UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Deferred-HS Ethereal horse reward - wrong

Craudiator

Sorceror
Ethereal horse is a 3th year veteran reward. Its wrong, was changed to 1st year reward on the Publish 79.

• Moved ethereal horses to one year, all existing horses will also be one year to ride

Pub 79 came in 2012, after HS.
Can we use if (Core.HS)? Or as per rules we have to stick up to ML?

Waiting for an answer, I will sit down and wait.

mytilus

Sorceror
as stated it was not always that way on osi and even though it is considered a "third year reward" at demise you are eligible for this reward after only 9 months.

in the meantime you can get a dony pony for less than 2 months subscription time on osi and help support the shard =]

If its for pvp you are far better off with a bonded pet, nightmare or unicorn or at the very minimum a swamp dragon.

Slugworth

Squire
as stated it was not always that way on osi and even though it is considered a "third year reward" at demise you are eligible for this reward after only 9 months.

in the meantime you can get a dony pony for less than 2 months subscription time on osi and help support the shard =]

If its for pvp you are far better off with a bonded pet, nightmare or unicorn or at the very minimum a swamp dragon.
And if your pet dies you should also have an ethy and protection mount.

otimpyre

Sorceror
I was on OSI recently, they did away with having to wait to use vet rewards at all. In an attempt to bring back old players. All except the shard transfer shields, and account bound items. I am happy to wait. I just recently am able to use mining carts =) All most all shards on OSI are a ghost town. Also it is so far from being anything like Demise. Everything feels so Alien and unlike our era. I made an account bought a perfect suit with $, got a house $, bought a bunch of uber rare stuff $, made my character GM $ joined a popular guild and was very, very unhappy. Wasted a bunch of money only to feel alone and disappointed. I quickly returned home to Demise and was happy again. Don't ever wish to much for Demise to be exactly like modern day UO you may regret it.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
There would be no harm in making ethy horse a 1st year reward, or rideable ASAP for that matter.

I mean every new player wants an ethy at some point, even if it's just for exploring and stuff. It's much less of a hassle than having to recall 2-3 times after every death, and paying an extra 600 gp for a new horse (while you already lost ~6k in insurance).

It's nothing for an established player, but for a new player who's bottom feeding, it's a huge hit to bank balance progress.

Slugworth

Squire

And what happens if your pet dies? Ever hear of protection "ethy" mount? Probably not..

MB.

Wanderer
And what happens if your pet dies? Ever hear of protection "ethy" mount? Probably not..
What a complete and utter retard. How dense can you be? Your quoting with the same irrelevant comment that you did 4 months ago. Stay with us, turdburger. Everyone knows about prot ethy.

Diz

Wanderer
9 month wait to ride an ethy without a 7 sec delay in 2014 is quite possibly one of the most asinine glass ceilings I've ever encountered in any online game. It is a stunningly awful concept, cuz it forces a microtransaction.

This is 2014, waiting 9 months from account start to not be a slow piece of shit or being forced to donate for something that can't be used as a backup in PvP is stupid. I can't put it any other way. Ten years ago, I get it. Now, I don't fucking get it, and anyone trying to justify it should ask themselves how it makes things appealing to new players at all.

If it's about supporting the server, I'd be more inclined to donate from the start if I knew they were attempting to put new players on a somewhat even keel, and if the mount was regular cast speed. Instead, even if you use that dony, it's just another bulwark in place, cuz that's what 7 sec delay is. It means you can be somewhat more efficient right out the gate upon arrival here, but don't have the utility of it for legit purposes due to cast speed, so your risk jumps up if doing anything serious.

Last edited:

Geaux

Sorceror
9 month wait to ride an ethy without a 7 sec delay in 2014 is quite possibly one of the most asinine glass ceilings I've ever encountered in any online game. It is a stunningly awful concept, cuz it forces a microtransaction.

This is 2014, waiting 9 months from account start to not be a slow piece of shit or being forced to donate for something that can't be used as a backup in PvP is stupid. I can't put it any other way. Ten years ago, I get it. Now, I don't fucking get it, and anyone trying to justify it should ask themselves how it makes things appealing to new players at all.

If it's about supporting the server, I'd be more inclined to donate from the start if I knew they were attempting to put new players on a somewhat even keel, and if the mount was regular cast speed. Instead, even if you use that dony, it's just another bulwark in place, cuz that's what 7 sec delay is. It means you can be somewhat more efficient right out the gate upon arrival here, but don't have the utility of it for legit purposes due to cast speed, so your risk jumps up if doing anything serious.
I like your point, i think maybe donation shouldnt have a longer delay, you are paying for the ability to use the etheral shouldnt be penalized for it. If that was the case i bet they would see donation ethy purchases skyrocket.

Diz

Wanderer
This morning I serendipitously stumbled across this lil nugget:

UOGUIDE.COM said:
Unlike Veteran Reward Ethereal Mounts, the charger of the fallen does not have an account age restriction

Diz

Wanderer
Eh, round ten I believe. Maybe a bit more, or a bit less.

I posted that cuz I'm curious to see if that's how they function on Demise... anyone care to drop some knowledge?