UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - May 28, 2016 - Wands (cont.), bolas, potions

TheHawks

Sorceror
I overheard a conversation where someone was saying that these new changes might be intended to help new players and returning vets that don't have much stock. Reducing the amount of available stock per player to even the odds on the field. That is complete shit. If it was wands and bolas I understand that. Simple regs and potions on the other hand are ridiculously easy to get on this server. You can 7x almost any type of character you can imagine in a single day. You go out the next day and farm a ton of gold, easy peasy. Now you can go gm alchy in less that a couple hours and start cranking yourself out some pots from regs you bought in town. Just like the rest of us did. There is nothing elitist about being able to carry 100+ potions to pvp whenever you want. Not on this server.

If there is a problem with new players not having the simple means to compete, it is a result of the learning curve of this game. Maybe add some competent councilors to go around and point new players in the right direction. Find some ways to educate newish players towards getting themselves setup. I personally go around and give regs, pots and a plot to anyone I see that is doing truelly newb things out in the world. Then I point them to a rune library and tell them what to farm to optimize their gold gains. I see that char "sansa stark (young)" in town. Maybe we could create an option to join a guild especially for new players when they log into the server. I've seen that done elsewhere and inside of that guild are people that go around helping truelly new players. It would give them a means to easily ask for help through guild chat to people who actually care.

Wes-hybrid

Sorceror
I'm a returning player with very limited resources but this makes it to where I have limited stock! My melee fighters used to be able to toss bolas to outrun overwhelming odds. It seems now I just need to keep running and use my higher dexterity to hope that I can make them run out of refresh potions... *sigh*

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
I'm a returning player with very limited resources but this makes it to where I have limited stock! My melee fighters used to be able to toss bolas to outrun overwhelming odds. It seems now I just need to keep running and use my higher dexterity to hope that I can make them run out of refresh potions... *sigh*
Please, bear with us and thank you for your feedback. Welcome back to Hybrid, we are doing a series of changes and your input is extremely valuable to us. Please continue to contribute your perspective as respectfully as you've just demonstrated. We need more people like you in this community!

Pat McGroin

Sorceror

How often did that really work?

If you're fighting an even remotely good squad and you take the time to stop,dismount, and throw your bolla.

You're probably gonna get stunned and ganked lol

amtothepm

Knight
toss bolas to outrun overwhelming odds? what specifically do you mean by that?

Are you serious though? cause it got to a peak than its been since the last holiday. Its been like steady 185 online for months got up to 300 this last weekend.?

I haven't seen anywhere near 500+ since when we use to have more than just pvp events, active patch's, before the cub event for sure..... Or any holiday when the losers tryna get in there afk pixel crack ((which has been great that it hadn't been happening))

Last edited:
I have a few pvp chars I log into occasionally. Not any recognizable names.

Hybrid was #1 most active uo shard for many years.

Now even demise has more players.

I've logged on and went out a few times over the year, it's been pretty inactive.
If you haven't played hybrid at its worst...and stayed..i don't feel ur input matters...take ur negativity to demise..plenty of raggedy shit over there to bitch about.

According to a vast majority, the top priority issues included wands, bolas, hybrid armor, the event league weapons, etc. From these remarks and suggestions, we are compiling the PvP changes you're seeing now.​

With your "top priority issues", how exactly can you justify changing ANYTHING before nerfing/removing hybrid armor? It's something literally the entire shard (except for obviously the few people who own it) can get behind and from a balance perspective is plain retarded. I don't know who is giving you guy's PVP suggestions/advice, but you definitely need to get rid of them.

As for these changes I guess the bola changes and the wands usable while stunned are alright. Chain bolaing is lame and bola tamers are strong so I can understand the nerfs here. As I've stated before I am impartial to wands. In the grand scheme of things I would be fine with them or I'd be fine without them. I do however feel like if they choose the route to keep them there are better changes to them that could be made.

Pots weight being increased is obviously a dumb change.

I'd really like to know who is giving the input on these changes. Whoever your adviser is should really consider doing what is best for the shard and just resign if you aren't willing to get rid of them.

Last edited: