UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVP competition thread gone dumb

Slugworth

Squire
Had nothing to do with me, but what I do love is that every time I die you get a chubby. I honestly don't even know that Vallinous guy since I have been inactive for like the last 4 days untill last night.

Mister Pink

Squire
To the original post inquiring about creating fun, balanced pvp.

Schedule a time for a baracoon. Get a list of guilds willing to participate at that time. Limit yourself to only 5 members per guild. Only bring best players or have other 5 join a different guild for the duration of the event. Roll dice to see who starts the spawn.

Every guild participating puts up 100k per entrant. The money would be collected before the event and the rosters would be known in a post on here. Any guild breaking the rule or bringing more people gets a warning then followed by forfeiting their gold. Same goes for one team helping another team, ie resurrections and cross heals. A general agreement that if one guild tries to play spoiler that all participants team up against this guild.

Whoever wins the coon gets the prize money. Prize money is split depending on how many scrolls you get. Duplicates don't count. Screenshot, video required to confirm you made it out with the scrolls and that you aren't cheating. Prize money would be held by trustable, independent trammy.

If successful schedule it once a month.

It would be fun to do something like this, but I think people have more fun bitching on forums than they do actually pvping so I doubt anything like this would happen.

You could obviously change the guild limit, prize money, and could do a best 2 out of three. You could even split the prize money for people that get scrolls and or an overall winner.

Edit: You could even specify no Wind.

Last edited:

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
To the original post inquiring about creating fun, balanced pvp.

Schedule a time for a baracoon. Get a list of guilds willing to participate at that time. Limit yourself to only 5 members per guild. Only bring best players or have other 5 join a different guild for the duration of the event. Roll dice to see who starts the spawn.

Every guild participating puts up 100k per entrant. The money would be collected before the event and the rosters would be known in a post on here. Any guild breaking the rule or bringing more people gets a warning then followed by forfeiting their gold. Same goes for one team helping another team, ie resurrections and cross heals. A general agreement that if one guild tries to play spoiler that all participants team up against this guild.

Whoever wins the coon gets the prize money. Prize money is split depending on how many scrolls you get. Duplicates don't count. Screenshot, video required to confirm you made it out with the scrolls and that you aren't cheating. Prize money would be held by trustable, independent trammy.

If successful schedule it once a month.

It would be fun to do something like this, but I think people have more fun bitching on forums than they do actually pvping so I doubt anything like this would happen.
Would have to be more than 100k per person. Make it 1mil per person then less likely for any member to go against the rules since there is alot more to gain/lose.
But I think it would be a good idea.
I would love to watch this go down.....(from the sidelines)

Mister Pink

Squire
Would have to be more than 100k per person. Make it 1mil per person then less likely for any member to go against the rules since there is alot more to gain/lose.
But I think it would be a good idea.
I would love to watch this go down.....(from the sidelines)

I agree I originally put 200k. I made it low so you could get maybe 4x5 or 5x5 guilds playing. I agree though has to be an incentive to play by the rules because there is always that jackass that screws up a good thing.

Mister Pink

Squire
PvP sucks because of zerg guilds like Hz. Most of the people who still play this old ass game do it for nostalgia reasons or they would play something else. I love PvP and have PvPed since the first day I got my ass handed to me in 1999. Once upon a time I was in a zerg guild on siege perilous called Juevos del Diablo (JD) and that was fun for a hot minute when the servers had 1000+ people. Shit ain't like that anymore. For the last five years i've mostly played in guilds with 4-5 people so most likely you are lucky if there are two of you on at the same time. I like it like that. No big guild drama and infighting and people getting kicked then added again and kicked again the same day. That's all bullshit noise that no one needs in their life.

Nerd zerg guilds like Hz don't let you play like that though. They want to force you to make another mega nerdzerg to fight thiers. I'm doing a spawn with Otim, 2 Hz raid and we kill them. Then 5 show up and Otim dies and i'm sniping. Then there are 8. I don't want to have to create an army to play UO.

