UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Brief History of Ultima Online

ben_kapitan

Sorceror
I just happen to log into the forums for the first time in months and had totally forgotten this. To answer the question (asked almost 4 years ago, heh) as to where I compiled this information from, it's all from doing web searches and the gumps were from using InsideUo.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
I just happen to log into the forums for the first time in months and had totally forgotten this. To answer the question (asked almost 4 years ago, heh) as to where I compiled this information from, it's all from doing web searches and the gumps were from using InsideUo.

Welcome back ;)

If you are looking to come back to the game I can give you all the stock you need to get started again. I wasn't around back then, but I bet having you back in the scene would be nothing more than a great thing.

ben_kapitan

Sorceror
If you are looking to come back to the game I can give you all the stock you need to get started again. I wasn't around back then, but I bet having you back in the scene would be nothing more than a great thing.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! As much as I'd love to come back I am once again spending the summer in Afghanistan and hardly have the time (or internet connection) for such things until this winter.

Malchir

Traveler

The old Terathan fort. The big ships have been taken out of the game later, as they caused too much trouble when moved and replaced by today's boating system. Note the water transparency near the shore...
/// LOL, that's not a Terathan fort, it's a mock up screen shot of a non-existent anything and Terathan's didn't exist until T2A, this is an OSI fake screenshot from 1996. Terathan's/T2A didn't happen until 1998.

A battle in the wheat field.
/// LOL, not even close!

August 9 1997 (shortly after midnight): While one spectator ponders British and Blackthorn's invincibility, another proclaims "HE DIED". You can see the corpse just behind the raised portcullis in the lower left.
/// LOL, Another? It was Mental aka Mental4, the dude that took this screenshot! (And yes I was there, you weren't).

Some people hoarded many old prize tickets which were given out on special holidays and could not be cashed. They obviously decided to decorate the northern bridge of Britain with rainbow colors.

/// LOL, those aren't cashable tickets, never were (Yes I happened to be here too), These are 1999 Valentine's Day Cards, these aren't Hoarded cards, this decorating took place ON V-DAY, players logged into every account they had and you could steal these too, and decorated for fun, each V-DAY set had 5 cards, so 5 cards per char, 25 per account = a lot. I decorated the small island near Delucia with these cards only to have em decay of course, didn't care, but they are worth a few bucks, well, were before the game went down the toilet.

Guess anybody can grab some screenshots and plop down some crap description, I was there but don't have the time to dedicate to the history of a videogame, the history of real life is more important.