UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Animosity/wootbeer's 4/6 dexxer template

Animosity/wootbeer's 4/6 dexxer template

120 swords
90 tactics
120 ninja
105 chiv
115 resist
100 poisoning
70 spellweaving

the stats really depend on ur cleavers ssi. I run just enough stam so i can have max swing when cursed.

the template and stats are only a small part of how to play this template truely successful much like any template really.

Ill break it down and slowly add to it when im bored.

Weapons: U have to be rdy for everything so playing with only one weapons is just dumb. I always carried atleast 5 different weapons with me. and for this template fireball for all but ur stun weapon is best. one of the weapons need mana leech to quickly get full off random spawn,It will keep u in fights longer/get u back into the fights after a death.

Cleaver - bleed + nox + holy light(and maybe pixies) = crazy disrupt on any caster. bleed is nice becuase if all the ticks go off it does about the same amount of damage as an ai with a lot more disrupts, and also prevents a dexxer from healing since the bandage will only stop the bleeding, 8 seconds(4 to stop the bleeding 4 more for the next heal) is a long time.

Butcher knife - disarm and nox is a situational weapon that works wonders against bushido/parry dexxers and pretty much anyone that uses weapons but dont use it as a crutch like many of the disarm spammers. But i guess u could be lame as hell against archers non stop running archers.

Bone harvester - stun and mortal strike, this is made for ganking and has a lot of uses. Stun + bola is a fun ganking combo for those pesky runners. You could get creative and stun, ds, dart, mortal when he goes to cure.

ubws Hammer pick - I didnt use it that often but it sure came in handy those times i did. Mostly in team fights when the target didnt wanna move right away. mortal, ds, ai. And its one of the only weapons that i was able to pull 35 damage ais with only 90 tactics and only di from the weapon. its also good to kill ppl that have a few healers helping them.

ubws club - becuase its the fastest one handed dismount weapons. another weapons that didnt see much action but was really nice when i did need it.

ubws mace - is always nice to have too.

Items:the difference between a smart dexxer and a dumb dexxer heavily depends on the items they have.

Bolas - dismounting in ganks is extremely useful and u should always have a few on you, with scav on to pick them up.

Pots - Pretty much all of them, str gives u a little more damage and 10 more hp, Agi is to help increase ur swing rate for some of the slower weapons, heal can be used after u pop a pouch or get stunned, cure is useful when ur against a dart spammer and u dont wanna waist ur mana, stam is good for when ur against necros or macers when u dont wanna take the -def pen for using divine fury.

magic trapped pouch - yes i know it does heavy damage but its better then getting ep para ganked/efielded. U can cast magic trap with scrolls 100% of the time. it for sure saved my life a ton of times.

Scrolls - teleport helps u to chase or run. Stone wall helps u trap ppl or u can box urself in when u rez people, magic trap for the above reason.

dp Darts/shurkins - i would carry both types becuase they darts are great for short range but the shurkins work wonders for longer range.

Pet summoning ball - having 2 swampies or if ur in factions a war horses will be incredibly helpful. The second one is incase the first dies and u dont really have time to mount an ethy and make sure both are on summoning balls.

Re: Animosity/wootbeer's 4/6 dexxer template

Against most players, this template is incredibly effective.

I used it with mass amounts of potions as well, had 4/6 without a shield.

Except I don't think I had Spellweaving... mine was something like...

A lot harder to get the equip this way though... Orny, Totem, 1/3 HCI ring are all necessary.

120 Swords
120 Ninja
100 Chiv
100 Poisoning
120 Resists
60 Necro
100 SS

This template was also back in the day though when you didn't need tactics for weapon specials.

Ninjia

Knight

change 100poison to tactics
120 swords to 120 mace.

ParagonDancer;682170 said:
120 Swords
120 Ninja
105 Chiv u need the 105 for holy light.
100 Poisoning
115 Resists
60 Necro
100 SS

ya this is the template i use to run until the tactics change, as u should know becuase i did tell ya it before i took a break.

change 100poison to tactics
120 swords to 120 mace.

and die like the rest of the newbs that think its better. Macing/tactics/anatomy is better for dueling then swords/tactics/nox but this is a field fighting template. The macing template has to many weaknesses since most people use only a mace and with no way to prevent the heal u will have no chance to beat the runners.

