UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dusting off my PVPer, looking for template advice

So I'm going to dust off one of my PVP chars and get him back out on to the field and into the dungeons. I haven't played this guy in a while but I used to have tons of success with him.

I'm looking for a bit of advice, cause this guy has a strange template. As it sits right now, he is:

90 Alchemy
80 Anatomy
100 Evaluating Intelligence
60 Inscription
100 Magery
100 Meditation
90 Resisting Spells
80 Wrestle

As you can see, he is not your average 7X.

My questions are, this guy worked out great for me back in the day. Enough stats to stun, get some alchy bonus and some extra circles of reflect from his inscription.

With the shard taking the direction it has, and lightning wands being so common, I'm wondering if this template will still get the job done, or should I change it up a bit?

I'm thinking maybe I should drop my med by ten points and put those into resisting spells? Maybe into Alchemy? Do the last ten points of Alchemy give enough of a bonus to worry about, or is it negligible? Is it good where its at and the last ten points make that much of a difference for Meditation?

I'm really thinking going the 100 Magic Resist is the best route, but I'd like to get some advice from others who have been PVPing more recently than me.

What do you guys think? Any advice?

TheHawks

Sorceror
You should probably just make a normal alchy stun mage. GM magery, med, resist, eval, alchy, wrestling and anat. Inscription is mainly used in team pvp where you can use the extra reflect to minimize synchronized magic damage from multiple enemys. While your reflect is on cooldown you would rely on cross healing from your teammates. Using inscription for solo pvp basically turns you into a 6x character while you are waiting for the cooldown. Well, I guess it would make you a 7x in your case. Personally I'd rather have full resist, anat, wrestling and alchy, so I can stun reliably, resist more damage and get the most out of my purples.
Also I would just suggest you make a whole new character. It will probably cost you less time and regs to just start from the beginning instead of training tough skills when you are already at 700 skill points. An alchy stun can be macroed in less than 8 hours if you pay attention to changing your macros to the right spell/potion when needed. Having 4 mages to cast mana vampire on you also helps with resist. If you want I'll macro your resist for you at no charge, as long as you start your char with 50 resist an lock all other skills when we macro it. Contact info below.

I'm thinking maybe I should drop my med by ten points and put those into resisting spells? Maybe into Alchemy? Do the last ten points of Alchemy give enough of a bonus to worry about, or is it negligible? Is it good where its at and the last ten points make that much of a difference for Meditation?

I'm really thinking going the 100 Magic Resist is the best route, but I'd like to get some advice from others who have been PVPing more recently than me.

What do you guys think? Any advice?
I'm not a big fan of inscribe, but finding 10 points to get 100 resist will be your single best route. The ability to resist poisons begins at I believe 94 or 97, and GM gives double the chance of when it first starts out, if that makes any sense.

Times have changed though. Dropping your meditation if you plan on using tons of gheal/lightning wands may be viable because they do not require mana, thus you can save a lot of mana. Costly, but IDK what your plans are with item usage.

As stated above by the late great dirt mcgirt, alchy stun setup is pretty tried and true. It's stronger offensively than your template but just lacks the 60 inscribe, which is negligible at best defensively, especially solo pvp.

And for every 10 points of alchemy, it increases the damage of the potion by 1. And your defensive wrestling abilities will mean you will probably get stunned a lot more often than you'd like to be.

It's a new era. I don't know when you last played that the setup was very successful, and it may still find success today just based on your individual player skill level, but you have to realize the average skill level of this server has gone up drastically since whenever you last played.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll start a new alchy stun mage soon, and would love to have that help with resist thats been offered. I'll be in touch!