UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How do I get Win 10?

Slugworth

Squire
Yeah win 10 will eventually be good when they tweak the bugs and what not. Took me about 5 hours of trouble shooting a couple things and it seems to be working fine. I don't reccomend it at all right now, but in a couple of months it should be golden. I might as well stick with it since I tweaked the major bugs.

Whatever98

Squire
i think it's ugly as fk :/

see originally it didn't have the start bar, just those massive touch buttons, like my PC is some kinda fisher price toy -_-'

just seems like they brought the start bar back and crammed the whole planned UI into it instead

Slugworth

Squire
i think it's ugly as fk :/

see originally it didn't have the start bar, just those massive touch buttons, like my PC is some kinda fisher price toy -_-'

just seems like they brought the start bar back and crammed the whole planned UI into it instead
I use a little niffty tool called classic shell... Makes my interface like windows 7...

Whatever98

Squire
just seems most of the improvements aren't really for pc, they're more to make it accommodate more devices, business applications, and the whole sorta mobile app culture, it's a bit worrying imo

DannoBro

Wanderer
Surprised the UPS worker can afford a computer that can run windows ten
Maybe his parents bought it for him

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler

All you need to do is unpin the tiles in the start menu and it's a lot nicer.
I was going to go back to using classicshell like I had when I used 8.1 but I find the new start menu to be a little nicer.

Slugworth

Squire
Did you do a reset after your upgrade? I'd strongly recommend it so all the incomplete files and junk are gone from w7.
It was a fresh install of windows 10. Every game works so far besides CS GO. By a reset you mean a fresh install right? Also when playing UO my mouse cursor flickers a little bit now too. Might go back to win7 my gtx 980ti and 4670k cpu should not have that problem and it didnt on win 7.

Slugworth

Squire
Also noticing way higher cpu usage when playing games. While a game is only using 2.4gigs of ram out of my 16 and it still gets up to 50-70 cpu usage... And if im just watching twitch it will be at like 25-30 cpu usage... That cant be right can it?

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
A lot of people have been saying they had to go into power settings and manually enable pci-e power. It's worth looking into because that would definitely cause those issues. So far I haven't had any crashes and my performances is a little better than it was with Windows 7.

And yes that's what I meant by reset.

Slugworth

Squire
A lot of people have been saying they had to go into power settings and manually enable pci-e power. It's worth looking into because that would definitely cause those issues. So far I haven't had any crashes and my performances is a little better than it was with Windows 7.

And yes that's what I meant by reset.
What would the PCI-E power have to do with cpu usage? PCI-E is for GPUs?

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
Flickering mouse and increased cpu load from your gpu diverting traffic because of inadequate power. Worth looking into is all I'm saying. Takes like 5 seconds. I just know people on the windows10 subreddit have complained about similar issues and that solved it.