UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Poll - Should AOE be true AOE?

Should Area of Affect spells truly be Area of Affect and hit anyone in their path?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
How Reds Are At A Disadvantage.(just off the top of my head im sure there are more then this)
-They have no guards to protect them.
-They can be attacked by anyone without consequence.
- When they attack they can no longer flee, gate out, or hide in guards.
-Blues with no counts can recall out when attacked, reds cannot.
-They have to fight on guard zones to even get a fight against blues giving them no were to hide while the blue can hide.
-They cannot access any town bank(aside from occolo or bucs)
Ya see son, back in my day them there murder'uhs was not even allowed in them there towns.

it sounds crazy but, Reds PK'd in dungeons and guard lines, while oranges factioned in towns.

I mean for real man, they're fucking murders. They murder people. There's a reason they are handicapped. Red v Blue should be the biggest decision in UO.. not red faction tamer or red faction alchy mage.

Brett Thomas

Wanderer
Yes all area spells should hit everything like the original UO days. I don't know about the potions as I havnt played in a while but an explosion potion should hit anything in its way. But using a cure, heal, refresh potion should only only affect the one using it on himself. It only makes sense to keep it in the realm of reality. I know this game is a work of fiction but it has many reality characteristics to it as well and the game is far better with Area of Affect being used along the lines of reality regardless of what someone thinks it should be like because they want an advantage. And yes EV's and BS's should attack everyone including the caster like it was originally. Many don't know how it originally was thus they simply cannot understand where we are coming from about the Area of Effect being along the lines of reality.

Last edited:

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Seems like everyone who posted this agreed with me and others that this is stupid and caters to the reds. Seems like regardless of what anyone said in this thread it was getting changed.

well now Fire Fields, Poison Fields, and Para fields serve no real purpose anymore. basically made all the fucking mages farming spells wave a big flag in the air to come count them

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
id also like see the results to this poll because i remember it being VERY Close.

We just got a shit load of votes for YES and way more people posting saying dont do it?

lol ooooook

Ghost was the only one who tried to make an argument, but wasn't much of one at all.

You just seemed afraid of getting horse whacked.

It's not a problem now.

When the rules were true aoe, there was more variety, and less alchies.

Was wonderful.

Well considering everyone who voted yes is clearly a guard hugger... This would only increase the amount of pussies in Britain.. This server is a "PVP" server, really lucky it even has guard zones, hasn't there been a ton of handouts that say "fuck trammies"?..

Anyways this would be crazy considering most of the pvp happens in Britain now, meaning blues can just run out and try to gank reds, if things don't go their way they just run back in to guard zone and hide behind npcs, and blue players. I don't understand why blues want less and less reds around, it makes for no pvp? Why the hell wouldn't you want to give murderers a little freedom? The more reds, the move pvp...sad.

when potions hit area of effect, there was literrally 0 pvp in town.. when a newb logs in and sees pvp at britain bank [whereever] it shows them there is action

to be found on our server
Exactly. These carebears want less reds because they are ignorant to the fact that reds are the main thing that provides pvp. The more, the better..

amtothepm

Knight
Well considering everyone who voted yes is clearly a guard hugger... This would only increase the amount of pussies in Britain.. This server is a "PVP" server, really lucky it even has guard zones, hasn't there been a ton of handouts that say "fuck trammies"?..

Anyways this would be crazy considering most of the pvp happens in Britain now, meaning blues can just run out and try to gank reds, if things don't go their way they just run back in to guard zone and hide behind npcs, and blue players. I don't understand why blues want less and less reds around, it makes for no pvp? Why the hell wouldn't you want to give murderers a little freedom? The more reds, the move pvp...sad.
I was being facetious