UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Poll for permanent TOT system

Keeping TOTs active permanently...

• Total voters

Kallitcha

Squire
In the last year and a half I have never seen this many people out hunting in such large numbers. It is freaking awesome to actually see people having fun. I would like to see the tot system kept going, even if it had a lower drop rate.

Uomvp

Knight
Keeping it permanently is a bad idea. It's the biggest event on the shard and making it rare is what gets people excited. Its like the newish doom system. At first it was huge n now its slow again.

Kallitcha

Squire
Keeping it permanently is a bad idea. It's the biggest event on the shard and making it rare is what gets people excited. Its like the newish doom system. At first it was huge n now its slow again.
I would def. Vote to have it more often like every few months
What I'm suggesting is keeping it on at a much reduced drop rate and during events (possibly more often like you suggest every couple of months) turn the drop rate higher.

Hunting in ishlar I see people once in a while...
Hunting in tok I rarely see people
Hunting in tram rarely
Hunting in fel almost never see anyone except around champ spawns and only when one is started.

I just don't see the harm in having a chance to get an arti in tok being that bad of a thing. Give it a rare chance for a drop all the time and boost those chances during events to satisfy and excite the population on rarer occasions

DreamCatching

Wanderer
Paragon arties are crap and not worth crap. This shard seriously. Needs some. Improvement to keep. Players new players and such. Shard could. Be so much bigger if tots were open players would be able to get gear faster better gear could start spending and so much more without starting then quiting days later. More players more donations bugger shard. More. Fun and more. Improvements

Kallitcha

Squire
Paragon arties are crap and not worth crap. This shard seriously. Needs some. Improvement to keep. Players new players and such. Shard could. Be so much bigger if tots were open players would be able to get gear faster better gear could start spending and so much more without starting then quiting days later. More players more donations bugger shard. More. Fun and more. Improvements
Not to mention the number of new players that after getting geared up with a realative steady stream of tot artifacts, would possibly get into pvp. My experience is the only people who don't want this to happen are the ones who already got them when it was active for a long time.

hickman48

Knight

Have you ever actually looked at the paragon artys?

Wrath of the dryad< the only way this could be better is if hci was hld or hit lighting was higher.

33% hit lighting 1 mod at 60%
15% hci 1 mod at 100%
50% mana leech 1 mod at 100%
40 di
100% poison damage 1 mod at 100%

this is on par with a weapon crafted with a heartwood kit but good luck actually rolling up these mods.

Titans leg bone > mod number is on par with a gold / aggy / verite hammer and intensity pretty close to it only way this could be better is if it had mana leech.

40 hit lighting 1 mod at 80%
40 hit lower def 1 mod at 80%
10 hci 1 mod at 66%
20 di
10 phys 1 mod at 66%

heart of the lion / violt

total of 55 resist + 15 dci on par with a 4 mod item sold for most non lrc suits or any suit not using a rbc.

Nox rangers xbow 6 mod heavy xbow stam leech and poison resist not the best mods but still makes it a 4 mod weapon on par with a heartwood kit lacking on 20 di.

sc no pen 2 mods

40% stam leech 1 mod at 80%

30 ssi 1 mod at 100%

di 20%

Poison resist 10% 1 mod at 66%

50% phys 50% poison 1 mod at 50%

Shield of invulnerability 5 mod shield effectively 4 mods tho so this is also a gold - val hammer item.

sc no pen 2 mods
15 dci 1 mod at 100%
rpd 1 mod at 66%
physical resist 8 would be on par with a crafted shield with dull copper
100% lower req 1 mod at 100%

The other minors have their places and uses these items are not perfect but are far form useless.

My experience is the only people who don't want this to happen are the ones who already got them when it was active for a long time.

This may be the case but these are the people who sell them for 1-2 mil takes 1-2 days to farm that up if that as for myself before this last release on tots i owned 6 gtots and 3 ltots 1 rbc 1 horse lord 1 set of grips 1 tolk 1 set of sops and 1 mempo 2 flutes of renewal 1 daemon 1 undead.( This is 63 ltots worth of tots anyone should have been able to easly farmed this up in the week that the event took place, As you can see in my post here http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/551144/#post-4048559 i had 64 ltots on day 2 of this event.) There will be a lot of people who farmed it all week so there should be no problem for a new player to farm up 1-2 mil gold and buy a gtot at most someone would want maybe 3 gtots for as suit so 6 mil, This is less than a week of farming 1. elf bods just from tailoring alone.

Tldr
Gtots where selling for 1-2 mil before event if someone is to lazy to farm that gold up i doubt they would stick around on the server anyways.

royal kapero2

Sorceror
Have you ever actually looked at the paragon artys?

Wrath of the dryad< the only way this could be better is if hci was hld or hit lighting was higher.

33% hit lighting 1 mod at 60%
15% hci 1 mod at 100%
50% mana leech 1 mod at 100%
40 di
100% poison damage 1 mod at 100%

this is on par with a weapon crafted with a heartwood kit but good luck actually rolling up these mods.

Titans leg bone > mod number is on par with a gold / aggy / verite hammer and intensity pretty close to it only way this could be better is if it had mana leech.

40 hit lighting 1 mod at 80%
40 hit lower def 1 mod at 80%
10 hci 1 mod at 66%
20 di
10 phys 1 mod at 66%

heart of the lion / violt

total of 55 resist + 15 dci on par with a 4 mod item sold for most non lrc suits or any suit not using a rbc.

