UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why are thieves allowed to harass gray/red players in town without repercussion?

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Vizeroth said:
What if reds and grays couldn't recall for ten minutes after being engaged in combat? "That's a sacrifice you must make. Gotta balance the good with the bad." What if reds suffered permanent stat loss when dying? "Just a sacrifice they've gotta make." What if all attacks performed by reds dealt less damage than their blue counterparts? "Oops, another sacrifice they've got to make."
The sentences in red are "standing" your straw man. Every one of those arguments are straw men arguments that were easier to than the original to refute (due to common sense).

The strength of his argument has nothing to do with it

Farrel

Sorceror
Ok so you want thieves to be flagged for steal from criminals and murderers then the guards come and Kill the thieve everybody see this get piss starts a riot and burns down the bank game over

St. George

Wanderer
Who really cares about a thief stealing from another thief or murderer? It's a repercussion of being a dirty thief or murderer. Stay away from thieves or lure them to death.
Or make a thief and gate him in to resteal your shit back.

His "argument" was nothing more than a mindless statement that thieves stealing from reds and grays scot free is just something they have to deal with. He made no attempt to explain why that should be the case. Showing his words in response to different contexts served to highlight the ridiculousness of the statement. Nothing was misrepresented; there wasn't anything THERE to misrepresent.

If the topic were kicking explosion potions, his post would be akin to saying "when you throw a pot with the intent to hurt someone, having it kicked back at you is a risk you must take." It's pure drivel.

Nah - he gave you a valid reason, you just didn't like it because you disagreed with it.

Teterios

Sorceror
I agree it is frustrating.. I do believe it to be right though because if a thief steals from a red he is not technically performing a criminal act.. all those people are pussies anyhow who would rather stalk you and steal your wands then actually log on a pvper and try to kill them.. Uo Gamers Hybrid: Where 95% of the shard are pussies

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I agree it is frustrating.. I do believe it to be right though because if a thief steals from a red he is not technically performing a criminal act..
Is a blue performing a criminal act by attacking a red? No, yet the red can still defend himself when it happens, so how does this reasoning make sense?