UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvP Templates

What kind of character do you prefer to use in PvP ?

• Mage

Votes: 47 50.0%
  • Dexxer

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Archer

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • I don't PvP

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters

Blame

Knight
Are you tired of everybody being a necro-mage or 5-hotkeys archer/dexxer ?

Would you like to have more competitive/reliable opponents/allies that aren't just one of the many ganking useless nerds ?

Well, let's help those people and show them some more fun/creative/usefull templates besides the ones that everyone uses since this server started. We have so many options now with all the new items implemented so why would YOU stick to those overused/boring templates.

I will start and share some of my characters templates; maybe someone will like them. :)
Here is the first template I would like to share :) :

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alchemy Mage Weaver

This is the most favourite template I currently play. It has both good survival and high damage output if the combo is done right.​

Skills :
120 Magery
(105 + 10 from scrappers and 5 from alchemy talisman)
120 EvalInt
120 ResistSpells
120 Wrestling
100 Spellweaving
100 Alchemy
55 Meditation

Stats :
120 Strenght
15 Dexterity
125 Inteligence

Optimal mods to have on your suit :

50% ENHANCE POTIONS

40% Lower Mana Cost
10+ Mana Regeneration
25 Hit Point Increase
45%+ Defense Chance Increase
20%+ Hit Chance Increase
70/75+/70/75+/70​

Other mods you might find usefull :

Mana Increase/Intelligence Bonus
Strenght Bonus
Hit Point Regeneration​

Gear I use :

Folded Steel Reading Glasses (15% DCI)
Gladiator's Collar
Rune Beetle Carapace
Scrappers Compendium (+10 mage, 2 MR)
Sash
Quiver of Infinity
Fey Leggins
Crimson Cincture
Treatise on Alchemy talisman
LMC/2MR/Resists Sleeves + Gloves
2/6 jewelery set with EP/HCI/DCI​

I find LRC useless on this char as I want to get mods mentioned above as high as possible.​

alchemy.jpg

How to play this template?

With the Alchemy + EP your heal potion will heal you up to 45 so you don't have to heal so much in 1x1 and use more damaging spells, also when you get ganked you can use gift of renewal/attunement and you are almost invicible. Add an arcane empowerment when mass ganked and they won't be able to kill you.

The point of this template is to trap your target(s) into a Greater Conflagation Potion while the target(s) is already somewhat damaged. Best ways to use conflag potion are :

1. Make them run after you and drop the potion in small places (between houses, walls, bridges).
2. Explosion -> curse/fireball/lightning -> explosion -> parablow (before the 2nd explosion makes damage) -> drop conflag potion on yourself (while standing next to the target; block the enemy if possible) -> energy bolt -> small spells.
3. Ressing - drop conflag on deceased body so others can't loot it.
4. RKing - drop conflag on deceased body so the person can't loot his belongins. Works best when person is going to res by Gift of Life.
5. Getting ganked + dismounted - drop the potion at right time to disrupt your enemies and then remount.

Items you want to carry in your backpack :

ATLEAST...

20 heal potions
25 cure potions
20 refresh potions
5 agility potions
5 strenght potions
10 conflag potions
10 explosion potions
invis potions ? - didn't try those yet
2 enhanced apples
a pouch -> use magic trap on it and double click when paralyzed
100+ each reagent (if you are not LRC of course :) )
1 bola ball

Use restock agent to be back in field as fast as possible. :)

restock.jpg

Shield sc0 10+/10+ Hci/Dci
HoM/Talkeesh
to get more mana when low

2x Pet ball
(one for pet your ride, one for stabled one - I use nightmare and swampie and I find Energy Vortex sometimes usefull).​

Runebook with 'hot' runes
(places where you want to get fast to help your guildies like 'Yew xroads' when the ally is ganked long distance from Britain MG, etc.) Don't forget recalls as you don't have LRC. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope somebody will find this usefull, I will update it when I will have something more in mind about this template and also I will add more of templates I use(d).

Others are also more than welcome to share THEIR TEMPLATES. :)

Thank you for reading and have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

kobra89pl

Sorceror
Corpse skin, insar can be very helpful with your conflag potion.

120 wrestling
100 alchemy
115 magery
120 eval
120 rs / 120 parry
60 medit
50 necro
50 ss

Kurupted

Squire
invis pots are strong, no cast time, and can be used every couple of secs. u can cast exp, then invis pot, and drop the exp and never break inv or any spell for this matter. kinda op never see people utilize tho.

Indika

Sorceror
I made a really fun template a few months ago... Ninja Stealth Mage:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Ninja
100 Inscription
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
80 Meditation

This is how I ran it at least... The first few things you might notice about the template is no weapon skill. I used a Mage Weapon with this build personally. My weapon is SC-0, 22 Mage Weapon, 11 Hit Chance Increase.

You probably also notice lack of Resisting Spells. It can be interchanged with inscription, and possibly Meditation. Between pouches and smoke bombs, animal form, stealth in general... I never really needed Resist on the open field. Paralyze fields suck but you can either teleport or Magic Arrow yourself across them. (Or even shadow jump hehe.)

My suit was very basic(in one way or another). I'm sure certain items can be substituted, keep in mind I ran a Mage Weapon + Crystalline, but:

Spirit of the Totem
Glad's Collar
AoF
Sash
Inquisitor's Resolution
Orny
Crystalline Ring
Totem of the Void (interchange with Cu Sidhe Talisman for Stealth Bandage*)

With crafted Legs and Arms. I have 36 HCI with this build for Death Strikes which is very useful. And I also have 15% SDI with Inscription so my spells also hurt. Let's not forget Fukiya Darts :D

Death Strike will always do 40 + the hit. I have considered running a hit spell Mage Weapon, but I think I prefer the HCI.

Despite having no Resisting Spells, the character has a lot of survivability.

*I set macros to swap my talisman into Cu Sidhe form. If you have bandages in your backpack, you will bandage yourself. This works in Stealth.

I also swap Bracelet of Health, and I already have a lot of HPR on my suit:
CC + Crystalline + 4 on suit = 11 + 10 from bracelet of health = 21 HPR.

In stealth, that is very relevant especially when paired with the Cu Sidhe form talisman because you can regen your hit points back very quickly.

My suggestion if you do not have access to Inquisitor's Resolution would be to run 120 Wrestling and drop 100 Inscription and 20 Med.

Overall, I think Ninja Mage could still be very relevant if played correctly. It has DP, Death Strike, awesome survivability, great addition to group fights, and can be very versatile depending on your items.

Necrodog

Page
100 Alchemy
100 Resisting Spells
120 Magery

1/3 Brace and ring with as much EP and HCI as you can get.

Carry 200 Explosion pots with you, get a little bit of LMC and MR, and then E-Field people in and laugh as you kill them with 320 skill points.

Seriously, that's all it takes... :/

Blame

Knight
My suggestion if you do not have access to Inquisitor's Resolution would be to run 120 Wrestling and drop 100 Inscription and 20 Med.
100 Magery + 15 scrappers and EP talisman
120 EvalInt
120 Ninja
120 Wrestling
100 Alchemy
100 Hiding
60 Stealth

Conflag potion works nice with DS and fukiya darts. Using Totem, Glads Collar, scrappers for sdi, LMC, mr & skillpts and 1/3s with HCI DCI and EP. :)