UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

error applying patch

greyrebel

Wanderer
error applying patch

ok folks i want to see if anyone can help me with this. everytime i clear out the patch folder and start patching i get this message:

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-1.rtp( 1949572 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-1.pat( 11 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-1.rtp( 1949572 bytes, resuming )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-1.pat( 11 bytes, resuming )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_6-0-1-1.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

Thats all the info it gives me. If anyone could help me with this I would be thankful for it. Oh yeah and my current patch is 5.0.9.1.

Hysteric

Wanderer
Re: error applying patch

Locke4382;274667 said:
I'm not going to patch until all this crazy crap gets worked out.

yes this is a little crazy ..... when the hiyru's colour is different when u ride and and dismount it .... wtf.....

Yokozuna

Wanderer

hey....i uninstalled and reinstalled and patched with no problems. nothing has been wrong.

AnklaAmarth

Wanderer

I have the newest version, yet I continue to get the damn popup in-game telling me I need to update.

venomiron

Wanderer

it may have happened cos you may have installed other shards patch. these patches modify some uo original files or corrupt some of them.
so if you having troubles youd better reinstall uo.

rosella81505

Wanderer

not working for me either, and i uninstalled and reinstalled completely this sucks so bad....please help....

psz

Administrator

When you "uninstall completely" you *MUST* delete your UO folder *COMPLETELY*

If you log onto any other shard, Razor changes files, and that shard may change files.

If even *ONE* file needed by the patch is changed (this includes the login), the patch may fail.

venomiron

Wanderer

thats what I said in the other thread
there are tons of threads about patching error
venomiron;276094 said:
reinstall uo in an different folder. then you start patching. if it stops patching you restart the pc and try again. itll probably stop applying some archive then you restart the pc again and again so your uo is up to date

iDmajic

Sorceror

This has happened too me many times in the past. It has always fixed with a simple reinstall, but I don't want too have too continue redownloading UO an installing it, then starting patching all the way back from 4-0.0. Not my style, if anyone could actually fix this, an not give us another obvious detail, that would be nice.

psz

Administrator

The fix *IS*:

Completely remove all of the *NON* OSI files from the folder.

Since Razor (as well as other 3rd party apps) modify files, you can either A: Keep a backup of those files in case this happens, or B: Manually set them back to the original version.

Secondly, many other free-shards modify client files and whatnot. If even *ONE* file the patcher needs is NOT 100% original, it will not patch.

Again, only way to avoid this is to either A: Keep a backup of ALL files, B: Not go to other shards, or C: Be prepared to do this when you patch.

I go to one shard other than OSI, and that's Demise.

The *ONLY* file I have Razor modify is the login (which is easy enough to set back).

I've not had to reinstall UO in almost 4 years. This includes regular patching.