UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Solo Spawn - The lesser used Whammy

Gilly

Sorceror
Thanks to FE for Sampire post ( my bible for a while), I have followed it for a while now.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/soloing-spawns-on-a-sampire-a-definitive-guide-by-feersum-endjinn.479944/page-5#post-3787280

I have been mucking around with some alternatives mainly for Whammy though as I have been having a fair amount of success with this template.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
80+ Tactics
40 Necro
80+ Resist
100 SS
60+ Chivalry

Advantages

Wraith form
  • Main Advantage I find is being able to walk freely through monsters (fel), allowing for easier bunching up for WW attack.
  • Guaranteed Mana leech with a successful strike, not just 50% at best from weapon.
  • Along with the the Form leaching Mana comes the advantage of not being forced to use a weapon with Mana leech!
  • +15 Phys resist ( -5% fire - 5% energy Boohoo) I will talk later about the advantage of for using protection
Curse Weapon
  • Curse Weapon will last for approx 30 seconds with GM ss
  • 50% leech of damage ( vs 20% from vamp form)
  • No need for Life Leech on your weapon
Weapon
  • So the perfect axe for this char would be
Slayer
HSL HAS TO BE 40 % +
SSI
Ideally HLD ( makes a HUGE difference *may even mean you can sacrifice some HCI)

A weapon such as this is way more achievable to craft/buy. I say more but yes its still pretty hard :(

Disadvantages

No Use of Swamp dragon
  • Is great for absorbing a bit of Melee damage, although death on this char usually occurs in the form of 14 flamestrikes.
  • although is anoying to have to re- bard when armour falls off
  • and res when you die
Forgeting Curse Weapon
  • when Curse Weapon finishes it makes an annoyingly faint sound. And if your weapon has no LL your in trouble with T4 mobs.
  • Curse weapon has loss of karma :(
Loss of Stamina Regen Mana Regen
  • Vamp form gives 10 SR ( and 2 MR) :(

Method:

Curse Weapon ( yes you will need Pig iron on you 200-300 for entire champ, and your resser)
Attack closest grey +WW on a razor loop
Spirit Speak ( if there is only one monster around and you have low health)
Protection active
  • I have been trialling Protection with success.
  • The only, perhaps major, disadvantage is that your Resist gets fucked :( it still leaves some resist to counter loss of Stats. Jury is still out on this. With use of Slayer weapon is dropping tact down further to get 120 resist and having +jewels an option. Not sure. I have actually been using this char with 100 necro and 0 (20) resist with great success. Although Stats take a thumping.
  • But!!! no spells will get interrupted so you can spam counter attack without an issue (fcr6 is amazing for this, although fc doesnt seem to make a difference(yes with protection switched off ;) )). And Consecrate/evade/divine/curse Weapon can be cast freely.
  • And in Wraith form I find even when mana drained it only takes one hit to get back enough mana to cast WW again.
  • And you wont need to have FC1 on your jewels
  • Wraith form will counter the -15 phys from protection :)
  • If Protection is not your thing. +15 phys resist is great if used with Magic Reflect (soulstone needed for this) +10 all elemental resists, -25 phys, as an extra 10 % phys is a little easier to come up with.
Things I m trying to do/add
  • I'm in two minds about tactics, is it a waste when used purely for DI as it doesn't add a great deal of damage?. Trying to think about adding something else or bumping another skill up further, possibly SS ( tiny bit more mana regen, more heal)
  • I'm trying to see if having both Tact and Anat (both at GM) will be worth it for the bonus to evade. In the evasion.cs is states that it will add an extra second to evade ( last for 7 seconds). Therefore you will be in evasion 7 out of ever 20 seconds of time, great to hit this at the start of a T4 mob bashing
  • * 16-40% bonus w/o tactics/anatomy * 42-50% bonus w/ GM+ bushido and GM tactics/anatomy **** This doesn't read that clearly to me. Is there an advantage to having both GM anat and Tact? Or is it having either Gm Tact or Gm Anat. 42-50% sounds a lot better that 16-40% :)

tonyex

Sorceror
I have a similar char but using fencing instead.
I think that wammy is more powerful in dealing 1on1 against mobs.
At least 1vs1 a skele dragon is not a big deal for me even i dont use any slayer (since i dont know which slayer works XDD)
for fighting a spawn, i think wammy is much weaker since you always have to cast curse weapon but when you are being surrounded by mobs, fail in casting always happen and this may fuck you up badly.

