UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Old Account

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
I have an old account (probably 4 or 5 years old) that I haven't logged onto in probably that same time. I don't believe the account is bound to an email address and even if it was I am willing to bet that I don't use the same email address. Am I totally screwed here or is there anything I can do to try to get back on my old account or is there any staff that would be willing to assist me? I'd be willing to donate to reactivate if necessary.

Thanks!

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I don't think there's a way to retrieve unregistered accounts :/ If you use the same pc and still have your uo installed, you can see account names as folders created in your uo data folder. But you'd still need the password even if u found the username. Unless your razor was set to remember passwords. Then your golden.

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
That's what I figured. I have the username, just no idea what my password was. ;( Even if I was to stumble on my old password, the account isn't locked due to inactivity is it?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
easy way to tell is to try and log in with any password at all.

if it takes ya to the character creation menu then the account was either deleted or your username was mistyped. if it tells you incorrect password then it's prob your old account and you can start plugging in passwords you think may work till you get it.

from that point on you'll prob need Ryan or suzy to get the correct password. can't see them doing that unless u can prove it's yours somehow though.

Chubbs

Hybrid Staff Member
the worst case scenario you can always page in game. I may not be on every minute of the day, if you page in me or possibly someone else may be able to recover your old account. if it was tied to a email. ive done this before to a old email that was deleted I just remade the same email and had passwords sent to it without issues.. you may be able to try our recovery website http://www.uohybrid.com/reset/ if that doesn't work feel free to page in game. I or another administrator would be happy to assist you in retrieving an old account of yours.

Tobias

Sorceror
Hijacking thread:

What if you have an account, that is registered to an email you have no access to anymore?
One of my accounts is registered to an email that got hacked by koreans ages ago, so I cant access it.

Is it possible to change the mail of the account?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Hijacking thread:

What if you have an account, that is registered to an email you have no access to anymore?
One of my accounts is registered to an email that got hacked by koreans ages ago, so I cant access it.

Is it possible to change the mail of the account?
But then people with minimal info on others could possibly gain access to accounts that are not theirs iid think?

Tobias

Sorceror
But then people with minimal info on others could possibly gain access to accounts that are not theirs iid think?

Well for my problem, I can give the email used for the account (since it's my account)
But I have no access to my old mail, at all I even lost my MSN Messenger back then(and yes it is that old :D)

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Well for my problem, I can give the email used for the account (since it's my account)
But I have no access to my old mail, at all I even lost my MSN Messenger back then(and yes it is that old :D)
What I'm getting at more is like let's say we're bros and I let u use my account (I know that's a number 1 rule not to do but just an example) but knowing I'm the only one with access to my email (email is easy to get once you can access the account) so then I change my password knowing you can't reset it. Then I take a break for a year and you decide to use that tactic to loot my account? Lol prob could explained that better but you know what I mean.

In no way am I saying this is what "you" are trying to do but just a loophole I could see being exploited like crazy :/

Tobias

Sorceror
In no way am I saying this is what "you" are trying to do but just a loophole I could see being exploited like crazy :/

Can't the GM's see the IP that logged into the account last?
If they have a log they can see I have been using this account almost everytime I play UO :)

I still have access to my account (with the email that needs a change) I just fear for my account safety due to random disconnects (as in really really REALLY random disconnects).