UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Prospector's Tool appears to be broken

Rickkwan

Traveler
Should give a one level increase but it doesn't. If I mine a spot and get a copper ore, using the tool tells me I can mine copper there when it should be bronze.

raveX

Page
Are you using gargoyle pickaxes? They also give you one level ore above.
  • Spot you are mining is Agapite
  • Mine with a gargoyle pickaxe gives you Verite
  • Use prospector tools on that spot
  • Mining now with regular shovel/pickaxe will yield verite
  • Continuing with Gargoyle pickaxe will now yield valorite
Using the two tools together will give you two ore levels above what the spot would provide with base shovel/hammer (unless base level is verite or valorite...can't get two levels up here)

Reactions: Eos

Rickkwan

Traveler
Gargoyle pickaxes are functioning correctly. As my screenshot shows, when I use it on an ore vein, it's telling me the same level I just mined. If I bring up copper, the tool tells me I can mine copper when it should be saying bronze.

raveX

Page
Gargoyle pickaxes are functioning correctly. As my screenshot shows, when I use it on an ore vein, it's telling me the same level I just mined. If I bring up copper, the tool tells me I can mine copper when it should be saying bronze.

From what I am seeing here, everything is working as intended and correct. It is just your understanding of what is going on that needs to be fixed. Let's see if this helps:
  • Although similar in behavior, what these two tools do are in fact different
  • Prospector tools will actually increase an ore vein's yield type by one level, and this will always be based on the original value (what a regular pickaxe/shovel would have provided).
  • Gargoyle pickaxes will not increase the ore vein's yield type, it will simply pull the next level up, but the original yield type will remain (try using a regular pickaxe/shovel after using a gargoyle pickaxe and you will see this).
So:
  • An ore location is Shadow ore
  • If I mine with a Gargoyle pickaxe, I will get Copper ore, but the base level of this vein is still Shadow
  • If I then mine with a regular tool, I will still be able to get Shadow ore
  • If I use a Prospector tool, it will increase the base level (Shadow) up one yield type higher to Copper and will tell me "You sift through...and find...Copper"
  • Despite the fact I already got Copper from using a Gargoyle pickaxe, the base level of this vein remained at Shadow until I used the Prospector tool
  • The new modified base level of this ore vein is now Copper
  • After using the Prospector tool and I mine with a Gargoyle pickaxe I will get Bronze
  • After using the Prospector tool and I mine with a regular pickaxe/shovel I will get Copper
  • After using the Prospector tool, I will no longer be able to mine Shadow

Rickkwan

Traveler
Well, the prospector tool I was using has ran out of charges and disappeared. The new prospector tool is functioning correctly.

I have no idea what the heck happened with the previous tool but the screenshot I posted earlier shows exactly what I was seeing. Oh well, the new one works fine so I'm not going to worry about it any more!

Thanks for the replies.