I couldn't agree more. I was in one of those guilds with you. It was a lot of fun, but if you wanted to spawn something other than coon it was impossible because of the numbers Hz had. SEGA grew as a result of Hz zerging the shit out of everyone. It's why 2015 is as big as it is now. Don't get me wrong I had some good times fighting massive battles against Hz and depending on the night, one guild would outnumber the other, but the most fun I had is when we were evenly matched. Then a battle could go on for hours. Going big also takes away from the laid back feeling, like you are sitting at a bar with friends, but instead you are playing a video game with someone thousands of miles away.

Ideally Demise wouldn't have super guilds, but would have guilds of maybe 5-7 people. It would be great, but it's never going to happen. For one spawns are checked too frequently. If you want to do Oaks or a Harrower you need extra people for the defense. The shard can be dead one minute and a couple of messages later you are fighting 10 people over an Oaks. 2015 suffers from the same issue SEGA did, to get big and compete with Hz's superior numbers you have to recruit a lot of people. Doing this makes vets that want to be a part of an elite group annoyed and bored because they are forced to play with someone below their skill level. Alvin hit it on the head. Hz has the numbers in better geared, overall skilled players. Sure on paper you can say its a 8vs8 or 4vs4 or whatever you want to tell yourself, but in reality some people count more than others because of the skill level involved. Granted have a 1v1 or 2v2 tournament and I'd put money on some of the top members of 2015. It all depends on who happens to be on that night and that goes for both sides.

All the more reason to set up a fight where there is even numbers at a spawn. Bragging rights on the line and such.

Last edited:

Mister Pink

Squire
Could the event be even numbers?

Yeah what I mean by 4x5 or 5x5 is 4 different guilds with 5 players or 5 different guilds with 5 players. We could increase the number of participants to accommodate a sizeable guild, but it would leave out some of the smaller guilds. It doesn't matter to me as long something like this takes place. You could even do a 2015 vs Hz event, but I was thinking more along the lines of a 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 battle royale. I'm definitely open to any input, and depending on the turnout I might even consider adding some of my own gold to jackpot.

Last edited:

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
Can't ever happen - HZ only functions well is the primary Zerg. We'll raid your little event though, and then it would just be the same shit as it always is - all vs HZ.....

Slugworth

Squire
Got ganked by ES, 2015, and G last night bro - you have to admit, in most scenarios HZ is enemy #1.
Yeah i'm just saying it goes back and fourth, I know when i'm calling I don't specifically call out for a single guild, ill call who ever is needed to be targeted by their position, wether it's and HZ member or an G member even if they're on the same screen.

Mister Pink

Squire
Can't ever happen - HZ only functions well is the primary Zerg. We'll raid your little event though, and then it would just be the same shit as it always is - all vs HZ.....

Had a feeling this would be the sentiment since it's Mister Pink proposing something fresh instead of MB. I don't really associate you or Suck lessons with the main HZ Zerg era. The same can be said of Corbin and Kolby.

Hz has the largest high quality players in a guild currently. Maybe Zerg isn't the appropriate term because Zerg were cheap units only effective in a huge force. I'd say most of y'all are competent pvpers, but 8vs8 isn't really an 8vs8 unless you have players of equal skill you are fighting against. My suggestion of 5 v 5 is so it will be more competitive.

You experienced the HZ Zerg I was referencing when we both were in LOLz together. I don't expect you to acknowledge that though. 3 people spawning on spawn characters getting raided by 10 people on pvp chars. More overkill than Zerg I guess.

E-Thug

Traveler
Hey Kap bro I think you forgot one.
Reef maybe you oughta go spend some time PvMing monsters before you work your way up to actual PvP. Seeing as those spiders got the best of ya.... :eek:
Or wait, since we're a zerg, maybe we should just recruit the spiders :lol: ;)

Ronnie dies to spiders.jpg

Slugworth

Squire
Reef maybe you oughta go spend some time PvMing monsters before you work your way up to actual PvP. Seeing as those spiders got the best of ya.... :eek:

View attachment 94740
Funny thing is, I almost made it through all of them lol, ran out of stam pots.

