UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

DragonSlayer69r's bad suggestion list. Want feedback.

Below are some changes that I personally feel would change the average composition of hybrid's playerbase. You may not agree with some of these, but these are my opinions and you have just as much of a right to voice disagreement, and I want you all to. Let's keep this civil. That being said, here are my suggestions:

1. Instant swing (We already have instant hit.)
By adding instant swing you introduce MANY "Hybrid" templates. It would be a fresh breath of air from a rather stale template(alchy stun).

2. Disable the use of Gate Travel spell's while under the combat flag.
PvP is still too mobile. It's that simple.

3. Remove safezones that are close to the general population.
It's completely understandable to want to go afk and be safe. That's what houses are for. The safezones are abused and PvP/skill levels suffer because of it. People will sit in complete safety, load a spell and have a target prepped and ready. It's scumbag tactics and safezones let people exploit it.

4. Tweak the percent chances of weapon special hits.
Supposedly Anatomy/4=% to land a special hit. Warrior's are absolutely dependent on these hits, and they NEVER land. I have been/always will be a mage, but warriors on hybrid need tuning. Their is a reason 99% of the population are casters.

5. Add some more of the new UO weapons.
There are some pretty neat weapons from newer expansions.This is least needed, as adjusting the swing speed/damage for all of these weapons would be frustrating. But it would be cool.

We need feedback, positive/negative. Whatever.
We actually have staff that are eager to do things (Suzy) and now is our chance, as a playbase, to see this game change for the better.

sanchen

Knight
Another suggestion you should add is for the duel leader boards. Add a decay system so people are forced to duel in order to keep there ranking instead of just being able to farm it once and never log back on. Or incorporate seasons give us a reason to duel and make more players duel when there is a reason to do so.

Shake__

Wanderer
Moongates should'nt be usable if you have attacked someone.

Don't allow offensive spells to be cast while inside the pits. This will stop people from pit breaking and coming out pre loaded.

Bring back snooping inside the pond maybe. It gives PVP thieves a use and no factioner will sit there while someone pops they pouches and looks for wands/weapons.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
Yes yes yes

Don't allow offensive spells to be cast while inside the pits. This will stop people from pit breaking and coming out pre loaded.
I really like this idea.

Another suggestion you should add is for the duel leader boards. Add a decay system so people are forced to duel in order to keep there ranking instead of just being able to farm it once and never log back on. Or incorporate seasons give us a reason to duel and make more players duel when there is a reason to do so.
This should be done too.

Stealth needs to be reworked.

As of right now stealth steps= Stealth/10=steps. On OSI it's Stealth/5=steps, as long as your walking.
You can only run 10 steps however.

Pets need to automatically share notoriety with their owner.

Adding instant hit is up in the air with me, more people would infact play different templates, however pvp is so evolved now I could see a group of archers or hally mages abusing it with insta kills.

toddy2

Page
Below are some changes that I personally feel would change the average composition of hybrid's playerbase. You may not agree with some of these, but these are my opinions and you have just as much of a right to voice disagreement, and I want you all to. Let's keep this civil. That being said, here are my suggestions:

1. Instant swing (We already have instant hit.)
By adding instant swing you introduce MANY "Hybrid" templates. It would be a fresh breath of air from a rather stale template(alchy stun).

PvP is still too mobile. It's that simple.

3. Remove safezones that are close to the general population.
It's completely understandable to want to go afk and be safe. That's what houses are for. The safezones are abused and PvP/skill levels suffer because of it. People will sit in complete safety, load a spell and have a target prepped and ready. It's scumbag tactics and safezones let people exploit it.

4. Tweak the percent chances of weapon special hits.
Supposedly Anatomy/4=% to land a special hit. Warrior's are absolutely dependent on these hits, and they NEVER land. I have been/always will be a mage, but warriors on hybrid need tuning. Their is a reason 99% of the population are casters.

5. Add some more of the new UO weapons.
There are some pretty neat weapons from newer expansions.This is least needed, as adjusting the swing speed/damage for all of these weapons would be frustrating. But it would be cool.

We need feedback, positive/negative. Whatever.
We actually have staff that are eager to do things (Suzy) and now is our chance, as a playbase, to see this game change for the better.
1. Instant swing minus archery would be great. I could see so many trolls abusing this.
2. Agree
3. They tried this and everyone just sits in their house, gate in, do a run through a hot spot then gate out.
4. I think the % is balanced as is. Runics (weps&armour) should be removed. Make people hunt for their weps... Bring more pvp to dungeons.
5. Maybe if they implemented lances(age of Shadows I think) and remove bolas. So you have to be dismounted and next to the target to knock them off their mount. Even making it take away 30-40mana.

I enjoy people making suggestions but buffing dexxers would be crazy too, if youve ever played a alchy fencer etc you would know they are insane, seems like you hit a parablow every 3 hits, and it just takes 3 hits to kill someone with exceptional armor sometimes and then add explosion potions to the mix... Insane

Also 4 ways of healing while dealing all of this damage? Bandaids, wands, magery, potions

1. Instant swing minus archery would be great. I could see so many trolls abusing this.
2. Agree
3. They tried this and everyone just sits in their house, gate in, do a run through a hot spot then gate out.
4. I think the % is balanced as is. Runics (weps&armour) should be removed. Make people hunt for their weps... Bring more pvp to dungeons.
5. Maybe if they implemented lances(age of Shadows I think) and remove bolas. So you have to be dismounted and next to the target to knock them off their mount. Even making it take away 30-40mana.
Agree with your post, other than number 1 I'm just on the fence about instant hit, 1 stun mage in a group of 3 hally mages would pretty much be insta kills without time for heals.