UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

1 Faction Player per IP logged in?

1 Factioner per IP?

• Yes

Votes: 120 59.7%
  • No

Votes: 81 40.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salty

Wanderer
Re: 1 Faction Player per IP logged in?

I play at the same IP as my brother....so how would that work out?

Reuip

Wanderer

I think that there are too many potential cons. For instance, I don't see anything wrong with using multiple faction characters, as long as they are all from the same faction.

I think that if we made it so that You can only have one faction allegiance per IP(kind of like your account being allied towards a specific faction) that would solve the problems of people multi-clienting multiple faction characters, getting points from their own characters, etc. Also, this would allow for problems like more than one person playing from the same household to disappear, with the exception of them wanting to be in warring factions.

Woody III

Wanderer

1 faction char per ip is good for everything aside from the people who play off of 1 ip with 2 or more ppl.but i 100% back this idea. someone mentioned being able to res yourself and your pets from factions, you have 7 skills for a reason tbh, if it were made to be easy you would have 8 skills for vet =P so therefore it will cutdown on alot of crap that makes this shard one step further away from how OSI was...

bballerjess

Wanderer

I see something completely wrong with this. Maybe if you mean 1 faction player per IP address that the character was created on, but me and my best friend ONLY play on Network and we wanna faction. If we can't both play on my IP then we will never faction and we will be extremely disappointed.

Dont forget about brothers who play and people who netwrok. We aren't cheaters but we multi-client on one IP.

foofoo

Sorceror

Reuip said:
I think that there are too many potential cons. For instance, I don't see anything wrong with using multiple faction characters, as long as they are all from the same faction.

I think that if we made it so that You can only have one faction allegiance per IP(kind of like your account being allied towards a specific faction) that would solve the problems of people multi-clienting multiple faction characters, getting points from their own characters, etc. Also, this would allow for problems like more than one person playing from the same household to disappear, with the exception of them wanting to be in warring factions.

Quoted For Truth I really really reaaaaaally like this idea.

toXiC-

Wanderer

I dont like this idea, since my brother and I plays on the same ip.

Which means one of us can only be online pvping at a time :/

bballerjess

Wanderer

make it so there is faction allegiance associated with IPs. Would that help anthing? Just don't make it one faction char per IP. I would [e cry irl.

HappyDragon

Wanderer

i vote no coz there are multiple players in my house hold and we all share an internet connection thus having the same IP.

selo

Wanderer

In theory it works, but like communism, in practice it fails to deliever.

Vanin

Wanderer

HappyDragon said:
i vote no coz there are multiple players in my house hold and we all share an internet connection thus having the same IP.

I love how when something like this is brought up everyone and there mother have ppl using the same ip. I am sure some are telling the truth but almost half the post are ppl saying they have family memebers and such on the same ip. Sounds fishey to me. I vote yes though, and if ppl can prove there is more then 1 person in the household that plays thats fine. But they need to REALLY prove it. I have 5 pcs hooked up to a network here, i could easily say my family plays and i need all 5 to be able to connect.

I dunno, id just hate to see some ppl still abuse it. Either way its worth a shot.

Siccx

Wanderer

Is there any plans on enforcing this idea of 1 ip per faction?

I think its a great idea to fix factions and rejuvenate the pvp we once enjoyed participating in.

bandaid

Wanderer

I simply vote no since both me and my brother play together. I simply cant see any of the pros being stronger then this. However the idea of having one faction per IP is a great idea. This and having the quit time being longer, I think would greatly improve faction loyalty.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

Just a suggestion to add onto this.

You're allowed 2 characters logged into the same faction off one IP, with this one character MUST be a mule character, they are able to be declared as a faction merchant, ie. blacksmith, tailor. the other character is whatever you want it to be, this way people can res their horses and be happy :p

Ryan said:
Just want to get an idea how the playerbase feels on this:

Idea:

You should only be permitted to have one faction character logged in at a time based on IP.

Pro's:

Cut's down on gimpness of having 4 characters logged in to do your bidding/spying.

Con's:

Screws people who play from one central location

Note: at no time did I say I was going to do this, it's just something thats been brought up from time to time.

Thoughts?
agreed, I voted no personally because the only time I have various characters joined in factions is for the purpose of using multiple templates, one day I might feel up to being a stun alchy mage, the next an archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.