Nox rangers xbow 6 mod heavy xbow stam leech and poison resist not the best mods but still makes it a 4 mod weapon on par with a heartwood kit lacking on 20 di.

sc no pen 2 mods

40% stam leech 1 mod at 80%

30 ssi 1 mod at 100%

di 20%

Poison resist 10% 1 mod at 66%

50% phys 50% poison 1 mod at 50%

Shield of invulnerability 5 mod shield effectively 4 mods tho so this is also a gold - val hammer item.

sc no pen 2 mods
15 dci 1 mod at 100%
rpd 1 mod at 66%
physical resist 8 would be on par with a crafted shield with dull copper
100% lower req 1 mod at 100%

The other minors have their places and uses these items are not perfect but are far form useless.

This may be the case but these are the people who sell them for 1-2 mil takes 1-2 days to farm that up if that as for myself before this last release on tots i owned 6 gtots and 3 ltots 1 rbc 1 horse lord 1 set of grips 1 tolk 1 set of sops and 1 mempo 2 flutes of renewal 1 daemon 1 undead.( This is 63 ltots worth of tots anyone should have been able to easly farmed this up in the week that the event took place, As you can see in my post here http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/551144/#post-4048559 i had 64 ltots on day 2 of this event.) There will be a lot of people who farmed it all week so there should be no problem for a new player to farm up 1-2 mil gold and buy a gtot at most someone would want maybe 3 gtots for as suit so 6 mil, This is less than a week of farming 1. elf bods just from tailoring alone.

Tldr
Gtots where selling for 1-2 mil before event if someone is to lazy to farm that gold up i doubt they would stick around on the server anyways.

You forgot about cavorting club, its valorite tinker's runic.

mantorras

Sorceror
I think the current system is fine, I believe tots right now are at the optimum price, not too expensive but not ridiculous cheap.
A casual new player will easily farm a few tots and other goodies in the special events that happen during a year, when tots are not available they can also be bought by a reasonable price, long gone are the days of rbc costing 40kk, nowdays you can find gtots at very cheap prices.
In my view having more items to trade is also good for the "economy's flow".
I have played in shards that put tots all year round and what happened was that they simply went the route of marties, they became worthless and players no longer traded them, after a while people no longered had interest in them and tokuno was deserted once again.

BrotherDon

Sorceror
I think it should be more often, like maybe once a month or something, but not all the time.

Like was stated in the thread already, its the events rarity that draws so many people out. If it was on all the time you might see one or two people at popular spawns sometimes but thats it. I do think making it more often or even on a regular rotation would do a lot to boost shard activity... what if every weekend there was an event to get people active? one weekend was ToTs, next was a weekend long champ spawn area like they occasionally run in malas, next free rides to doom, or a weekend long net toss on the top of every hour ?

Stuff thats already being done, but put on a regular schedule so people could plan for it.

SCV

Wanderer
The moment people start taking everything for granted is the time they lose interest in uo.
I also think the current random yearly tots are fine as it is. I started a few months ago in this shard with no friend or handouts and I already have quite a decent amount of tots.

Uomvp

Knight
I don't fully agree with the statement the people wanting it closed want to preserve the price; I'm sure there without a doubt some people have this intention but new players need gear, resources, training etc.. A non stop event will not guarantee new players or keep new players. People play uo (still) because they love the game and stay on the shard because they love the community. I know myself and a good amount of others that have helped gear up new players and some gave them pets, helped them hunt and other stuff. Doing things like that will increase the likelihood that people will stay not an everlasting event.

I have plenty of stuff and if it stays open then so be it; doesn't bother me but I enjoy the surprise special events. They get people excited to do them, I know I personally would lose interest pretty fast if it was open non stop.

Kallitcha

Squire
I think the current system is fine, I believe tots right now are at the optimum price, not too expensive but not ridiculous cheap.
A casual new player will easily farm a few tots and other goodies in the special events that happen during a year, when tots are not available they can also be bought by a reasonable price, long gone are the days of rbc costing 40kk, nowdays you can find gtots at very cheap prices.
In my view having more items to trade is also good for the "economy's flow".
I have played in shards that put tots all year round and what happened was that they simply went the route of marties, they became worthless and players no longer traded them, after a while people no longered had interest in them and tokuno was deserted once again.
I am by no means advocating having it at the high drop rate that they have during events. Dial the drop rate back to the same percentage as doom. This will allow someone to bust their but to get enough minor artifacts to trade for a greater. I think it would be a great balance. The drop rate for tot is a multi level system that can be adjusted up, down or off. Set it at the lowest level and they will remain relatively valuable, at the same time giving someone who really wants them the option go out and work for them. Please think about that.

Rubin Sticks

Sorceror
Keep ToT's the same.
This ToT did nothing but annoy me.
Forced me me to kill anything for ToT's.
I got bored after a couple of days.

ToT's forced ppl to play, I've had no enjoyment out of it. I doubled my stored TiT's.

Anyone fancy Torchlight 2?

Kallitcha

Squire
Keep ToT's the same.
This ToT did nothing but annoy me.
Forced me me to kill anything for ToT's.
I got bored after a couple of days.

ToT's forced ppl to play, I've had no enjoyment out of it. I doubled my stored TiT's.

Anyone fancy Torchlight 2?
Forced??? Nothing forced you to go out and do it, other than the fact that if you wanted tot's you were forced to have to cram it all in a short period of time. Wouldn't it be much more pleasant to go do it at your leisure rather then over do it to annoyance... Just a thought...