UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Guide to Remove Trap

WaRgAzM

Knight
A Guide to Remove Trap

A Guide to Skill Gain​
Remove Trap​

By. Testament​

Summary : The Skill Remove Trap is commonly used by factioners. The purpose of this skill is to remove faction traps that could deal a great amount of harm to any unfriendly unit that passes over them. Successfully finding and removing a faction trap will also reward you in silver pieces. The skill can also be used for treasure chests. There may also be various locked/trapped boxes in the land of Britania. But let us focus.

In the beginning : Remove Trap cannot be a starting skill considering you need a minimum of 50 Lock Picking and 50 Detect Hidden. These should be your starting skills. Your starting stats will not affect your Remove Trap gains so use them as your template suggests. (Although leave about 35 str, so you may wear plate gloves)

After starting your character with the skills above, I’d suggest locking all skills except Remove Trap. Grab about 300gp and head to Britain West Bank to mingle with the NPC Thief Guildmaster, his name is Vandoren. (If it doesn’t change) Buy the Remove Trap skill from him. He is standing just south of the Brit Bank doors.

Your Box Mule : A second character is a marvel in this skill. Remove trap is like lock picking, as far as the ranged gain. (For example. If you have 50 remove trap, you can gain of boxes trapped by someone with 50 tinkering) I would recommend starting this character with 30 Tinkering,50 Carpentry, 20 (whatever), and 60 str. The only skills you need to make your little trapped boxes and the strength to carry the wood/ingots and such.

Here is a list of some items you will need in order to GM:

(Results Vary! This is an estimation of what you will need.)

Wood x160
Ingots x1600
Cross Bow Bolts x450
Keg(s) lesser explosion x1.5
Empty Bottles x200
Tinker Tools (baffling you don’t get them with tinkering skill)
Plate Gloves

Getting Started : I will list the order of events to try to make things a little easier for you.
Step 1 - On your box mule, create 16 small boxes. (Keep those pesky keys)
After creating the boxes go ahead and organize 15 of the boxes into the spare box. I’d recommend a key ring as well for the keys.

Step 2 - Once your boxes are created and organized, begin trapping the boxes.
I suggest dart trap to begin. It requires 1 Cross Bow Bolt and 1 Iron Ingot.
Note : I know it is a pain to trap them all with only 30 tinkering. Your skill will raise and so will your success chance. Hang in there!

Step 3 - After all of your chests are trapped, use your assembled key ring and lock all of your trapped boxed to enable your trap. (Unlocking the box will dis-able the trap rendering it safe to open)
Note : disabling will not destroy the trap. Simply re-lock the box to re-activate your trap

Note : Before your thief begins removing traps. Equip his plate gloves. They will make bulky hands, which adds difficulty. A lower success chance makes for more use of your boxes.

Step 4 - After locking (enabling) all of your trapped boxed. Hand the box over to your remove trap thief and have him begin using the remove trap skill on the boxes. There is a 9 second delay so just bear with it. After all of the boxes have been disarmed, unlock them then hand the box back over to your box mule to have him re-trap them for you. And repeat the process.

Note : If your thief reaches skill in increments of 10, finish the rest of your boxes. And make sure your box mule’s tinkering skills is at the same skill for further gains. As for tinker gains refer to a tinker skill gain guide or.
30-50 froe — 50-80 lockpicks — and if you want, get on your current gm tinker to get from 90-gm remove trap.

Step 5 - The gains thus far have been pretty common, just time consuming. Your gains will slow down at about 85 on dart traps. So I suggest having your box mule begin creating explosion traps for the remainder of your training. Explosion traps require 1 iron ingot and 1 purple potion, and they consume the bottle.
Note : the potency of your purple pot does not affect skill gain, this is why I chose lesser explosion potions. They are very easy to make, and are cheap. 1 keg = 300 ash.

Step 6 - One you hit 90 remove trap and begin un-trapping gm tinker trapped boxes. Your gains will soar. Gains will vary, but I have gotten from 90 to 97 off of one set of traps. After you gm remove trap. Always remember to congratulate yourself with a victory failure. (Ending yourself)

Step 7 - Axe one of your traps. And good luck to you. Thank you for reading this guide. I hope it has helped you.

Helpful Hints :
1. You are better off using your current GM Tinker at 90 remove trap.
2. To make it a little easier to keep track on which box you are on (and a little easier on the eyes) try using two colors on every other box.
Example : R=red B=blue. RBRBRBRB.
3. Remember that the explosion traps use bottles as well. Keep stocked.
4. NEVER ever use your key ring on itself. Your keys will go everywhere.

Final Comments :
This is my first guide and I’d like to thank anyone who reads this. I chose to make it considering I have never been able to find one. And I am really hoping it helps all of you. In making this guide I created two new chars just so I was able to try to explain the step by step. If anyone has any questions, comments, opinions, corrections, Please let me know here on the forums. Or aim me at Testament WKD. Thanks again and good luck.

darma536

Wanderer
Re: A Guide to Remove Trap

thanks man great job. and btw, nice to see you here wargazm. its like napa all over again