UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Whammy guide by Tanya

Tanya

Traveler
  1. Introduction
  2. Creating your Whammy
  3. Template and training skills
  4. Gearing your Whammy
  5. Weapons
  6. Macros/Hotkeys section
  7. Spells
  8. Tips and Tricks
  9. Usefull links

1. Introduction

Hello everybody and welcome to my guide. I started to play about a year ago, and I always liked to play dexxer more than a tamer or a mage. My goal was to create a strong warrior-dexxer, that will be able to do everything in PvM: soloing Champion Spawns, Peerless, Doom, ML named monsters. Now I think I achieved this goal, and want to help new players.
After I posted my videos and guides how I hunt Dread Horn, Paroxysmus and others, I got lots of private messages. People were asking almost same questions: what is better, parry or resist, about my gear, my template, my macros and some tips for beginners. These and other questions I'll try to answer in this guide.
I will try also to give more practical information and less theory.

The Whammy class is very strong in PvM and cheap to create. But also it is weak in PvP. Now after my character is pretty much finished, I will be developing my tamer, and crafting perfect PvM weapons and armors.

2. Creating your Whammy

If you already created your whammy as elf, but still not used powerscrolls, I recommend to delete it and create a new character as human. If you have already 120 skills and don't want to start again from the beginning, you can make a Human Heritage Quest and become human. As Whammy-Human you will be better then Whammy-Elf not only in Doom, but everywhere.

3. Template and skills

What is better, resist or parry?

While playing this game, I found that it is impossible to create only 1 template and be good with it everywhere. I am using soulstones a lot, I have now 7 soulstones with different skills, also some skills are stored in another characters on the same account.

Basic template is this:

120 weapon skill
120 bushido
100 magic resist
120 tactics
120 parry
70 chivalry
70 spirit speak

And I have stored following skills: anatomy, archery, fencing, mace, swords, necro, spellweaving, ninja, carto, lockpick, mining, hiding, poisoning, stealth, music, discordance.

2 skills that you can replace are magic resist and parry. I use resist only if monsters can cast mana drain (example undead spawn), in other situations you can replace resist with anatomy.

For training skills there is this topic: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/386871/
Most difficult part is probably to train bushido after 100. I used for that a tamer with 2 gamans: attack with them whammy and set up macro for healing them, and whammy doing momentum strike. Takes not much time to get to 120.

4. Gearing your Whammy

Here are good news: you don't need to waste a lot of money for gear. Most expensive parts are mace & shield glasses, CC and legs of bane. Some people using totem instead, but I don't like it :p (I used also Jackal's Collar, but now changed it for a crafted gorget). Other parts can be HRSK crafted. Weapon can be 3 mods, also not a problem to find. What is difficult to get, are good rings and bracelets.

5. Weapons

Minimal requirement for a weapon for Whammy: must have stamina leech. I am trying to avoid weapons without stamina leech. Here is example of how this template works: lets take simple 2 mods weapon, scorpion slayer + stamina leech and test it on miasma (note that weapon has no mana leech and no life leech).

This is because when you are in wraith form, you can leech mana from every hit, and leech life from curse weapon spell (50% of the damage you make, you get back as life).

For new players I recommend a Soul Seeker - nice and cheap weapon.

Here are more examples of my weapons:

It is also not required to be always in wraith form. Wraith form more used for single target, but when I play spawns, I ride my swamp dragon (The armor blocks 20% of damage). I cast wraith form spell and curse weapon spell from scrolls.

6. Macros/Hotkeys section

I use very simple macro: the idea is when I am in wraith form, I use special moves of the weapon: double strikes or armor ignore. Mana leech from wraith form helps too. And when on spawn, the macro will attack closest enemy with whirlwind.
I am not so good in UO Steam, so you can probably make a better macros then this :)

Code:
if buffexists 'Blood Oath'
  usetype! 0x2fd8
pause 1500
endif
if not buffexists 'Curse Weapon'
  usetype! 0x2263 //cast from scroll
  pause 1000
endif
if not buffexists 'Consecrate Weapon'
  cast 'Consecrate Weapon'
  pause 1000
endif
setability 'primary' on
getenemy 'criminal' 'enemy' 'grey' 'murderer' 'closest'
attack 'enemy'

For everything else I have a hot key.
If you have a problem casting curse weapon and consecrate, read this topic: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/560058/
For Counter Attack this topic: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/577480/

7. Spells

Most important spell is Curse Weapon, and my macro does it as first check. As human you can cast it from scrolls. In case it fails, I have a hot key for it.

Second important spell is Enemy of One - used if you fight only one type of monsters. Need to be carefull with it, because when on, other types will hit you harder.

Consecrate Weapon - this is also very usefull spell, I use it for 1x1 and spawns. (also not always, for example Dread Horn has low phys. resist, and if my weapon is 100% phys damage, then no need to use.

Lightning Strike: good when you fight a single target, and have low HCI. Because Lightning Strike gives you max HCI anyways.

Divine fury: I am trying always to have weapon with stamina leech and be on max swing without divine fury. But if I see that I loose stamina, I cast it. It gives more hci, di, and all stamina back.

