UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soulstones...lost skills

raveX

Page
So, I lost a lot of skill off a donation store soulstone.
  • I had 112.6 provoke on the soulstone
  • I pulled the skill off onto my character
  • Only somewhere around 44 skill actually showed on my char for a total of 642.1 skill points
  • The rest of the skill vanished
As you can see, I would have been over the skill cap (mine is 710) if I were to accept the skill. Normally it has been my experience that I would receive a dialog preventing me from taking the skill off as it would place my character over the skill cap. It however did not, and in the process I lost a huge amount of skill.

Just prior to pulling the provoke off, I pulled 100 music from another soulstone, so in very rapid procession I clicked soulstone 1, pulled music, click soulstone 2, pulled provoke, skill lost.

This sucks because I bought a 7x skill ball (and the soulstone) to get skills I did not want to train up, provoke being one of those.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
I'm reviewing the soulstone code and I don't see how that is possible. There are two outcomes of pulling the skill; either you get an error message or the exact value from the stone is set onto your character.

What does happen fairly regularly (especially for players who switch skills often) though, is that skills are pulled accidentally without having enough free space and with another skill pointed down. The soulstone will consume skill points from that skill to acquire enough free space.

It sounds to me like you might've claimed 67.9 musicianship (or another skill) off a soulstone with your provocation pointed down (perhaps because you thought the stone was empty and wanted to store it) at the skill cap. This would've taken your provocation skill from 112.6 to 44.7. If you then put the incorrectly pulled skill back in the stone, you'd be left with the 642.1 total.

raveX

Page
Well, I appreciate you looking at it. I moved this skill around a few times recently, and while I feel pretty sure it was at 112.6 just before I performed the actions I described above, I will allow that there is a chance that I lost it in the manor you described in one of the other moves leading up to that and just did not notice until that point.

The good news is that I macroed that skill up to my 115 cap already.

On a side note, if it was me designing the system, I would make a confirmation required if you were set to lose existing skills (pointing out skills that are at risk to being lost) and not assume the user has their locks set correctly. I have shaken my head a few times with the decisions the UO developers have made.

Thanks EOS, and if I was at fault I apologize for wasting your time.