UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dirt Buttsquirt asked, and he shall receive...

I'm on a 50 Meg connection and I typically get about 600-900 frames but y.ou're some how able to run screens ahead of me at all times and not to mention everybody else?

Everybody knows you speed hack.

It's okay you suck, nobody blames you

Your ping to the server does more for your speed than your connection speed and your fps. UO, and most games in general, don't have a high downstream speed requirement. Internet stability is much more important than speed (unless you're downloading other things at the same time).

You also run a slightly bit faster on razor, generally, than on sallos.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Point, set, match. Game over Jizzeroth.
You have no idea how pathetic it is that you believe that, especially given what you quoted. You and the mouse are eventually going to have to face the reality that you're not nearly as good as you think you are.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
_raserei post: 4099317 said:
Your ping to the server does more for your speed than your connection speed and your fps. UO, and most games in general, don't have a high downstream speed requirement. Internet stability is much more important than speed (unless you're downloading other things at the same time).

You also run a slightly bit faster on razor, generally, than on sallos.
As a network engineer and security consultant, I know exactly how servers and networks work, and no matter the distance between the user and the server, the person's ping will average providing a guarantee that each user should send location packets to the server on a regular basis. The precise real-time location of each user at any given moment is never exact, however the distance between the user and the server has negligible effects on how quickly they can run. A person with good ping theoretically should keep pace with somebody of the same ping.

End of story, he speed hacks. I have it on video.

You're a goof.

You can use all of the theories you want, that doesn't change the amount of factors in play, such as what client you're using. Hybrid has code to prevent users from moving X distance in X amount of time, counteracting speed-hacking.

Not only have I played this game for too many years, I have done coding for it. I have also been accused of cheating and speed-hacking, SOO many times.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
You're a goof.

You can use all of the theories you want, that doesn't change the amount of factors in play, such as what client you're using. Hybrid has code to prevent users from moving X distance in X amount of time, counteracting speed-hacking.

Not only have I played this game for too many years, I have done coding for it. I have also been accused of cheating and speed-hacking, SOO many times.
I have coded for UO before as well, depending on the server and parameters set, there are always ways around it. If you believe there aren't, then you obviously don't understand coding or game engines. Vulnerabilities in UO's engine allow for a host of injectable and non-injectable changes to be made. Hybrid is no exception. Just because they count how quickly somebody steps between one tile and another doesn't mean there are not work arounds to spoof distance ran.

Death To You

Sorceror
I haven't seen anyone speed hack in quite some time. Would be best to post the video you said you have Destroyer so we all can see. On a side note, as long as you have a stable connection and don't experience fps drops then you should be running as fast as you can.

amtothepm

Knight
I haven't seen anyone speed hack in quite some time. Would be best to post the video you said you have Destroyer so we all can see. On a side note, as long as you have a stable connection and don't experience fps drops then you should be running as fast as you can.
you obv don't play that often :(

Death To You

Sorceror
you obv don't play that often :(
I have been playing a decent amount, last time I saw someone truly speed hacking was back when people started using cheat engine before mark fixed it. It seems to be a common occurrence when someone gets away that they blame it on speed hacking. Best thing to do is to record and post the video if you think someone is speed hacking - so we can see if they actually are, and something can be done about it.