UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update March 21, 2015 - Invis pots!

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
The following changes will be applied during server wars tonight:
  • Added invisibility potion and hovering wisp to the alchemy crafting menu. Both require a recipe, which can now be obtained from the tinker quests in Heartwood/Sanctuary.
  • Bolas can now be crafted using any type of leather or hides.
  • Spirit Speak can no longer be used during dueling sudden death.
  • Mining changes:
    • Ore sizes are no longer spawned randomly. The largest ore size is always given, unless the ore vein being mined no longer has enough ore for a large piece. So, you will typically only receive 1-2 smaller pieces when the vein runs out now.
    • The number of ore per vein has been reduced slightly to OSI standards.
    • Mining for sand has been made significantly faster.
  • Animate dead now spawns mounts using 0 control slots as well, however, a control slot is required when mounting one.
  • Dark fathers no longer throw bone piles into the Nix room.
  • Using the hiding skill will now properly stop any invisibility spell timer from revealing you when it runs out.
  • The tournaments event gate in Magincia has been moved to the New Magincia bank entrance. (X/Y 3750, 2230)
Questions and/or comments are welcome below.

Last edited:

kobra89pl

Sorceror
The following changes will be applied during server wars tonight:
  • Added invisibility potion and hovering wisp to the alchemy crafting menu. Both require a recipe, which can now be obtained from the tinker quests in Heartwood/Sanctuary.
  • Spirit Speak can no longer be used during dueling sudden death.
  • Using the hiding skill will now properly stop any invisibility spell timer from revealing you when it runs out.
  • The tournaments event gate in Magincia has been moved to the New Magincia bank entrance. (X/Y 3750, 2230)
:thumbsup:

MMMartin

Squire
yea... slightly

well 5x more recalls, 5x low hit mining 5x (lowest change gems...) , proably need 2-3 books now slightly ;)

suiris

Sorceror
Your potion keg seems to have a different description when empty : "A specially lined keg for potions"

Mine are like this, all of them.

And when trying to drop invis pots in them i get this error

upload_2015-3-23_12-44-29.png

upload_2015-3-23_12-43-11.png

I tried to create fresh potion kegs but they are the same as the ones i had before.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
hmmmm
I think this "slightly" is like 33%
Ore veins went from 10-34 random ore pieces (12% small, 43% medium, 45% large) to 15-55 units of small sized ore (medium consumes 2, large consumes 4). On average, a bank in Trammel with no racial bonus went from ~31 ingots to ~18. This is indeed pretty noticable. Though, you can still obtain a large haul as a human in Felucca. ;)

Invisibility potions cannot be put in kegs . Is this intended or is it a bug ?
Technically, this is accurate to the ML era. OSI fixed this in Publish 67 (during Stygian Abyss):
Invisibility potions can now be stored and removed properly from potion kegs.

However, we will be fixing this in the next update. :)

MMMartin

Squire
Ore veins went from 10-34 random ore pieces (12% small, 43% medium, 45% large) to 15-55 units of small sized ore (medium consumes 2, large consumes 4). On average, a bank in Trammel with no racial bonus went from ~31 ingots to ~18. This is indeed pretty noticable. Though, you can still obtain a large haul as a human in Felucca. ;)

before use one book 16 spots, make 10-11K ingots,
~31 ingots to ~18
mean it is maybe 60% mean... if will use 2 books* i make 13-14K ??? ingots ????

well i do 2 books 32 SPOTS***

and i make 9K hour (at table) and after frst round mining write NO ORE (14 min WAS start second round)*** this is a bit strangle if calculate 31 to 18 and my speed is enought make 32 spot during respawn again ORE,... so normal i have get about 13-14K ingots... it mean 31 to 18 (tramel)... and felucia 50 to 18 ???

and actualy no racial bonus
with my test human make 10-11K (before) and elf 9-10K (before), elf make more colors ore before more piece (what move at secure bag) and faul mining more offer (more offer faul if colors mining*) here was diference in total mining... so about human get bonus +10% at mining is a bit wrong, it dont work :)

Last edited:

Bama

Bug Huntress
Martin
The resource banks for ore were bumped about a year ago
Last week they were set back to the amount before the bump and then were made slightly less from there (I think)

Human's do not get 10% more ore they have a 10% chance to get an extra ore when they successfully mine up ore

MMMartin

Squire
ah, so if i undestend corect, was bump about 50+, and now them get back at 31 and make after back "slightly" 31 to 18, uf... yea it can be, now all clean:eek:
Human's do not get 10% more ore they have a 10% chance to get an extra ore when they successfully mine up ore
this is new for me, thanks for info

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Ore veins used to hold 10-34 ore (of random sizes), which on average would have been ~31 ingots when smelted. Before this update last year, that was the average amount for all facets. In Felucca, you would harvest twice as fast, but get the same amount of ore. By fixing that, we effectively doubled the ore you could get in Felucca.

What we didn't do back then was verify the accuracy of ore veins. That is what we (finally) did with this update. If you compare it with Trammel, the ore veins have gotten a lot smaller. For Felucca, however, the current ~36 ingots is better than the ~31 ingots from about a year ago. :)

Between last year's fix and now, we just had a little period of mining being too good.