UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Updates 30 August 2014

Details? Seems to me that their damage went from 19-30 to 19-25. Nerf?

I ask because I'd like 100% confirmation as to why you or staff decided to piss on this servers top template for nearly 11 years. This directly nerfed alchy stuns, and did minimal to alchy dexxers.

If change is your goal, that's fine. But release the details before you insult me with some political dodge, please.

lucascyb

Sorceror
Details? Seems to me that their damage went from 19-30 to 19-25. Nerf?

I ask because I'd like 100% confirmation as to why you or staff decided to piss on this servers top template for nearly 11 years. This directly nerfed alchy stuns, and did minimal to alchy dexxers.

If change is your goal, that's fine. But release the details before you insult me with some political dodge, please.

I love how people demand customer service and even a explination on a FREE shard. FREE bitch why would you ever think your entitled to anything you don't pay for lol. Let me guess your on welfare and food stamps too ...

And top template HAHAHA bitch I would roll any stun alchy or any fucking template all day long on a tamer, but what that's not a template huh.

Last edited:

lucascyb

Sorceror
He obviously doesn't cater to anyone. He nerfed bolas pretty much and u don't see us crying or demanding answers. Just keep playing.

White Lotus

Sorceror
Just listen to Ghost already instead of whoever is giving you these wacky ideas. Stronger Mares? Bola tamer was already the most ridiculous OP template out there. I think all pvpers could agree if anything needed a nerf itd be pet dmg to humans. There is no reason ALL KILL and one button should instantly kill someone when every single other template requires combos and luck.

As far as nerfing explo pots goes I couldnt care either way but IMO you should have made other templates and skills more viable instead of weakening the most played one. A good way to do that would be improving dexers by making all weapon dmg and hit chances scail differently and making all weapons have a special hit that you must toggle "on" just like stun. Take away some of the randomness of dexers and make them not some item based(runics).

With the negative part said I would like to say the bows and new wood are great and a good idea. I have archer i fool around with but he hasnt been viable hopefully this makes him a little more realistic. In the same way you have made the archer stronger just do that for the other templates and return aclky to normal and you will have the correct formula to improving pvp.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
This is a meaningless sentence. What "spectrum?" Modified how?

Obviously you're having a hard time understanding.

Damage is a spectrum from low to high. There were odd peaks and valleys in the spectrum of damage, therefore we went ahead and made that damage more linear.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Just listen to Ghost already instead of whoever is giving you these wacky ideas. Stronger Mares? Bola tamer was already the most ridiculous OP template out there. I think all pvpers could agree if anything needed a nerf itd be pet dmg to humans. There is no reason ALL KILL and one button should instantly kill someone when every single other template requires combos and luck.

As far as nerfing explo pots goes I couldnt care either way but IMO you should have made other templates and skills more viable instead of weakening the most played one. A good way to do that would be improving dexers by making all weapon dmg and hit chances scail differently and making all weapons have a special hit that you must toggle "on" just like stun. Take away some of the randomness of dexers and make them not some item based(runics).

With the negative part said I would like to say the bows and new wood are great and a good idea. I have archer i fool around with but he hasnt been viable hopefully this makes him a little more realistic. In the same way you have made the archer stronger just do that for the other templates and return aclky to normal and you will have the correct formula to improving pvp.

I'm not listening to anyone... and obviously if you've looked at a hybrid mare you'd realize that it's not worth the hassle to tame it for anything other than its rarity or the status. It's hardly stronger than the current nightmare, it's just very rare.

A lot of the changes being worked on for things like factions etc are in process, on the test center and are going to take some time... I surely havent seen you on the test server what-so-ever so while your input is nice... it's simply not valid. You're not participating int he process... you're just happy to sit back and bitch no matter what happens because it's not *your* design.

If you want to be involved and offer feedback that's valid, please by all means get on the test server and start testing... otherwise I'd suggest you just enjoy what you've been given.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Oh and one last thing Ghost, pots weren't nerfed. That's pretty obvious, they still are still rocking peoples heads as we speak.

Alkiser

Administrator

Hey chicken little, calm down. As Ryan stated, maybe you should log into the test center and make constructive feedback on changes.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Everyones crying about how alchy stuns will suck now. If you played when the server first started no one needed to carry a keg of pots and 100 wands to be decent. I wish things would go back to like they were way back then.

While that was fun, it's next to impossible... in general players have to adapt... though when you run algorithms against the statistical data it does show some anomalies that need to be fixed. In addition we will introduce anomalies with changes... that is part of what keeps the game 'fresh'.

What people need to do is have fun.... and try out new things... interestingly enough we've got a lot of players online and right now approximately 31% of them are engaged in active PVP.

Oh and one last thing Ghost, pots weren't nerfed.
Cmon please don't lie lol. I see how nerfed it is just watching a few duels. Chopping off the top end damage doesn't make it more linear, it simply nerfs the potion by 5.

The damage rates went from 19-30, to 19-25. Why not make it 22-27? Thats a little more 'linear' yes? Unwarranted and boring, but still more effective than chopping off the top 5 damage.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Cmon please don't lie lol. I see how nerfed it is just watching a few duels. Chopping off the top end damage doesn't make it more linear, it simply nerfs the potion by 5.

The damage rates went from 19-30, to 19-25. Why not make it 22-27? Thats a little more 'linear' yes? Unwarranted and boring, but still more effective than chopping off the top 5 damage.

The topend damage was cut back, this is not a nerf. A nerf would be making LE do 1 E do 2 and GE do 3 damage. That's a nerf.

The damage by cost of acquisition is linear now, as is the damage by potion level etc... I could go on and on, you may not like it but it is a fact.

Bitching about it is not going to make a change... as for duels... I'm more concerned about the players in the field than the ones who sit in a duel pit and pretend to be pvpers... and while you may not like that attitude it's just the way I feel. I don't know why duel pits are so enticing to someone's ePeen.

In addition we do need to wipe the duel ladder while I am thinking about it.

First off, if you wipe the duel ladder can you give rewards for the top duelers at the end of the month? Then rewipe/reset? Maybe add some incentive to achieve a rank?

Secondly, dueling is a fun form of pvp. Why you want to knock it is beyond me, and to think that field is some awesome spectacle, maybe 4-5 years ago. Times have changed, and running in gank squads and fighting gank squads are little to no fun, and explosion potions have little effect on group field pvp. Also; theres only 2-3 spots people occasionally visit and they are by guard zones. The last time I stocked my red I spent a good 20 minutes outside of del/brit bridge/graveyard before I found somebody who just ran into guard zone. At least with duels I can duel many times and spend little time looking for action. And I wont have to worry about super mares or anything.