UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

everything sucks here ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

drak-

Sorceror
everything sucks here ..

I was under the impression this was supposed to clone EA's publishes, etc? The more i try different things here, the more i realize that the EA-clone concept is just superficial.

BODs, for example. On EA, even with their broken system, the base chance of getting a colored smith BOD is 45%.. Ive been doing BODs for a few months at GM+, and MAYBE 1 in 20 has been colored, and pure crap ones at that.. same goes for tbods, one horned and zero barbed... mostly all cloth or plain bone crap.

Then if you do get a runic, it seems the properties of what they create dont compare to EAs runics ... so unless youre lucky enough to be able to burn barbed kit after kit or somehow val hammers - again, PURE CRAP...

Then theres the loot, as everyone knows, sucks everywhere .. the gold is cut, the items are pure crap, it sucks.

I dont get completely screwed over, myself ... because i mostly play the gauntlet, the only place where the loot is actually decent ... or wait .. yes I do, I get screwed over every time a corpse is autolooted clean as fast as it can hit the floor. This level of cheating in the gaunt can be expected tho,, I guess,, since everyone is competing to get the ONLY decent items in the game. By what I have seen so far, I am willing to bet that the solution will be to crap out the loot in gaunt like it is everywhere else, right?

cmcmcm

Knight
Re: everything sucks here ..

No man. The only thing that sux are the darts, hyriu pvp and the mastershake l33t stuff :) ( btw why shake stuff r the only edited stuff that wasnt deleted by staff? ) everything i saw that was edited by the old admin was deleted.... but shake sleevs, gorget and cleaver r still in game!
I dont want to argue with nobody just want a simple answer for a simple question...i think hes using that l33t stuff for so much time already.

hellwina

Sorceror

The situation in the gauntlet is getting ridiculous, the number of autolooters sometimes is crazy. I hardly ever come out of the gauntlet with anything decent because of this. Maybe if the loot was improved more on monsters like, balrons, ancient wyrms etc it would reduce their desire to use loot scripts. By reducing the loot in game it has made the high end items that come from the gaunt way too valuable and has created this problem at the gaunt.

drak-;333357 said:
I was under the impression this was supposed to clone EA's publishes, etc? The more i try different things here, the more i realize that the EA-clone concept is just superficial.

BODs, for example. On EA, even with their broken system, the base chance of getting a colored smith BOD is 45%.. Ive been doing BODs for a few months at GM+, and MAYBE 1 in 20 has been colored, and pure crap ones at that.. same goes for tbods, one horned and zero barbed... mostly all cloth or plain bone crap.

Then if you do get a runic, it seems the properties of what they create dont compare to EAs runics ... so unless youre lucky enough to be able to burn barbed kit after kit or somehow val hammers - again, PURE CRAP...

Then theres the loot, as everyone knows, sucks everywhere .. the gold is cut, the items are pure crap, it sucks.

I dont get completely screwed over, myself ... because i mostly play the gauntlet, the only place where the loot is actually decent ... or wait .. yes I do, I get screwed over every time a corpse is autolooted clean as fast as it can hit the floor. This level of cheating in the gaunt can be expected tho,, I guess,, since everyone is competing to get the ONLY decent items in the game. By what I have seen so far, I am willing to bet that the solution will be to crap out the loot in gaunt like it is everywhere else, right?

If demise could clone OSI 100%, they might as well be OSI. Keeping in mind they have to research this stuff and even then, they will never be 100% unless somebody actually told them the exact percentages, not to mention OSI makes new changes and fixes daily.

drak-;333357 said:
No, not quite: that is the chance of MATERIAL. The item is rolled first, and the reason for such apparently low yields is due to the fact that you can roll a lot of items that are only iron (weapons, namely) or cloth.

The BOD odds here are pretty good, trust me: I went through, and calculated the odds for most reward types; you can see here that with 120% tailoring, roughly 1 in 58 will not only be COLORED, but will also be a BRSK BOD! That's hardly poor odds. Even though, admittedly, the chance for *any* colored tailor BOD is actually around 1-in-15.1.

However, for blacksmithy BODs, if it rolls an item that can be colored, YES, you've got a 49.9% chance that it will be colored. so it works out to a roughly 24.4% of all blacksmithy BODs being colored, or about 1-in-4.

drak-;333357 said:
I call outright BS here. You can get pretty good results here. Just because you may have blown a lot of money on a BRSK and didn't get anything spectacular with that does NOT mean that they're worthless: I've seen countless expensive runics burned, and they tend to produce pretty decent stuff, just not on every try. And I'd dare say that they compare to what you'd get on OSI.

drak-;333357 said:
I dont get completely screwed over, myself ... because i mostly play the gauntlet, the only place where the loot is actually decent ... or wait .. yes I do, I get screwed over every time a corpse is autolooted clean as fast as it can hit the floor.
I tend to not see very many autolooters... If you suspect people of auto-looting, then page a staff member: auto-looters require the use of banned programs here, so it is a jailable or bannable offense!
drak-;333357 said:
This level of cheating in the gaunt can be expected tho,, I guess,, since everyone is competing to get the ONLY decent items in the game. By what I have seen so far, I am willing to bet that the solution will be to crap out the loot in gaunt like it is everywhere else, right?
Nice try at trolling there. No, the staff would not intentionally weaken the loot somewhere unless they had STRONG and CONSISTENT evidence that the current loot was more potent than on OSI. Just because they can't keep up with OSI's DAILY and CONSTANT changes at the speed of light doesn't mean that they'd willingly take a step AWAY from what OSI is like: this is something they've *never, ever* done since I began playing here. Saying anything else is making false accusations against the staff.

