UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Mining Experience

A Mining Experience

Journal of Edmund Ironarm... excerpt

Today's mining expedition proved to be one of the most unproductive to date...

Geared with my Sturdy Pickaxes and Prospecting tools, I made my way to the mines surrounding Covetous. From past experience these mines have provided me with an abundance of ores. While very little monsters or threats are known in the area, it still holds the possibility of danger from denizens in the area.

With many seasons of experience mining, I found it very odd that during this particular expedition, I was able to mine nothing more than Bronze ore. Even the most coveted gold was not to be found within the stone I prospected.

Could it be that the mines of Britannia grow dry of their riches? Even in the local smithies, the prices for precious metals are rising. If this is true, then it can only bring sad times in the future. Many smiths use the rare metals to enhance and create weapons as well as armor that can be much more powerful than if made from just iron.

Another small discovery was these strange gems I would discover in an ore vein. It is still unknown what properties or use the gems will have but perhaps my collegue from the Library in Britain will be able to give me news on these gems soon. Since the appearance of the gems, it seems that it was since this time, that the more coveted metals began to become even more difficult to find.

I have spoken with the Minoc Mining Co-operative and traveled to Cove to hear of any news. But alas no news can be found on this subject and leaves my future business of smithing in question...

I have orders from the Smithy in Nujel'm and fear I may not be able to fill all of the shadow and dull copper armors they require for the guards stationed there. So my next task will be to travel to other lands and areas more remote to prospect the stone that has been waiting, untouched by pickaxe or shovel, to see if this theory is affecting our lands on a grander scale.

Edmund Ironarm,
Legendary Smith

Hawken

Wanderer
Re: A Mining Experience

A similar thing happened to me the other day. I mined along an entire mountain range and the only ores I got were Iron, Shadow and Gold. I thought it was a little weird that those were the only three ores I was finding. I did not find any of these strange gems you speak of.

Re: A Mining Experience

the Mines of Minoc always hold true go there and a great treasure awaits you. ( or instant death by an army of ore ele's spawned by n00bs who subsiquently got pwned in the face by a walking piece of rock and metal.There not that hard to kill and they drop 25 ore=50 ingots of what ever ore the ele was made of)