Gilly

Sorceror
i think wammy is much weaker since you always have to cast curse weapon but when you are being surrounded by mobs, fail in casting always happen and this may fuck you up badly.
Hence why I use protection

With Afk Scroll crafting being legal again you might want to consider casting from scrolls and saving yourself some skill points in a cramped template. Seeing how you could make more than you could ever use at spawns in a single night while you sleep.

Gilly

Sorceror
With Afk Scroll crafting being legal again you might want to consider casting from scrolls and saving yourself some skill points in a cramped template. Seeing how you could make more than you could ever use at spawns in a single night while you sleep.
Wow nice, didn't think about this! Hello 40 skill points!

Ty for the guide I'd love to try it out. Do u have trouble getting raided without the use of a mount?

The way I feel about getting raided is shit happens and there will always be another champ. But if Im attacked I will use honor and then try use mobs to defend me and SS. This works great once the champ has popped.

Wow nice, didn't think about this! Hello 40 skill points!

The way I feel about getting raided is shit happens and there will always be another champ. But if Im attacked I will use honor and then try use mobs to defend me and SS. This works great once the champ has popped.

We once raided Anenomine or whatever at Rikktor. 1 guy,Wiped out 8 PK's WHILE killing Rikktor, and walked out with the scrolls while we left our corpses to rot.

It can be done if you know what your doing.

jaasso

Knight
this in my opinion is the most efficient way to use a whammy

human

120 parrying
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
65 chivalry
95 resist spells
100 spirit speak

120+ hp
160+ stamina
~50 mana

captain john's hat
armor: hpi, mi, si, resists
fc 2, dci 20+, hci 45

wraith form & curse weapon scrolls

first two tiers (or more accordingly) on a mount with a di, hit area, hml, ssi 25+ double axe

quite easy to get slayers with hsl. also one axe with di, hld, hsl, ssi 25+, maybe one with hit area instead of hld

Tanya

Traveler
UP

Because lately were many questions in forum and in skype about whammy.
This is nice guide, i've tryed both templates and both work great on spawns.

Tanya

Traveler
Soloing Paragon Succubus with whammy:

I have in this video:
120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 parry
75 chivalry
40 necro
115 spirit speak
I've forgot to change parry to magic resist for succubus, but it still worked fine.

Tanya

Traveler
Christmas Town - Undead Spawn (Whammy template but not wraith form)
In this video my template is like this:
elf
120 swords
120 bushido
120 tactics
115 resisting spells
75 chivalry
40 necro
115 spirit speak
But I found now that human can be better then elf, so I changed already my character back to human :)

Last edited:

Tanya

Traveler
sorry i dont see you as a wraith.... whammy nope.....
It's same template, just not in wraith form.
If you want wraith form, it was in my previous post - there I had a weapon without mana leech.
Here i am using a weapon with mana leech - no need wraith form :)

Tanya

Traveler
Posting here to get updates/replies.
Updates :p
Human character is much better then elf! Not only in Doom, but in general everywhere.
Soloed so far: Travesty, Paroxysmus, Dread Horn, Yamadon, Doom Gauntlet and Bedlam spawn.

My current template:
  • Mace fighting (Swords in soulstone)
  • Parry
  • Bushido
  • Tactics
  • Anatomy
  • Chivalry
  • Spirit speak
  • Resisting spells in soulstone
Sometimes need to change anatomy with resisting spells, or parry with resisting spells.

Tanya

Traveler
I don't understand how you could have been vampire with 40 necro.
I thought what he was saying was about leeching life from curse weapon - "vampire"... Yeah with 40 necro can not have Vampiric Embrace.
Also you can see in video: no "vampiric face", was leeching life only from curse weapon.
Anyways... curse weapon gives 50% life leech while Vampiric Embrace only 20% :p

Last edited: