UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UDICraft Server

psz

Administrator
Regarding the UDICraft server:
Now that our move is more or less done, and we are pretty settled in, I've had a chance to test out some of the Minecraft 1.7.2 mods (since they FINALLY work), and I've had some thoughts on the server going forward.

Thoughts?

psz

Administrator
Oops. Fixed the option for MODDED 1.7.2 restart (Originally just had it as 1.7.2, which implied vanilla)

Current 1.7.2 mod list:

AbyssalCraft
ArcaneScrolls
ArmorStatusHUD
backpack
Baubles
BiblioCraft
BiomesOPlenty
Blood Magic
Botania
bspkrsCore
Carpenter's Blocks
Chisel
CodeChickenCore
CodeChickenLib
CustomMobSpawner
DamageIndicatorsMod
denseores
DrZharks MoCreatures Mod (may have to turn off mob damage, as ogre magi can ruin a town in an instant)
DynamicLights
EnderBook
ForgeMultipart
GraveStone
HardcoreEnderExpansion
InfernalMobs
InventoryTweaks
ironchest
Java7Checker
KingCore
LibSandstone
Mantle
Metallurgy (tweaked down, and with ores edited)
MetallurgyCore
MobiusCore
mystcraft
natura
neiaddons
NotEnoughItems
PaintedStone
RandomThings
Reliquary
roguelike (smaller dungeons than default, more spread out)
rotateableblocks
Ruins
StatusEffectHUD
TConstruct
tgame-core
Thaumcraft
ThaumicTinkerer
TiCTooltips
TMechworks
twilightforest
UpdateCheckerMod
voxelmap
Waila
witchery
yafm

psz

Administrator
I expect to "tally the votes" (from both here and the UDIC Facebook group) on Thursday, and then restart the server on Friday, as an FYI

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
wow I don't think I've ever played minecraft with so many mods, I might just need to drop by someday ;)

Reactions: psz

psz

Administrator
Some of those (Dynamic lights, the various HUDs, etc) are actually client side only, so are totally optional.

Looks like I have to drop Reliquary for now... The 1.7.x version is still a "test" version, and doesn't play well on the server. Everything else seems OK so far (Took almost all day to figure out a client crash from a mismatch)

MadeInQuebec

Could you put somewhere a downloadable file for all of the current mods you run on there?

Just curious I might drop in but I'd like to have the mods on my client as well to make sure I don't run into compatibility issues.

I use 1.7.2 as of lately so that should work just fine I presume.

psz

Administrator
All but two mods are working on 1.7.10..... Half tempted to wait :-P (Thaumcraft and Mo'Creatures are the two not working mods). Have also tested some additional mods for 1.7.10 that weren't in my 1.7.2 list.

I can't put together a proper "ModPack" as some of the mods prohibit this, but I can put together all of the Client Side mods that allow it, and put up links for the remainder, if that's OK?

MadeInQuebec

That sounds like it could work.

It's amazing you got all that to work out with 1.7.10 I'm a bit wary for using it.

When I tried to update and run it, forge would keep giving me bunch of issues and never managed to start up anything, as slightly modded it was there was always complications at some point. Kinda why I reverted back to 1.7.2 :)

Anyway I will certainly attempt it once more

psz

Administrator
Here is a zip file with all of the mods I have permission to include. There is also a file called Manual Download with links to the mods I do not have permission for.

Let me know if I missed any mods (Trying to connect to the server will tell you if something is missing, or the wrong version)

http://psz01.sytes.net/minecraft/UDICraft Mods.zip

Just copy everything from the mods folder in the zip into the mods folder of your .minecraft folder

You MUST have Forge installed.

Note that the server IS up with the modded 1.7.2, but its just for testing. I wipe the map every couple of days to test things.

You will still need to be on the whitelist if you were not added previously.

psz

Administrator
I updated the zip file, as I was missing a couple of mods and needed to update Witchery. Just redownload and install.

MadeInQuebec

Wasn't Withchery a manual download? I am pretty sure I dl'ed it and it was the version for 1,7,2.

Regardless I will re-dl it when I get home tonight and try to start it up.

MadeInQuebec

Well I got interesting news.

1. I managed to load all of the mods, and the app will start without any bugs. Which is great!

2. I managed to start a singleplayer game, which works... Somewhat (see below)

3. When I attempted to connect to UDICraft, everything looked tip top until I got this message that you can see in the attachment. I could have simply try to find that mod and drag it out of my mods but as of now I have another concern.

When I attempted my singleplayer game, I managed to log in and all. Unfortunately, I guess my computer is unable to handle all the massive data that it has to provide, I could move and function well for the first 2 or 3 minutes but after that I've had lag so intense that I couldn't even chop down a tree.

Is there anything else I could do to try to fix this? I saw that my minecraft only allow the usage of 500mb of ram, if I could up that to 2gig, perhaps it would help out, or maybe you have other performance suggestion for me?

Attachments

• udicraft1.png
    udicraft1.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 9

psz

Administrator
Yeah, Custom Spawner is a Manual Download (it's required for Mo Creatures, and is on the same site.)

For the RAM issue, you can add this to your Minecraft java commands (Edit your Profile from the launcher, then go to the bottom where the java commands are)

Change -Xmx<#>G to -Xmx<max ram you want to use in GB>G

Also change -Xmn<#>M to -Xmn<minimum ram you want to use in GB>G (Or use <#>M to specify in MB... This should be 1/4 to 1/3 the max number at most)

There are probably other options already set in the JVM section as well.

Also, Java 8 seems to help, too.

psz

Administrator
After testing for a bit (both on server and locally), I will be changing some mods for 1.7.10 (No Hardcore Ender, replace YAFM with Pam's Harvest, adding Mariculture, etc)

MadeInQuebec

I think I need a better computer lol

Kinda ironic that a game with such rudimentary graphic can cause so much strain on my system haha.

psz

Administrator
Well, connecting to the server should alleviate SOME of the overhead (since you're not loading the map/entities locally).