UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why does my pet attack me without any cause

Oronur

Sorceror
Why does my pet attack me without any cause

I had my hiryu for month' now and never had any problems with it.

Today after serverwars everything changed. My pet is totally fed (wonderfully happy), no monsters at sight, and i dont give any commands. (my pets are allways on all guard-mode).

Now every now and then (4 times in the last hour) my pet attacks me. So what is the problem now?

I have enough skill for controlling the Hiryu 99% of the time.

It is quite annoying and i dont want to go to gauntlet with a pet that doesnt listen to my commands.

Where there any changes on SW like script-updates or such things?

Lucifall

Knight
Re: Why does my pet attack me without any cause

Pets arent supposed to attack you unless you are in a guild, turned in war mode, and double clicked it, thus attacking it. Most pets attack all their attackers before they die or break their targeting. So if you tell it to attack a gargoyle, them acidentally attack your pet, it will kill the gargoyle and fly at you for some fresh meat. :p

Oronur

Sorceror

i never attack my pet and im rarely in war mode with my tamer.

As i said, my pet stands right beside me, no target at sight and attacks me without a cause.

Sure, 99% control-chance does mean that could happen, but so often?

ermo

Sorceror

You probably use "All Guard Me" command, i used to get attacked by my pets when i used that command.

Use "All Guard" and you shouldn't have any problems with pets.

Oronur

Sorceror

no, that is not the problem as well, i allways used only "all guard".

What irritates me is, that this never happened before the Server Restart today.

Lucifall

Knight

Thats pretty weird... and odd. I always attack my pets for them to attack-me, but i'm playing on my mages mostly so... :p

camper

Sorceror

Let it sit in the corner, aka the stables, for a little bit. That should fix it.

dead-eye

Knight

yea stable for a little while and use a dif pet. when u take it back out of the stables it should be reset.

Hope-Neathus

Wanderer

I noticed it usually happens with the guard command. I just stopped using it and it stopped trying to eat me for lunch.;)

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

When you say all kill ensure the target cursor shows up before you click the target. I find sometimes I'm too fast to click and click too early, and it makes my pets do weird things. Usually my mare attacks me then my dragon attacks my mare. I have to stable the dragon and play another char for a bit, or simply not use the mare, as from that point they'll keep doing it.