UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RP Oustpost for Good Guys

YewGuards

Sorceror
Some of you may recall that we use to have an alliance of anti pks and light rp guilds back in the day. Basically we would patrol the city limits and hang out at a centralized location. When a report comes in of pk activity or newbies in need of help, we use guild chat to send help.Our first location was in Occlo during the "Tenebrae circa." We later moved to Delucia before it was shut down. So now I'm thinking we could patrol Britain's farmlands.

It's a lot of fun and provides you with something to do in between pvp and pvm. Plus you're contributing to the shard as a whole by helping newbies and showing activity other than bank sitting.

If anyone's interest. We only ask that you join our guild or ally our guild. If you want to ally, just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Denkketa of The Night's Watch (Grd)

TheBorrower

Sorceror
I would be happy to build an RP "House" or "Building" for the RP community in the farms if you can get some buy-in from the community as a whole.
A centralized location for the RP community could serve a great purpose in helping to pull folks together. I think it's a great idea.

Also I would love to ally grd. My guild is -rp- and is a generic guild for any Rpers that don't fit in to some of the themed guilds.

YewGuards

Sorceror
A centralized location for the RP community could serve a great purpose in helping to pull folks together. I think it's a great idea.

Also I would love to ally grd. My guild is -rp- and is a generic guild for any Rpers that don't fit in to some of the themed guilds.
Perfect and I remember you from the old days of "Tenebrae." :)

Are you going to be on tonight the same time?

TheBorrower

Sorceror
Perfect and I remember you from the old days of "Tenebrae." :)

Are you going to be on tonight the same time?

I probably won't be on tonight.

More on the "outpost", though. If we could make it a somewhat theme-agnostic sort of area (assuming Ryan's the one putting it in place, and not a particular guild) it could serve as the center of RP activity.

I remember on Atlantic, there was always a tavern or two that you could 100% find someone to interact with during normal play hours. These places served as a catalyst for building the community and tons of RP fun.

As you all know, a spread out player-base is no good. RPers already being a minority of players, really could use a central location to frequent.

Not that it needs to be a purpose built location - there are tons of perfectly fine NPC structures in Britain and even farmhouses in the farmlands that could be used.

So if you carry forward on building a Grd outpost and make it open to the general populace, that'd be great. If not, maybe we can decide on an NPC building to use. And of course if Ryan wants to contribute, that'd be absolutely wonderful... but we definitely have options to discuss!

Patrolling the Britain farms sounds like fun! I'm not any good at PvP but I'd love to join sometime.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I agree, whatever is made should be for the general public and not a guild. I would just make it consist of a good aligned rp theme. That way you could get casual folk, anti pks and newbie mentors in one spot. It could also help balance the shard a little and newbies in the process.

I got your pm, let's connect sometime this weekend.

TheBorrower

Sorceror
I agree, whatever is made should be for the general public and not a guild. I would just make it consist of a good aligned rp theme. That way you could get casual folk, anti pks and newbie mentors in one spot. It could also help balance the shard a little and newbies in the process.

I got your pm, let's connect sometime this weekend.

I think that's one way the RP community can really stand out and be a benefit to the server as a whole - make a focused effort to welcome new players to the server and assist them in getting started. That way we're not just a self serving community, but actually helping to nurture the shard itself.

I plan to use my guild, -RP-, to do just this once I build up some more resources.

YewGuards

Sorceror
If you're on today, hop in #orc irc channel and let's chat about potential locations. I already put the word out to a few rp guilds on other shards.

YewGuards

Sorceror
If anyone is interested, please join one of the few good alighened guilds or start one. We only ask that you at least require "light rp" for your members. Then send myself or TheBorrower a pm.

YewGuards

Sorceror
Lately, I have been hanging out at Salty Dog Tavern and Brit bridge. Please feel free to pm me if you want to ally or join a good aligned rp guild.

YewGuards

Sorceror
We now have an official hang out, which is also the new player house. Good aligned folk will be able to patrol here, store items and interact with new players as well. We may even schedule new player/mentor vs orc raids. This should provide an fun and exciting experience for any new players.

If you find this thread appealing to you and want to participate. Please send me a pm!

Kingllama

Knight
I use run SOK for awhile and I was apart COA and cult of exodus with splittah. I might join back and I do have rp character available.

YewGuards

Sorceror
You're more than welcome to join or ally Night's Watch (Grds). Get on irc and shoot me a pm or look for Uniden in game.

PS: I miss the SOK guys!

Samus Aran

Traveler
Some of you may recall that we use to have an alliance of anti pks and light rp guilds back in the day. Basically we would patrol the city limits and hang out at a centralized location. When a report comes in of pk activity or newbies in need of help, we use guild chat to send help.Our first location was in Occlo during the "Tenebrae circa." We later moved to Delucia before it was shut down. So now I'm thinking we could patrol Britain's farmlands.

It's a lot of fun and provides you with something to do in between pvp and pvm. Plus you're contributing to the shard as a whole by helping newbies and showing activity other than bank sitting.

If anyone's interest. We only ask that you join our guild or ally our guild. If you want to ally, just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Denkketa of The Night's Watch (Grd)

Just remember:

Not all reds are your enemies, and not all blues are your allies. ;-) I tend to discern who is friend/foe by guild tags and through personal experience--which is acquired by interacting with players. Especially to newer players in town who approach me with respect, I tend to give a helping hand. Perhaps you and I are actually on the same side (wanting for role play on this shard and all for helping newbies), but because I am red, you attack me?

Come to the dark side... we have cookies.