UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Paroxysmus and Travesty Solo

Tanya

Traveler
There are a lot of topics and articles about a Sampire and the Necro Mage Tamer, but not much about Whammy and Peerless Bosses.
I saw only Assasin template for a Dread Horn.
So here is another template, can be usefull for Paroxysmus and Travesty:

With this template takes me 12-15 min to solo Paroxysmus (depends on the weapon) and about ~10 min for Travesty.

This is old video, a new one (with a Double Axe and Leafblade) in the end of this topic.

So my skills in the video are like this:
120 mace
120 bushido
115 anatomy
110 tactics
110 parry
60 chivalry
75 spirit speak

(can be 120 tact and parry, I just wanted to add more spirit speak, to not cast curse weapon so often)

I changed my character a few days ago back to human, in all my old videos I was elf :p

The weapon I found really nice for a Whammy is this one:
It has 100% fire damage, I don't need to cast Consecrate Weapon every 10 sec, if the target already has low fire resist.

One reason why I am using wraith form - because my weapon has no mana leech. Also when in wraith form, and you use weapon with mana leech, you can do better special moves of the weapon - double strikes and armor ignore, because you leech more mana.

Armor and weapons:

Mace & Shield glasses (HLD) - must have I think
HLA on weapon - not must, but nice to have
Stamina leech - MUST have
ssi (max swing) - MUST have
hit life leech/hit spell - not must, but nice to have
Leggins of bane - I am wearing them to have max hci for champs, I think maybe can use Heart of the Lion/Violet Courage instead, to get more dci.

If you are using weapons like Leafblade and D-Axe, MUST have 45 HCI for specials: armor ignore and double strike.

In this case, if you are using black staffs, no need much HCI, because you will use every hit Lightning Strike, http://www.uoguide.com/Lightning_Strike - it gives you already max HCI.

Also when you hit every time with Lightning Strike, you have a good chance to make a Critical Hit: http://www.uoguide.com/Critical_Hit - this makes +-same damage like armor ignore, maybe a bit less, not sure about this.

DCI - good to have between 20 and 30 DCI. In this case you will not get negative dci when cast divine fury, and will be more chance for a successfull Counter Attack.

Counter Attack spell - try always to cast this spell!

DI - more DI, more damage, more life leech (you leech 50% life from curse weapon), so with a good and quick weapon you will survive there also without feint special move.

Well, thats pretty much all about Paroxysmus I want to say, maybe forgot something.
If you see any mistakes, or have more suggestions/ideas, post them here.
One more Tip: try to keep max honor points, and before you enter, use one point on yourself - three other creatures and Paroxysmus himself will not attack you all together.

Good Luck!
Happy farming CCs, regs, and Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragons! ;)

UPDATE: Apr 06, 2016 - farming keys from Putrefier:

For Putri I am using quarter staff, I show it at 3:58 in the video.
Same template like for Dread Horn: anatomy change to resist, and change stats.
Also tested this quarter staff on Parox, and it works there good too - faster then black staff because of double strike.

First time trying out a Double Axe against Parox:

First time trying out a Leafblade against Parox:

Last edited:

Tanya

Traveler
Travesty:

If not sure what weapon choose for Travesty... I think all weapons with special move double strike are good choice:
Quarter staff, double bladed staff, daisho, double axe.

For example, a weapon like this:

Takes about 9 min to solo Travesty

If you have any questions/more tips about soloing Peerless, post them here))
Good luck :)

Last edited:

Oof

Sorceror
I did not get so far to solo paroxysmus, but after some time was successful in hunting The Putrefier.
This weapon:
upload_2016-6-19_22-11-35.png

Skills:
  • Spirit Speak 100
  • Mace 115
  • Anatomy 107.5
  • Bushido 97.5
  • Tactics 100
  • Chivalry 100
  • Parrying 100

Stats are 131 / 90 / 45

I use Enemy of One and Lightning Strike constantly, then alter between Curse Weapon (via scroll) and Divine Fury as needed to keep Life and Stamina up.

The surprising thing was that it is mostly stand and fight instead of hit and run, which was what I did with sampire setup.
Also, previously I used one large script for everything, composed of 6 actions. While these worked well on monsters like ancient wyrms, balrons, miasma and the like, they got in each other's way when fighting The Putrefier.