UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

out of memory whille playing on uosteam

matiuo

Sorceror
upload_2015-3-15_13-35-12.png
as u can see i have this kind of problem while trying to start uo it somtimes dose show that and somtimes dosent. mainly when i have my pc restarted it helps but not alweys

kdivers

Knight
UOS is silly that way. If I ever run into the problem, I close chrome and make sure I don't have any huge things in the background running. Then again, I'm only on 4gb of RAM.

Samus Aran

Traveler
It looks like you need more virtual memory buddy. Goto "Computer" > System Properties > Advanced System Settings. You will see this dialog box. Click "Advanced".

1.png

Then click the "Settings..." icon under the Performance tab. You will then see this dialog screen:

2.png

Click the "Advanced" tab. Under Virtual Memory click "Change..."

This will bring up a dialog of various hard drives that you can configure to hold your Page File. A good rule of thumb is to at least have a page file that is 1.5 times the size of your RAM installed in your computer. For instance, if you have 4GB of RAM, you would do 4,096MB * 1.5 = 6,144MB. Remember, 1024MB = 1GB. Or ((1024 * 4) * 1.5) = 6,144MB.

3.png

Another example. If you had 16GB of RAM, you would do ((1024*16) * 1.5) = 24,576MB. (Which mine is set at). Because I have multiple hard drives, I have a hard drive that is dedicated to a page file. Especially in laptops where there is usually only one hard drive, this is not the norm. Considering a page file is 1.5 times the size of your onboard RAM, this file can take up a considerable amount of space.

Unfortunately with page files, they are a necessary evil. You have to sacrifice hard drive space in order for your applications to run smoothly. Hopefully this tutorial helps!

Orion Lighter

Sorceror
I'm sorry for resurrecting this, but I've reinstalled UO on my new system which is now on the 64bit version of Win 7 and I'm running into this same issue.

I have 16 gigs of RAM, and I've set my virtual memory to what you've suggested, but I'm still running into this error.

Is there any solution to this other than closing every single program running to utilize the first 4 gigs of RAM? Should I go back to Razor?

It looks like you need more virtual memory buddy. Goto "Computer" > System Properties > Advanced System Settings. You will see this dialog box. Click "Advanced".

Another example. If you had 16GB of RAM, you would do ((1024*16) * 1.5) = 24,576MB. (Which mine is set at).