UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

IMPORTANT: regarding insurance autorenew.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Earlier today, a member of the community provided an observation he made regarding auto-renew insurance becoming disabled unexpectedly. So far, we have managed to reproduce his observation one time.

Before anyone starts down this road, it does not appear to be a bug with RunUO at all. Rather, it seems like the client may be inappropriately sending a packet under certain circumstances. Without dragging out a mess of conditions that may or may not all be true yet, one thing seems certain.

If you attempt to logon Demise (or any other RunUO shard for that matter), and can not log into the game without closing and restarting your game client, the FIRST thing you need to do when you logon is make certain that you have auto-renew enabled.

Staff will not be replacing items lost this way, so make sure it is enabled. The above condition is the one thing that seems to be a common factor. When we have more info, we will provide it. If anyone does catch this happening, please PM me or email me, and provide all the info you can. This seems to be a client-related problem, and something we will not be able to fix. However, we would still want to make sure, so let us know if it happens.

Again, nothing will be getting replaced or retrieved; it is up to you to check and make sure you are auto-renewing insurance.

Woohoo! That's about enough for me to wet my pants... Here I am at a champ spawn (Sleeping Dragon) farming seeds... and this pops up! >.<" Thanks for the heads up X.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I wonder.. Is there a way to force auto renew to always be active server side?

Sure there is, there are a lot of ways to do that. But, that's just not going to happen. Some players do intentionally use it unset, and it would be a pretty dramatic change from OSI's system for insurance. Just take into consideration, really new players who dont always have the gold to feed to insurance every time they die.

Blesh Terra

Sorceror
Sure there is, there are a lot of ways to do that. But, that's just not going to happen. Some players do intentionally use it unset, and it would be a pretty dramatic change from OSI's system for insurance. Just take into consideration, really new players who dont always have the gold to feed to insurance every time they die.

Yeah I see your point, just a thought ;)

IF and this is a big IF sir, that your able to reproduce this, your gonna cause a nerdgasm that will resound through Sosaria, and affect so many people. Even i have fallen victim to this, as much as we all play the "it was your own damn fault, you did this wrong, **** off" card, including myself, id like to believe that i wouldnt have lost my items like that.

I hope to hear results from future progress on the subject.

Xavier

Account Terminated
IF and this is a big IF sir, that your able to reproduce this, your gonna cause a nerdgasm that will resound through Sosaria, and affect so many people. Even i have fallen victim to this, as much as we all play the "it was your own damn fault, you did this wrong, **** off" card, including myself, id like to believe that i wouldnt have lost my items like that.

I hope to hear results from future progress on the subject.

There are definitely ways to do this to yourself. One of my suspects is an accidental context menu click, with a running macro / script that mashes buttons when a gump opens. That's a likely cause, yet no one has ever responded with anything but "no" when Ive suggested this. Instead a lot of people want to blame the most unlikely/impossible cause - the RunUO code - because they want their stuff back.

People are going to say, what people are going to say, and unfortunately this is not really something we can fix. Some portion of players who lose stuff, even if they knew exactly what it was that caused it, will still blame it on the server hoping we get their stuff back.

For this and other reasons, it is pretty much on the player to make sure its enabled. Until someone proves the server does this randomly and unbeknown to the player, there is nothing we can fix or do about it. People have looked and looked and never found a code cause for this. Its simple. Point at you, click the menu option - if a gump opens cancel it. This would be incredibly easy to even make a macro to check.

I know what I'm likely to hear, and unfortunately what I will have to say, every time I answer one of these pages. I dont want to tell anyone they are just beat for their stuff, I really dont. So if getting people to check for one of the possible causes stops even 1 person from losing stuff, its worth it, at least to me.

RickRoss

Wanderer
The problem is not server side.
If it would be server side it would happend more often or in the same
Situation. Right now it is random and everyone that it happended to
Were all doing different things.
Hopefully as staff or whoever is testing this out will let us know the cause.

Blesh Terra

Sorceror
There are definitely ways to do this to yourself. One of my suspects is an accidental context menu click, with a running macro / script that mashes buttons when a gump opens. That's a likely cause, yet no one has ever responded with anything but "no" when Ive suggested this. Instead a lot of people want to blame the most unlikely/impossible cause - the RunUO code - because they want their stuff back.

I'm willing to bet 95% of the time it's this. People need to realize when they use scripts meant for OSI they have more stuff on the click self gump and your script can hit the wrong thing.

Yaz

Squire
I'm willing to bet 95% of the time it's this. People need to realize when they use scripts meant for OSI they have more stuff on the click self gump and your script can hit the wrong thing.

It's definitely not the issue ....