UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SEHexception when trying to open Razor

XSu1c1deK1ngX

Sorceror
I know there is a similar thread to this but my computer is very old and due to all the things the author of the other thread included, the page kept freezing when I would scroll down.

When I open razor I get the following error code:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at Assistant.ClientCommunication.InitializeLibrary(String version)
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

I pasted the exact code into google and found that this code is related to the .net framework. On this system I am running windows vista with the latest compatible .net framework which is 4.5.

I've been running this version of razor on an even older machine with windows XP and .net 2.0 and it works fine.

Also, the one time I made it to the bottom of the other thread to see what shino said he asked about the crypt.dll file and mine is 181kb. Rounded probably.

And yes, I have ran razor as administrator, and I have ran it with and without compatibility mode.

EDIT:

Apparently razor worked on my other computer because I had not updated it. I'm running windows XP with .net framework 2.0 and I'm getting the same error message. Hoping this problem is fixed soon.

Last edited:

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
From the other thread:
Could you check if Crypt.dll is in your Razor folder? And what size it is? (Should be 185,344 bytes now.)

Have you tried installing it to a different folder?

Do you have any kind of anti-virus that might be preventing Razor from starting up normally?

Some things you could try:
  1. Reinstall Razor using the installer (this will make sure all the paths are set up correctly):
    http://uodemise.com/razor/Razor_Latest.exe
  2. Try disabling any anti-virus program you might have running. You may have to add an exception for Razor.exe to your anti-virus if this is causing the problem. (I remember Comodo Antivirus with real-time scanning enabled causing similar issues, for example.)

XSu1c1deK1ngX

Sorceror
So I'm still having this problem and I think it has to do with missing .dll files in the windows system. I have MS visual studio C++ 2010 and I used to to run a debug and I go this:

'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Razor\Razor.exe', Binary was not built with debug information.
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_e6967989\msvcr80.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.5512_x-ww_35d4ce83\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\mscorlib\9adb89fa22fd5b4ce433b5aca7fb1b07\mscorlib.ni.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorjit.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System\aa7926460a336408c8041330ad90929d\System.ni.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Drawing\6978f2e90f13bc720d57fa6895c911e2\System.Drawing.ni.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Windows.Forms\9a254c455892c02355ab0ab0f0727c5b\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Razor\Ultima.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Razor\Crypt.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\diasymreader.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.GdiPlus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.2600.5512_x-ww_dfb54e0c\GdiPlus.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTFIME.IME', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Razor.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xa48) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x1000989c in Razor.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.

I'm using Windows XP service pack 3.