Mario-Demise;333401 said:
this is off topic but, nothteking you write a lot dude on almost every post. haaa 8]
One of the perks of having some 135.0% In your "Typing WPM" skill. ;)

hellwina

Sorceror

Nottheking;333397 said:
I tend to not see very many autolooters... If you suspect people of auto-looting, then page a staff member: auto-looters require the use of banned programs here, so it is a jailable or bannable offense!

I page every time I suspect an autolooter, I have had a page in for 2 hours about this and yet to have it answered...

Several pages I have put in about auto looters have had the same result .. An hour or so later I just cancel it or log out because it's got to the point I don't want to play because of it.

drak-

Sorceror

Nottheking;333397 said:
No, not quite: that is the chance of MATERIAL. The item is rolled first, and the reason for such apparently low yields is due to the fact that you can roll a lot of items that are only iron (weapons, namely) or cloth.

The BOD odds here are pretty good, trust me: I went through, and calculated the odds for most reward types; you can see here that with 120% tailoring, roughly 1 in 58 will not only be COLORED, but will also be a BRSK BOD! That's hardly poor odds. Even though, admittedly, the chance for *any* colored tailor BOD is actually around 1-in-15.1.

However, for blacksmithy BODs, if it rolls an item that can be colored, YES, you've got a 49.9% chance that it will be colored. so it works out to a roughly 24.4% of all blacksmithy BODs being colored, or about 1-in-4.

I call outright BS here. You can get pretty good results here. Just because you may have blown a lot of money on a BRSK and didn't get anything spectacular with that does NOT mean that they're worthless: I've seen countless expensive runics burned, and they tend to produce pretty decent stuff, just not on every try. And I'd dare say that they compare to what you'd get on OSI.

Nice try at trolling there. No, the staff would not intentionally weaken the loot somewhere unless they had STRONG and CONSISTENT evidence that the current loot was more potent than on OSI. Just because they can't keep up with OSI's DAILY and CONSTANT changes at the speed of light doesn't mean that they'd willingly take a step AWAY from what OSI is like: this is something they've *never, ever* done since I began playing here. Saying anything else is making false accusations against the staff.

Can it with the trolling crap .. oK?

1. Its no secret that our loot is literally half of EAs.
2. everyone also acknowledges a horrible problem with autolootng in gaunt ... the GMs hardly even answer pages for it anymore
3. BRSK and val hammers are the only ones I said does give good items, so again, your attempted shot at me there is a pile of shit...
4. I made NO comment about reward types,, rather the BODs themselves.

and 5. I embelished NOTHING about the BODs I get,,.. its crap.

Maybe you should spend as much time accurately READING as you do spewing off, k thnx.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Ahhhhh glad I can be the first staffer in on this one. *cracks knuckles*

here it goes....

ready?

ready?

wait for it.....

here it comes....

right about....
now.

bullshit.

OSI JUST changed BOD chances so when we get up enough time to get over there and do some research work and get the calculations, THEN it will change here. We don't enter in sloppy code just for the sake of having it. Believe it or not, we do go to OSI and test and calculate. And, believe it or not... we do work on Demise as a hobby unlike OSI that has a shitload of programmers sitting in a room for 10 hours a day working their asses off to change information. And if you haven't noticed, when OSI makes a change, they generally come back a week later and tweak it... rinse repeat for at least 3 more updates. So, when they finally get BODs the way they want them, then we'll hop over and make some changes.

As for loot - we all know loot isn't up to speed with OSI but it is one of the BIGGEST challenges facing Demise staff on getting information because there is just so darn much of it. I know players get tired of hearing it but.... be patient. We are doing our best.

Now, as for your call on us being OSI... we aren't. We have never said we were. What we do is try to get as much OSI-like material into the game that we can which means we have to take time to analyze what is going on with OSI... no one over at OSI is zipping up change files and sending them over, as nice as that would be. So while we may be behind OSI, the changes that are added when Demise gets an update will be up to speed with OSI.

Now, before you cry wolf on something like the darts - yes, those were put in. Testing was done and there was a mistake. That happens. If you consider how much stuff is dropped into Demise with every update, one mistake isn't so bad.

Seriously - if its so bad and so terrible.... find somewhere else to play because quite frankly I'm not in the mood to be called out on something we work very hard to do just because YOU don't like it.