8. Tips and Tricks.

- Use of soulstones is very helpful.
- Can transfer skills to another character on the same account.
- Perfection and Honor a target creature.
- Honor self: the ability to move peacefully among aggressive monsters, up to 5 min on max level.
- ssi calculator - http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase - use it for finding optimal dexterity for every weapon
- Oft no need to have all resists 70, that allows to create cheap suits.
- Try to have 40+ HCI, and DCI is not so important, can be around 20.
- Peerless dificulty: Travesty (most easy) < Paroxysmus < Dread Horn.
- Don't hunt Travesty with a weapon that has armor ignore. She makes a copy of you and will hit really hard.

9. Usefull links.

Other usefull links with more information about Whammy:

- Soloing Dread Horn
- Paroxysmus, Travesty and Putrefier
- PVM dexxer thread by royal kapero2
- another guide about Whammy
- Bedlam spawn
- Minotaurs spawn

Good luck!
Feel free to comment and ask any questions.

Last edited:

jaasso

Knight
double axes can be nice for 1v1 too, you can get max swing speed with 25 or 30 ssi and combining double strike with bushido's counter attack with infinite mana can do quite a bit of dmg, especially on things with some low resist, i think youll have to use divine fury for max swing speed though

Artenios

Traveler
What version of UOSteam do you use?
This doesnt work, it keep casting over and over...
cast 'Consecrate Weapon'
pause 1000
endif

On the middle of the topic there is an answer.

And Why human? I undestand why on doom part, but you didnt elaborate much else on that...
Edit: So you can cast from scrolls...

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight

Tanya

Traveler
double axes can be nice for 1v1 too, you can get max swing speed with 25 or 30 ssi and combining double strike with bushido's counter attack with infinite mana can do quite a bit of dmg, especially on things with some low resist, i think youll have to use divine fury for max swing speed though
I will add later a section about double axes. This is probably best PvM weapon for this class, but very expensive to craft and need also a better armor for it - like good BRSK armor. Also there are Turquoise rings that give +5 ssi, but they are also expensive and hard to get such a ring with both DI and HCI.
What version of UOSteam do you use?
This doesnt work, it keep casting over and over...
cast 'Consecrate Weapon'
pause 1000
endif

On the middle of the topic there is an answer.

And Why human? I undestand why on doom part, but you didnt elaborate much else on that...
Edit: So you can cast from scrolls...
Yes, I was trying to be short and not to go into too much details on each topic)))
But yes, Humans have Jack of all Trades: 20 minumum level in all skills, increased carrying capacity (60 more stones) and +2hpr.
Elves have +20 more mana and +5 resistances, but this will not help. (for mana increase just use armor with +mana and +lmc). Also elves can use armor that gives DI and HCI, but this will also not help much.

jaasso

Knight
some hits on miasma, i have 100 anatomy instead of resist spells here and no di from items other than 40 from weapon, using arachnid slayer double axe. in wraith you can possibly chain double strike endlessly, especially if you have hld and good enough gear to have enough mana and lmc which i dont

dblstrike.jpg crit.jpg

Artenios

Traveler
@Tanya
How many scrolls do you carry? My math says with that template 30 minutes of that script is 85 Curse wep scrolls, on champ spaws you use a different weapon?

Tanya

Traveler
@Tanya
How many scrolls do you carry? My math says with that template 30 minutes of that script is 85 Curse wep scrolls, on champ spaws you use a different weapon?
I carry around 100-150 scrolls usually, it also depends how much spirit speak you have.
Some people have 120 ss, and then you cast not so often (30s at 100 SS, 36s at 120 SS)
So on 120 ss you will need only 50 scrolls in 30 min, but if run 120 ss must take some points from tactics or parry or another skill,
what is also ok on spawns I guess.
I use right now the black staff (mana/stam/area) I posted here, but always looking to buy/craft slayers for champs)))

Poquin

Sorceror
@Tanya First of all, thanks for the great guide!

Which weapon would you recommend for a fencer whammy?

I spent all my money and burned a few bronze hammers trying to get a decent Leafblade or a Double Bladed Staff but managed to get NONE with both HSL and SSI, and they seem too slow unless I get arround 150+ stam. On the other hand Kryss have low dps but they are pretty fast with low stam, do you think they can make a viable option even with the low damage?

Another question, I'm a fencer only because I got the +20 scroll for free, do you think it's worth to stone it and use a +15 mace/swords instead?

Thanks in advance!

Tanya

Traveler
@Tanya First of all, thanks for the great guide!

Which weapon would you recommend for a fencer whammy?

I spent all my money and burned a few bronze hammers trying to get a decent Leafblade or a Double Bladed Staff but managed to get NONE with both HSL and SSI, and they seem too slow unless I get arround 150+ stam. On the other hand Kryss have low dps but they are pretty fast with low stam, do you think they can make a viable option even with the low damage?
Thanks!
Good weapon for fencer is Magekiller Leafblade, it comes always with at least 16 mana leech. Kryss can be good in some situations, but has too low dps to use it as primary weapon... also there are no good fencing weapon with whirlwind attack and good dps (kama has too low damage).
@Tanya
Another question, I'm a fencer only because I got the +20 scroll for free, do you think it's worth to stone it and use a +15 mace/swords instead?
Yes, sure. Take +15 mace, because it's more easy to find/craft quarter staffs and black staffs then other weapons, and you never have problems with SSI (use ash wood for crafting to get always SSI on it).

Shallan

Sorceror
i would go personally with 110 tact and 110 anatomy = more dps.
u can always soul stone it and bring back 120 tact and 100 SR if needed.
as for parry im going with 90 :)