UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New to shard. Build help please?

RickTheBrick

Traveler
Hey everyone.

Just started playing here a couple of days ago and was wondering if you could help me deciding on a pvm build.

I've started a character and was thinking:

Magery 100 (+scroll later on)
Necromancy 100 (+scroll later on ?)
Meditation 100
Spirit Speak 100
Music 100
Provo or Peacemaking 100
Resist 100

Is this a good, solid build, or can I change it up to be more effective? Should I put in spell weaving for music? Do I need Eval to go along with my magery?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated :)

Also, how do I get my "young player" gift?

ramax99

Knight
forget music and provo/peace, yes you need eval int to make decent damage with spells. spellweaving is a good choice, but if its your first char, i would recommend you necro tamer. doesnt require good gear, can solo most mobs, easy to play

RickTheBrick

Traveler
I'll probably go with a necro/tamer as my second pvm build. Right now, I just want to jump into some dungeons and start killing things on my own hehe.

So forget music, and go with spellweaving, huh? What skill goes with spellweaving to make it more effective?

RickTheBrick

Traveler
well I was lucky enough to run into a really nice guy, and he ended up giving me a 100% LRC suit. Is that the gear you're referring to? If not, what gear, so I can save it up when I find it?

ramax99

Knight
As a first pvm char I would choose the one that would be able to kill mobs almost without gear. So it's either archer or necro tamer.

Celes

Sorceror
nah, to be a really effective spellweaver you will need 4/6 + decent SDI while maintaining resists

ramax99

Knight
Spellweaving doesn't require lrc, you need 4/6 casting to use it at full power. Spellweaving is mostly good for nature's furys, as they can tank for you. Or just use necro tamer and let your pet tank for you.

j_monroy

Squire
well I was lucky enough to run into a really nice guy, and he ended up giving me a 100% LRC suit. Is that the gear you're referring to? If not, what gear, so I can save it up when I find it?

Unfortunately, a spellweaver needs 4/6 casting to be effective. This includes either both 1/3 jewels, an arcane shield, and a mage weapon with faster casting, or an orny with 1/3 jewel and arcane shield (can replace any of the last two with a mage weapon with faster casting).

I would recommend to do a necro mage tamer (taming, lore, vet, eval, magery, necro, spirit speak) using a bloodwood spirit, tome of lost knowledge, and midnight bracers for the extra 50 skill points early on. Once you get the right gear (jewels and items mentioned above), you can take off vet and replace it with spellweaving (since you can use gift of life on a pet). This is the gear I have and I would consider myself very successful for the amount of time I've been here. I would do doom runs and idocs whenever possible, and maybe farm blood elementals, ancient liches, and miasmas once possible :).

If you need someone to fight with at times, shoot me a pm :). Can't say I'm the best or anywhere close, but I know what I'm doing for the most part.

hickman48

Knight
nah, to be a really effective spellweaver you will need 4/6 + decent SDI while maintaining resists
No you dont thats for a spawnwer who needs to spam thunder storm with arcane empowerment being active now giving you 38% sdi with a lvl 6 focus + attument and gift of renewal or gift of life.

Magery 100 (+scroll later on)
Necromancy 100 (+scroll later on ?)
Meditation 100
Spirit Speak 100
Music 100
Provo or Peacemaking 100
Resist 100

You template it all over the place to much going on need to make it a bit more simple i think this is the best template for single target mage dps right now

96 sw use this for gift of life for self rez gift of renewal to heal yourself and attunement if your summons are gone. Arcane empowerment < keep this up 100% of the time for more sdi and better heals, also you can use furrys or instantly summon 5 feys or imps for tanks.
100 inscription -10% sdi
100 magery -110 if you dont want to fail gate if your solo dont need to worry about 120 magery since you wont use the summons from magery or rez other people.
105 necro corpse skin and use wrath form and strangle or poison strike if target has lower poison resist than fire resist.
100 spirtspeak
100-120 eval to max magery spells base damage

This leaves you at 79 skill points for anatomy for defensive wrestling

Once you get a suit for this shooting for max sdi 12 on ring and breclet + 10 on midnight bracers + 12 on kasa + 9% on a slayer spell book/ or 15% on tolk

With the suit and template you will hit 103% sdi with a crafted spell book(slayer will let you do 2x dmg) 109% with a tolk iv played around with this and its fun as hell killing white wyrms with just corps and explo fs, the only way to get more damage is to play with someone who has disco and a rune beetle.

As for everyone saying you have to have 4/6 prob also the same ppl who say i need to have a lrc suit to pvp

4/6 lets you cast the spells faster but only really effective if you are wanting to spam sw spells as for most of the ones iv listed they have a long up time or long cool down so no spamming them.

RickTheBrick

Traveler
Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Seems like a lot of work to start up a spellweaver, but that's fine by me. I guess I can change some things around and go with the Necro/Tamer template for the time being. I appreciate the help.

And j_monroy, that sounds awesome. I'll take you up on that, probably after Christmas. Gives me a little time to raise my skills a little more so I'm not out there being completely worthless lol

hickman48

Knight
Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Seems like a lot of work to start up a spellweaver, but that's fine by me. I guess I can change some things around and go with the Necro/Tamer template for the time being. I appreciate the help.

And j_monroy, that sounds awesome. I'll take you up on that, probably after Christmas. Gives me a little time to raise my skills a little more so I'm not out there being completely worthless lol

If you need scrolls let me know what ones you need if i don have 115's im sure iv got 10's for you to start out with.

RickTheBrick

Traveler
Cool thanks man. Once I use a scroll on a certain skill, can it be lowered later if I decide to use a scroll for another? Or can I just use scrolls on all my GM skills? Not really sure how it all works...

j_monroy

Squire

Sounds good. Even if you just want to fight around and start making gold, lemme know.

I agree with hickman, but you might have trouble at first. I would have your wrestling as high as possible. I recently soul stoned my eval on my mage for 100 wrestling, and it was amazing! With 30 dci, I was barely getting hit. Unfortunately, I had to use poison blast for single monster damage. However, it could work. :) (I tried this on my necro mage tamer)

hickman48

Knight
Sounds good. Even if you just want to fight around and start making gold, lemme know.

I agree with hickman, but you might have trouble at first. I would have your wrestling as high as possible. I recently soul stoned my eval on my mage for 100 wrestling, and it was amazing! With 30 dci, I was barely getting hit. Unfortunately, I had to use poison blast for single monster damage. However, it could work. :) (I tried this on my necro mage tamer)

Anatomy + eval + 20 / 2 = wrestling without para blow or disarm why i told him to put anatomy in there.

hickman48

Knight
Anatomy plus eval + 20 /2? Can you explain when you get a chance? :) merry xmas hickman!
Defensive Ability

When combined with Anatomy, these two skills can be used to replace Wrestling or other melee skills for defense. Anatomy and Evaluate Intelligence need to add up to 220 to have the equivalent of 120 melee defensive ability. The result of the following formula is capped at 120, so having 120 in both skills does not give a greater benefit.
  • Formula: ( Evaluating Intelligence + Anatomy + 20 ) / 2