LC

drak-

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;333412 said:
Ahhhhh glad I can be the first staffer in on this one. *cracks knuckles*

bullshit.

OSI JUST changed BOD chances so when we get up enough time to get over there and do some research work and get the calculations, THEN it will change here.

Bullshit is right.. OSI's current change plan is to fix the chances to 50% from the 45% their broken system has it limited at.

LadyCrimson;333412 said:
As for loot - we all know loot isn't up to speed with OSI but it is one of the BIGGEST challenges facing Demise staff on getting information because there is just so darn much of it. I know players get tired of hearing it but.... be patient. We are doing our best.

Bullshit again. As Ive read on these forums, its quite obvious that demise loot has been INTENTIONALLY cut - which IS a large part of the reason why the bit of crap that drops in gaunt is so valued that so many are willing to risk their accts cheating for it. And, the EA values are all stored on stratics, and can be easily adjusted in the world scripts ..

LadyCrimson;333412 said:
Now, as for your call on us being OSI...

I did not call demise "OSI" .. I callled it an OSI clone, which i DO NOT believe it is, but I have seen it referred to as such many places...

LadyCrimson;333412 said:
Now, before you cry wolf on something like the darts -

Im not the one who complained about the darts ...

LadyCrimson;333412 said:
Seriously - if its so bad and so terrible.... find somewhere else to play because quite frankly I'm not in the mood to be called out on something we work very hard to do just because YOU don't like it.

Ya, the GMs were working so hard on installing teleporters in gaunt (and you certainly found the time to get twisted over my post) while we had pages in for two hours for autolooters, pages which never DID get answered ...

Khephren

Knight

wow, to critisize like that on your own time.... ouf.... you must have nothing to do.... *stares at all the quotes and time it took to make his post*

remember, its free to play here !

oh and to add, i never found any better place to play that was free....

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

1. We did not drop loot nor has it been said. We (being staff) talk about the loot and what changes need to be made to INCREASE the loot value. Of course, why would you know that? Not that you would care to ask. As for it being on stratics... link me. I'd love to see the calculations listed on stratics on packloot.... that'd be great.

2. OSI is changing BODs - I believe I said that. I didn't say we were going to make them worse.. did I? no.

3. Duh on darts - read my other posts.

4. Installing teleporters so people can enjoy MOVING in the gaunt is more important than autolooters, which, btw we jail all the time so if your page didn't get answered, perhaps its just that person wasn't actually autolooting and you are just too stubborn to realize that.

5. OSI clone with information... what is IN game is cloned from OSI unless it is a recent change or something that will take MONTHS to figure (which, its a matter of finding the time). No, its not exact to OSI.

6. I stand by my statement of if you don't like it, go elsewhere. I'm not in the mood to deal with people who think they know better. Oh, even better - make your own shard and enjoy running it. I believe there was a Demise player who did that once.

LC

Drittz

Wanderer

ill admit there was a time when i was unhappy with a few things about demise, so i went else where, and i tried atleast a dozen diffirent shards all of which totaly sucked ass, demise may not be PERFECT but its certainly the best free shard out there, now if u wanna play a osi style shard goto osi if ur too cheap to play there stop winging about this FREE shard , damn emo's.....*loads gun*

drak-

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;333426 said:
1. We did not drop loot nor has it been said. We (being staff) talk about the loot and what changes need to be made to INCREASE the loot value. Of course, why would you know that? Not that you would care to ask. As for it being on stratics... link me. I'd love to see the calculations listed on stratics on packloot.... that'd be great.

2. OSI is changing BODs - I believe I said that. I didn't say we were going to make them worse.. did I? no.

3. Duh on darts - read my other posts.

4. Installing teleporters so people can enjoy MOVING in the gaunt is more important than autolooters, which, btw we jail all the time so if your page didn't get answered, perhaps its just that person wasn't actually autolooting and you are just too stubborn to realize that.

5. OSI clone with information... what is IN game is cloned from OSI unless it is a recent change or something that will take MONTHS to figure (which, its a matter of finding the time). No, its not exact to OSI.

6. I stand by my statement of if you don't like it, go elsewhere. I'm not in the mood to deal with people who think they know better. Oh, even better - make your own shard and enjoy running it. I believe there was a Demise player who did that once.

LC

The hunters guide has a basic loot level, and even simply modelling it around those levels would make a much more accurate loot than this. As for the loot discussions, there have been MANY on here, and I dont see anyone contesting the statements so I accept them as true...

And if someone DID check on the pages and found nothing wrong .. is there a problem with kicking the page out of queue? So now Im stubborn for not removing my page myself?

And, I dont need to start yet another free service, i run one of my own already .. a 10k user irc network with 10 times the drama, 10 times the problem users, and 10 times the problems because it has 25 times as many servers ... but I do manage to make sure things are taken care of, users get helped, or that there are enough staff there to do it for me...

I dont know why i bothered arguing with a woman anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.