UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

a hunters guide?

WarStoke

Wanderer
a hunters guide?

hi all im fairlyl new to uo... well i take that back i used to be a GM on zulu shard back in the day i was the big purple deamon bone armor wearin punisher who hounded macroer who macro'ed out side of macro hours lol
but this was over a year ago and even then all i knew was a few commands and not much else about uo

but now i got a chance to sit down and actualy play the game and i looked around for a guide of what to kill and when cause right now with my necro the most i can kill is a troll and he cost me more money to kkill in reagents (from summon familure and poison and pain strike) than i usualy get off of him
now skels arnt bad cause i can set my fam loose in a grave yard and pick up loot once every thing is dead not much loot but its enough to cover reagents and to put a lil away

now back on old zulu on the forum somoene had a list of what beast to kill in order of difficulty based on template and their locations

i was wondering if someone could create a hunters guide here to help poor noobs like me who are just about lost and stuck trying to kill etins and trolls and dieing way too often to be healthy if ya catch my drift

(and whats with the suddenly nolonger being young when you reach 450 skill there should be a warning i hit that while attacking an etin andsuddenly 5 of them aruond me went hostile i had to run like a mad to save my preciouse gold armored backside)

Okie.... (1st off, try spacing out your paragraphs...)
If you are dying too often, you need to train up your char first,

It can be done in a guild...(guild members whacking each other with training weaps and healing when necessary. until you GM)

or from fighting monsters (d'oh)

and frankly, I don't think there will be a "one size fit all" guide, since well, even with the same template, connection speed and player skills makes a difference, (lagging in the middle of something or inability to plan an escape route....etc)

But yeah, look on Stratics, and fight monsters about your weapon skill level...

Also, if you are planning on fighting ettins/ogres only, their dmg is 100% physical, get yourself a 70 physical suit...(Exceptional DC plate do nicely...)

that way you take way less dmg....(you will be surpised the difference btwn a 50s suit and a 70s suits.)

But the best way to max weapon skills is still doing it in a guild, and train healing at the same time.(if warrior, if your are a mage/necro/pally, all you really need is to find an LRC (Lower Reagant Cost) suit to GM those skills...)

hmm, I hope someone more awake can help ya with this.

WarStoke

Wanderer
well my pally char wears a full gold chain and ringmail out fit and my necro a full spined out fit
my necro im changing over to a necro archer cause a necro macer is a bit of a pain in the buttocks

(woot i managed to kill a fire elemental got lucky and poison / pain/ strangle actualy worked)

qweazdak

Wanderer
you need a high resist suit to stand up against the big baddies. if you want easy gold, go to the solen hives. theyre easy, some drop 200gp a pop, and some of them drop items that other players need like pet summoning ball, bag of sending (quest item), and zoogi. use your spells wisely, thats all i can say.

Arsenal

Wanderer
Try using a mirc server

Use the server on mirc "irc.runuo.com" or "aos.runuo.com" and use the channel #demise or #br, if you played on zulu´s hotel shard u must be a brasilian player, use the #br channel and talk to us, if u find me online chat me and ill help u =]

WarStoke

Wanderer
no im an american lol dont speak any portugees either i played on zulu (it was zulu hotel ) because a friend of mine i helped beta test an online game with asked me to
iv been a cop or punisher or something on say about 30 diff games and uo is one of the hardest to manage people on

in hostile space it was easy if someone macro'd they were dead just used /life 0 and clicked on the macroer and they were back in the newb zone
in uo people have realy complicated scripts and such
(hostile space is about like uo in space ships)