UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise Items for irl cash *question*

hickman48

Knight
I think his thought process was similar to his when he allowed AUO; originally a cheat program: Why enforce rules that cannot be enforced? Atleast this way all benefit from it, and not just a select few that choose to break the rules.

Sadly this is why client modifications and easy uo are also allowed on demise.

Geaux

Sorceror
So when a gm makes a perfect 4 mod bow and sells for $500. What are they gonna do? Delete it?

Geaux

Sorceror
Dosnt this game have rumors of past gm corruption , making items etc? So now people will log on to sell their perfect wpn armor and jewels :)

Diz

Wanderer
I will play devil's advocate for just a split second, and say this - sometimes, owning pay to play scrubs who dropped a boatload of cash to derphard with in a game can be satisfying. Almost as satisfying as... a burrito.

Uomvp

Knight
On a side note. I do want to say i'm sorry to Gm Francis and especially Suzy. The amount of work they put it can't be overlooked. They tried to make it a better place for people but the population is dog shit. If no one has seen the shit that goes on it's ridiculous. People facebook stalking each other, posting pictures of others with a d*** in their mouth and the list can go on forever.

Geaux

Sorceror
On a side note. I do want to say i'm sorry to Gm Francis and especially Suzy. The amount of work they put it can't be overlooked. They tried to make it a better place for people but the population is dog shit. If no one has seen the shit that goes on it's ridiculous. People facebook stalking each other, posting pictures of others with a d*** in their mouth and the list can go on forever.
Lol

Whatever98

Squire
just as an interesting point, kind of on topic but not really, you know the chinese gold farmers are real, and it's actually prison labor. when they sellin it for dollars it's actually worth a lot once they change it to Yuan or whatever it is, and the prisons are privatized so they try to make a profit. it's proper classed as hard labor tho lol

Geaux

Sorceror
just as an interesting point, kind of on topic but not really, you know the chinese gold farmers are real, and it's actually prison labor. when they sellin it for dollars it's actually worth a lot once they change it to Yuan or whatever it is, and the prisons are privatized so they try to make a profit. it's proper classed as hard labor tho lol
OMG if I ever get sent to prison I want to go there.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Keep in mind. It is only pixels. As an artist and local server owner I spent years alone building a world adding new art and improving the graphics. Only to realize that is was the interactions I was missing. Computers break, internet bills sometimes can't be paid. You can loose all your virtual possessions. You should never pay real cash for in game items. Unless you are donating to keep the server running. If you do this you are cheating yourself out of the experience. I sometimes feel guilty paying gold for an item I want just because, I didn't achieve it myself.

marcusstone

Sorceror
So when a gm makes a perfect 4 mod bow and sells for $500. What are they gonna do? Delete it?
I believe the GM corruption was long, long ago, and those items were removed from the shard. There are ways to tell staff created objects, just by bringing up the properties menu. Any Staff member that created in game items would be caught as soon as the weapon or item surfaced, and was brought public. I think "Staff corruption" was more likely just xaviers way of feeling important.
I don't think staff created items would become an issue, and if they did, they wouldn't be an issue for long.

Geaux

Sorceror
I believe the GM corruption was long, long ago, and those items were removed from the shard. There are ways to tell staff created objects, just by bringing up the properties menu. Any Staff member that created in game items would be caught as soon as the weapon or item surfaced, and was brought public. I think "Staff corruption" was more likely just xaviers way of feeling important.
I don't think staff created items would become an issue, and if they did, they wouldn't be an issue for long.

Ah ok that sounds good. I did hear a rumor that there was a valorite hammer before that had unlimited charges, made by a gm. So would the resulting ubber wpns be deleted...because they couldnt tell if it was gm created it was created by a player with a valorite hammer with unlimited charges.

crackhead

Knight
marcus was a couple years ago and half the best armor ingame is from that staff member. ever hear of Charlie armor? the name has dropped off it but the armor is everywhere