A US Marshall

Sorceror

View attachment 94740

all this shit talking and in every picture there's like 3-6 HZ and one or two of our guys... also i'd like to point out that Reefer would take on anyone that plays this server one VS one and fucking smoke them including trash fucking archers with no skill... so how about you guys stop these pictures on forums bullshit and start putting an gambling your orny in a one vs one verses reefer or SHUT THE FUCK UP..............

Phelon

Knight
I couldn't agree more. I was in one of those guilds with you. It was a lot of fun, but if you wanted to spawn something other than coon it was impossible because of the numbers Hz had. SEGA grew as a result of Hz zerging the shit out of everyone. It's why 2015 is as big as it is now. Don't get me wrong I had some good times fighting massive battles against Hz and depending on the night, one guild would outnumber the other, but the most fun I had is when we were evenly matched. Then a battle could go on for hours. Going big also takes away from the laid back feeling, like you are sitting at a bar with friends, but instead you are playing a video game with someone thousands of miles away.

Ideally Demise wouldn't have super guilds, but would have guilds of maybe 5-7 people. It would be great, but it's never going to happen. For one spawns are checked too frequently. If you want to do Oaks or a Harrower you need extra people for the defense. The shard can be dead one minute and a couple of messages later you are fighting 10 people over an Oaks. 2015 suffers from the same issue SEGA did, to get big and compete with Hz's superior numbers you have to recruit a lot of people. Doing this makes vets that want to be a part of an elite group annoyed and bored because they are forced to play with someone below their skill level. Alvin hit it on the head. Hz has the numbers in better geared, overall skilled players. Sure on paper you can say its a 8vs8 or 4vs4 or whatever you want to tell yourself, but in reality some people count more than others because of the skill level involved. Granted have a 1v1 or 2v2 tournament and I'd put money on some of the top members of 2015. It all depends on who happens to be on that night and that goes for both sides.

All the more reason to set up a fight where there is even numbers at a spawn. Bragging rights on the line and such.

I can dig it and those days were fun. I wonder what things would be like if guilds had a 10-20 person limit? I mean, you could still ally and all that shit so maybe it's pointless but I wonder if that would change the mentality. If a guild was only 10 people.

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
all this shit talking and in every picture there's like 3-6 HZ and one or two of our guys... also i'd like to point out that Reefer would take on anyone that plays this server one VS one and fucking smoke them including trash fucking archers with no skill... so how about you guys stop these pictures on forums bullshit and start putting an gambling your orny in a one vs one verses reefer or SHUT THE FUCK UP..............
you already owe me an orny, child. Pipe down and quit talking on the behalf of reefer. The reason there are 3-6hz in every screen shot because this was at the end of our wipe and reefer was the last man standing....

Cry more....

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Had a feeling this would be the sentiment since it's Mister Pink proposing something fresh instead of MB. I don't really associate you or Suck lessons with the main HZ Zerg era. The same can be said of Corbin and Kolby.

Hz has the largest high quality players in a guild currently. Maybe Zerg isn't the appropriate term because Zerg were cheap units only effective in a huge force. I'd say most of y'all are competent pvpers, but 8vs8 isn't really an 8vs8 unless you have players of equal skill you are fighting against. My suggestion of 5 v 5 is so it will be more competitive.

You experienced the HZ Zerg I was referencing when we both were in LOLz together. I don't expect you to acknowledge that though. 3 people spawning on spawn characters getting raided by 10 people on pvp chars. More overkill than Zerg I guess.

What is wrong with you? You should beware yourself. I can understand you want to cultivate the PVP forums but this shouldn't took a place. Nothing can justify your low behaviour. That's not the first time, you always keep spamming to me a lot of crap. Anyway I find it pathetic Why i shouldn't run when it's 1v7? Better stay in the dog form, that's what reflects you now. A good bitch.

low.jpg