EvilChild

Knight

macing is a better all around weapon skill

UNLESS you are using something for a specialty like poisoning or are poor and can't afford reasonable gear to offset the slow weapon speeds. (and even with poisoning, 3 of your 6 suggested weapons are macing weapons that you have UBWS on) Macing tends to favor burst damage and not damage over time. If you are a disrupt dexxer than you will want to use a different weapon skill such as swords. But any other dexxer should probably be using macing.

People are just idiots and run around with maces spamming conc blow.

macing is nice but each weapon skill has its own roles. I wouldnt say any weapon skill is better then another it all depends on what u need it for.

macing is nice for the stam damage, and the mace is the best disarm weapon in the game. But it doesnt prevent the heal in anyway which on the field isnt that great in my mind. Macing weapons are also slow so instead of 60ish stam u need 90ish to pull max swing. cutting ur mana down a lot, and that is only with the mace.

with swords the only 4/6 dexxer i couldnt regularly kill was crackheads 4/6 parry macer that spammed disarm, it normally ended with him just running away becuase he would run outa darts and pots after about 10 minutes. and 95% of the mages would drop like flys

I use to have:
115 fenc
100 poisoning
115 ninja
100 tacties
115 chivl
100resisting
60 meditt
before tacties, and after tacties. Lethal poison + ds + holy light spam.

invalid name

Wanderer
what about:

Archery 120
Ninjitsu 115
poisoning 100
alchemy 100
tactics 120
hiding 100
stealth 65

the idea around this is as far as im awear you get damage bonus from having hiding and stealth with ninjitsu right? or am i totally wrong, if not then i could drop hiding and stealth and go with chiv and focus

Buiu

Knight
chival spellweaving archery fencer.. most annoying dexxter i ever played. good for everything..
but you need tons and tons of good gear/jewelry/arty.

Darren-

Sorceror
may i ask whats the point of such high ninjitsu? Ds is so nerfed without hide and stealth.. why not have somthing else in the works like anatomy for dmg increase and caped DI for even more dmg output. dont get me wrong, focus attack is amazing. enough said.

Blame

Knight
You didn't need hiding and stealth to deal 35 damage death strike back then. :) Anatomy would be useless as you want to use cleaver as your primary weapon and you focus mainly on dealing a lot of disrupting damages rather than dealing high damage.

Necrodog

Page
what about:

Archery 120
Ninjitsu 115
poisoning 100
alchemy 100
tactics 120
hiding 100
stealth 65

the idea around this is as far as im awear you get damage bonus from having hiding and stealth with ninjitsu right? or am i totally wrong, if not then i could drop hiding and stealth and go with chiv and focus
Death Strike's damage is halved with archery, if I'm not mistaken.

Now with UOSteam, a disrupt-spamming dexxer is really nerfed, since steam roboheals will get you through nearly anything. Any kind of melee dexxer is nerfed, actually. I'm pretty sure that Demise's slogan is, "A mage should never lose to a mace fighter, swordsman, or fencer, ever."

Also, poisoning on an archer is kind of a bad idea, since you can just double mortal people and kill them that way. I would go with anatomy.

invalid name

Wanderer
really? i didnt realise that they had done that...i dont use steam maybe i should get it...maybe i should learn to pvp mage lol

Darren-

Sorceror
Death Strike's damage is halved with archery, if I'm not mistaken.

Now with UOSteam, a disrupt-spamming dexxer is really nerfed, since steam roboheals will get you through nearly anything. Any kind of melee dexxer is nerfed, actually. I'm pretty sure that Demise's slogan is, "A mage should never lose to a mace fighter, swordsman, or fencer, ever."

Also, poisoning on an archer is kind of a bad idea, since you can just double mortal people and kill them that way. I would go with anatomy.
Can only eat enchanted apples once every 2 minutes? That said, mortal is a dexxers priority vs a Mage or my style gimp as shit running with a cleaver bleed spam darts and 52 dmg death strikes

Necrodog

Page
really? i didnt realise that they had done that...i dont use steam maybe i should get it...maybe i should learn to pvp mage lol
Magery is incredibly powerful because of how fast the casting is on this shard. Now with Steam, Magery is more powerful than ever. It is definitely a good idea to learn to use the broken stuff ;)