UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

suitUO in Excel

Barnicoat

Knight
Hi all,

I know some of you already use Excel to put suits together, but I also hear of even more people who struggle with trying to put together a suit with the mods they are looking for.

So I made this Excel Spreadsheet and I call it suitUO (everything needs a fancy name, right? :p)

Features:

~ All 19 Equipment slots with relevant stats/mods/properties boxes to fill in
~ Totals at the bottom for each stat/mod/property
~ Caps for stats/mods/properties
~ "Still Required" boxes for each stat/mod/property
~ HP/STAM/MANA calculations based on STR/DEX/INT and item bonuses/increases

And the patented "Runic Piece Average Mod Calc", which will calculate the average mods required, taking into consideration how many empty runic armour slots you have, in order to reach the stat/mod/property caps.

Obviously, the only feature there that might be new to some of you is the last one. Took awhile to figure out, but it's a very useful tool.

There's a whooooole lot more you could do with it, but Excel isn't really the right program. Maybe we'll get around to a Java-based version one day :)

Feel free to check them out if you want to and do whatever you like to it. It's not revolutionary, but I put a bit of effort into it, so hopefully it's useful to some of you :D

Comments/Suggestions/Flames? Please post below :) Also, if anyone needs a quick guide on how to use it, just ask.

Anyway, here are the download links.

suitUO Blank Template

suitUO Example Template

And a blank screenshot for the curious...

Barnicoat

Knight
Gotta figure this out in Java or something. So many features and stuff I'd like to add, but Excel is gonna get too messy if much more is added.

It even makes me angry that I have to scroll the excel spreadsheet across due to my absurdly small moniter :p

...will look into it further.

Barnicoat

Knight
I was thinking about adding preset items in with constant known stats (eg arties), hopefully I can get the ball rolling on a real nice java version so all this stuff can be implemented efficiently and cleanly.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
hey Ben =P i tried to download your file but i couldnt cause my work computer totally blows. i was going to edit it to show that you could easily add pre-set items using "if" functions in excell. for example:

Create a new spreadsheet, In Collumn B put abrev for arties (HOM,HOI, ect), In Any fields you want filled in put this function
=IF(A1=B1,"x",IF(A1=B2,"y",IF(A1=B3,"z",0)))
Which will check slot A1 to match collumn B.
Now enter a Abrev into A1 that matches one in B and the values will change
simply change the A1=B1 crap to the spots you use and the "x", "y" crap to desired values. This will give a value of 0 if no if condition is met.

Using this method you could add a list at the bottom with abrvs for arties HOM HOI Tal Kasa ect, And add a collumn inwhich you put the abrv of the artie you have and it fills in all the stats

i think adding another Row for this would be best, i tried to add a collumn with artie or runic that you fill in but it required an If, And, Or Statement and i couldnt get it to give me the values i wanted. i'll keep trying...

Maybe someone can help me im trying to convert "if A1=B1 and C1=D1 give X, or, if A1=B1 and C1=D2 give Y, or, if A1=B1 and C1=D3 give Z" into an excell function but im having trouble.
the idea is you set A1 to Arty or Runic and C1 to the abrev in D to get dif values for each abrev. so far no luck.

Barnicoat

Knight
Hello Sir (don't call me that in public! the feds will catch on, then I'll get busted again)

It makes sense, and I think it would work. I've been a bit distracted from this by other stuff (work stuff). But I think my wife could get it working pretty quickly... she's better than me at it tbh :p

It would makeit a lot easier to use if it could be added cleanly.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
Well the 1st Way i mentioned would be kinda clean, add another row for Helm(arty), with a spot to put HOM, Kasa ect and include the new row in your auto sums. same for chest legs ect.

I actually got the 2nd formula about 75% done, all that is left to figure is how to make it not say False when i select Runic instead of arty and have it read 0 (or better let u eneter values) if 1st condition a=b isnt met

Heres the setup:
B1=a
B2=r
D1=HOM
D2=HOI
D3=Kasa
A1= a or r
C1= HOM or HOI or Kasa

Paiste into E1
=IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D1),10,IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D2),20,IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D3),30)))

**edit** finished it was actually very easy.
=IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D1),10,IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D2),20,IF(AND(A1=B1,C1=D3),30,0)))
if any statement is false a value of 0 will be entered

now if you change C1 the value in E1 changes, but if you select R instead of A in A1 it will read False.
I think this 2nd way would be best to cleanly use without having to double the armor rows by adding a row for each slot for arties. but it is going to take alot of tweaking to get it right. like i said its about 75% done. if you have any other ideas how we could impliment this in excell let me know and ill see if i can get something working

Barnicoat

Knight
Sounds pretty good man. I'm at work at the moment, and by the time I get home you'll probably be done with it :p

If I ever get around to a java-or-something version of it, this is all good stuff/ideas that would be transferred over anyway.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
im just messing around on a slow day at work myself. Gimmi some ideas of how you would like it and ill work on it when i have time.

Im working on another way it could work but im having trouble.
a row of arties with a space for a "x" if u have it and depending on what arties get X's Various other boxes get filled in with specific values.

Anyone know how to obtain multiple outputs in multiple cells from a single input?
i need something like "if A1=x the B1=1, C1=2, D1=3" ect. if anyone knows how to do this it would help me alot as im learning as i go.

Barnicoat

Knight
Hmmm. If you're interested in the average runic mod calc thing and how that works, then unhide the column after the last item property, if you haven't already. There seems to always be an interesting way to do things.

Problem is, I'm very conscious of things getting messy. The whole thing looks quite nice on my work monitor... but at home it's nasty :p If it's just another column or something it wouldn't make it any worse though.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
totally got something for you.
You all ready have a slot for "set item name". if you type "Crown of Tal'Keesh" in the spot for head slot it will fill in each of the attributes that item gives. it works flawlessly as far as i've been trying it.
its going take a little work to complete for all artifacts. but you go through each box and paiste
"=IF(B5="Hat of the magi","a",IF(B5="Crown of Tal'keesh","b",IF(B5="Helm of Insight","c"," ")))"
Replace with the "a,b,c" with actual values. I tested it with INT bonus and all 3 of those arties are 8 so i switched to letters to be able to notice if it changes when i change B5.
If no name Matches it will leave the box empty " " untill u enter a value, which erases the formula.
Then all you need is a note saying Use Exact names or something.

If anyone could spare me a little data entry and make a list of every Artifact and its atributes. Even if it isnt in excell, just something i can look at and get values without having to google each one. I Can get this done in no time.

Barnicoat

Knight
I can make one up pretty quick if you want.Won't be home for another 6 hours or so though.

If so, you want them grouped by slot?

Pegasus321

Sorceror
yes please that would make it easier, even just a selling thread HOM=int8,MR4,sdi10 0/9/8/20/20 (or w/e) list is good enough for me

MB

Knight
Here's a similar one I threw together today with some additional calculators thrown in. There are tabs where you can input the different pieces you own and then select the slots from the drop downs on the main page. I added all the common arties already. I will probably expand the calculations later.

Attachments

• Suit Calculator.rar
    32.4 KB · Views: 46