UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Someone explain

El Ugly 707

Traveler
So if uogamers owns both hybrid and demise how come demise gets all the updates, diversified events, and generally more attention (at least from what I can tell from their boards)? Where is the Hybrid love?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
So if uogamers owns both hybrid and demise how come demise gets all the updates, diversified events, and generally more attention (at least from what I can tell from their boards)? Where is the Hybrid love?
Demise gets more updates because it's a server that tends to try to keep in touch with many more current content of the OSI servers.

Therefore, the updates they get is stuff that has been implemented on OSI a long time, or not so long ago, in which the developers that works there decided that it should be added to Demise.

The era in which Hybrid is based does not warrant any update whatsoever, as it's based around it's era and it's been completed a while ago. The only things that can change on Hybrid is fixes, or custom modification that usually comes with 50/50 approval & denial from the population. Considering this, I wouldn't want to risk any updates on Hybrid.

MadeInQuebec

Also about the diversified event, I think it also has a big thing to do with the fact that Demise has a much more diversified playerbase than Hybrid does. So if they make some sort of different event, and participation peaks, this is probably the only reason they need to keep doing them and going forward with it.

Hybrid carries hardcore "set in their ways" players, would they be welcoming these types of event? Could they function with Hybrid's rule set? These are all the question that current Hybrid staffers would have to ask themselves before working the countless hours/days/weeks necessary for building an event that could last hours/days.

El Ugly 707

Traveler
They have a ton of different events. Not talking about major changes, but a little attention to the shard would be nice

MadeInQuebec

They have a ton of different events. Not talking about major changes, but a little attention to the shard would be nice

Yet you have PvP events every day or and sometimes many every day, and Demise only sees them once every other month (some players sometimes complain about this :p)

It's just a completely different mindset. I personally really enjoy the events on Demise, they allow for various different things and game that really does spice up the game even if it's just for a short time.

Why not just come hang there ;) I've been playing there for a over a year and it's very, very different from hybrid, but certainly is quite pleasant :)