UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

runic hammer mods...

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
No, the mods pulled will be unique as a list is maintained for what random numbers you already rolled. I tested that just to be sure it was working correctly. I think Eos got the problems that occurred with any regularity. My only concern left would be the use of static objects to track all of this, but on the scale of operations completing in milliseconds, it would take absolute perfect timing to see lost mods due to that. That is also assuming these operations are running in multiple threads, of which I cannot be sure. This was my first look at RunUO code.
All calls to the runic tool code occur on the same thread. :)

Kiluad

Sorceror
Just looking at the code you posted, could it be re-applying the same mod? Hence over writing a mod.

Ie 1st roll : you get life leech 30%
2nd roll : you get life leech 50%

Item appears with 1 mod with life leech 50%.

Just reading what's coded there, I didn't see an obvious check to see if a specific mod was already given. Please note it's been many many years since I wrote code.

if ( !m_Props )
m_Possible[avail++] = i;
It checks the mods when it picks.
If it's not there it adds to the list.
once it's picked, later, it's told its been picked.
m_Props.Set( v, true );

Kallitcha

Squire
if ( !m_Props )
m_Possible[avail++] = i;
It checks the mods when it picks.
If it's not there it adds to the list.
once it's picked, later, it's told its been picked.
m_Props.Set( v, true );
Ahhh missed that... Like I said it's been a while since I read or wrote code... Ty