UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Drunken Bard no more

gorunuo

Sorceror
Entry 1,639 - Another day spent wandering the woods outside of Trinsic. No signs of life for most of the day except for a few small animals. They, much like in the rest of this land, have lost all fear of humans. No signs of hunters or other rangers... I am beginning to give up hope... all I seem to find are holes in the ground that stink of Sulphur. I'll never understand the local’s obsession with handling purple balls. I happened upon a ragged old man in the evening, sitting against some rocks at the mouth of a river strumming the air where strings use to be on an old broken harp. He was talking to himself staring intently at a smoldering horn laying at his feet. I watched him from a distance for a short time, something was odd about him. Between attempts at drowning himself in a bottle of ale and bouts of laughter that could only come from the insane I could barely make out his words. My curiosity drew me closer. I couldn't make out much... he seemed to be talking about a room with no doors and summoning flame to do his bidding. Nonsense... returning the horns of fallen brothers to gain favor at the appointed time. Ale is very creative indeed, I could see myself drunk high in a tree mumbling about cross dressing men chasing me through the woods juggling purple balls in an attempt to fondle my corpse. Then something unexpected, in an instant he seemed like a completely different man. He whispered that he was a fool for thinking he could control a fire fiend, that he was responsible for all the innocents consumed by flame as the fiend cleansed the lands of the blood clan. Now that got my attention. I noticed the absence of the blood clan orcs during my time North in the woods of Yew, but I have never seen or heard of a fire fiend. I pride myself in knowing what walks every corner of this land and it has been decades since I found anything I wasn't already extremely familiar with. I had to know more, so I decided to question the bard. I hadn't noticed that he had picked up the horn, he held the broken tip to his lips and the base to his chest. That did not look right, I stepped out of the tree line and our eyes met briefly. I began to call to the bard, before I could get a word out I heard what sounded like a roaring fire and flame engulfed him leaving nothing but ash. What a shame... nothing to do now but begin the hunt. I'll have to find a tavern that bards frequent, seems like the proper place to start.