downs dealt out by the Bridgeburners. Alot of us are regaining the PvP skills we lost over our three year absence; as they rapidly return we're anxious to put them to good use.

I realized that the Bridgeburner's barracks wasn't quite suitble for an RP environment so I purchased a less-chaotic abode 2 screens from the Yew guard line. Hit me up on AIM so I can give ya' a rune.

And good choice joining up with RcB. As far as I can tell, they're the best match you're going to find for your writing. Most of them seem like solid RP'ers. Best humans I've seen yet.

See ya' around in game.