UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

HYBRID PLATE

Lippy-

Sorceror
Yep its been out for years now with no dex loss .

I like to use mine sometimes to mess with other people that use it , it frustrates the hell out of them .

Long live Hybrid armor !

Vizeroth

Sorceror
just to be clear, you're saying hybrid armor is not overpowered against physical attacks?
Hybrid armor, while more fragile than normal armor, is overpowered in that it has the highest AR in the game and is extremely difficult to obtain. How much that matters is debatable (and you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

When changes are made in real life (e.g., due to laws) there often exists a grandfather clause because the option of stripping people of something they invested in to accommodate the new law is often worse than what the law is trying to accomplish. It should be clear how the two situations are analogous. The effect of Hybrid plate on PVP is overstated to the point of hyperbole, both because of its rarity and because AR often doesn't matter, and any AR beyond a certain amount is often useless even when AR is relevant. It isn't worth robbing those who invested in it just to effect a small change in PVP.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Hybrid armor is overpowered in that it has the highest AR in the game and is extremely difficult to obtain. How much that matters is debatable (and you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

When changes are made in real life (e.g., due to laws) there often exists a grandfather clause because the option of stripping people of something they invested in to accommodate the new law is often worse than what the law is trying to accomplish.
Ah good point sir. So, by your logic, if assault rifles were fully banned all those who own them will be allowed to keep them? I mean they are the most powerful yet they were extremely difficult to obtain already. How much that matters is debatable (you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

@GM Francis liked your post, which is actually kinda cool though I couldn't disagree more. At least I can I see the direction this shard is going for the first time in 2 months. Too bad nobody will take a public stand and make an actual thread announcing whether they are staying/going/being reintroduced. Clarity is scarce around these parts.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Ah good point sir. So, by your logic, if assault rifles were fully banned all those who own them will be allowed to keep them? I mean they are the most powerful yet they were extremely difficult to obtain already. How much that matters is debatable (you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

@GM Francis liked your post, which is actually kinda cool though I couldn't disagree more. At least I can I see the direction this shard is going for the first time in 2 months. Too bad nobody will take a public stand and make an actual thread announcing whether they are staying/going/being reintroduced. Clarity is scarce around these parts.
You really think the power difference between a a pistol and an assault rifle, and the effect that these weapons have on society, are comparable to what we're talking about? More importantly, you just compared an item in a video game to a weapon used to kill actual people. I'm not sure anything more needs to be said.

Who here thinks Ryan cares about if he fucks over a population of players or not, honestly? The reason he hasn't removed hybrid armor is highly structured in the fact that the players who own these items are generally the high donators.

Let's think about the facts.

Since I've began this server, Ryan has had NO issue re-releasing rares that dramatically devalued items in the past, fucking COUNTLESS of players over. With things such as CUB2 and CUB3, to the revamp of the Tailoring BOD system several years back that made rugs virtually worthless, making players like Sir Yoyo lose LOTS of wealth who had accrued MANY polar bear rugs, to re-releasing rare hued items, with names such as "fuck trammies" falon bandana and Christmas Gifts that have constantly re-released rare hues to the point where EVERYONE is buying up TONS of xmas gifts every year, until a year like this past one happens when complete fodder is inside of them, screwing everyone over. The server didn't benefit from the gold sink at all. Instead, gold was buyable at 5/mil from the donation store for several weeks/months.

Face it, Ryan cares very little if his actions or the server's actions fucks anybody up. The only reason this change hasn't been made, mind you at an 80% approval rating, is because those whom this would affect the most pay greatly into his pocket books.

If you don't believe me, have Ryan show the transactions.

UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP, DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH

Guidoglop

Wanderer
Hybrid armor, while more fragile than normal armor, is overpowered in that it has the highest AR in the game and is extremely difficult to obtain. How much that matters is debatable (and you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

When changes are made in real life (e.g., due to laws) there often exists a grandfather clause because the option of stripping people of something they invested in to accommodate the new law is often worse than what the law is trying to accomplish. It should be clear how the two situations are analogous. The effect of Hybrid plate on PVP is overstated to the point of hyperbole, both because of its rarity and because AR often doesn't matter, and any AR beyond a certain amount is often useless even when AR is relevant. It isn't worth robbing those who invested in it just to effect a small change in PVP.
I disagree on the extreme difficult to obtain I have 800m in Trammie items and gold along with my stock (valuing up to like 40m) and I could get a hybrid suit by the end of next week if I wanted but I do not because I used to love killing the rich dexxers and taking there armor and weps, so when you say it's a small change think about when you run out on a fully stocked dexxer with greater strength armor and an unblessed valorite weapon, then you will remember the true uo not this baby back bullshit

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I disagree on the extreme difficult to obtain I have 800m in Trammie items and gold along with my stock (valuing up to like 40m) and I could get a hybrid suit by the end of next week if I wanted but I do not because I used to love killing the rich dexxers and taking there armor and weps, so when you say it's a small change think about when you run out on a fully stocked dexxer with greater strength armor and an unblessed valorite weapon, then you will remember the true uo not this baby back bullshit
No, the true UO is mages with permanently blessed cheap-ass spellbooks and pennies worth of equipment crying about how they can't loot a factioner's multimillion-gold weapon. You'll forgive me if I'm unmoved by the complaints.
The only reason this change hasn't been made, mind you at an 80% approval rating
68.9% approval rating in a meaningless poll. No one is impressed.
Last I checked this is a computer game. You do know there is a difference in the two right ?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/video game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/video-game?q=video+game

Learn words before you attempt to correct people, little guy.

Guidoglop

Wanderer
No, the true UO is mages with permanently blessed cheap-ass spellbooks and pennies worth of equipment crying about how they can't loot a factioner's multimillion-gold weapon. You'll forgive me if I'm unmoved by the complaints.

68.9% approval rating in a meaningless poll. No one is impressed.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/video game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/video-game?q=video game

Learn words before you attempt to correct people, little guy.
If you read my statement I said I run around with unblessed valorite and greater strength armor ask your guild they took 20 minutes to kill me while I was stammed out